d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > The Foh/charger > Another Guide By Clanbk
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Mar 8 2008 03:26pm
Basics
The FoH/Charger is a hybrid character, which uses two different attacks and two auras, Fist of the Heavens/Conviction and Charge/Might.This character will be bulit to compete at level 30 with characters of all classes.

I will say to begin that this is not exactly a cheap character, or one that is easy to master. However, it can be very competitve when you learn to how to use the character (When to use what skill, when to be aggressive/defensive, etc.)

This guide assumes that you have hell rushed your character and gotten all your skill quests (Den, Radament, Book, Life Potion, Izzy, Anya) in all three difficulties.

Stats
Strength: Enough to wear your gear, so your end strength should be 103 (minus the 10 str received from weapon which doesn't really help you).
Dexterity: Enough for Max Block. If you opt to skill Holy Shield this will save you stat points.
Vitality: All remaining stat points.
Energy: No.

Skills

Note: Some may recommend skilling Holy Shield so you spend less stat points getting Max Block and also gain more defense. I chose not do so, as rejoining games everytime you get charge-locked can be very fustrating. If you choose to go the Holy Shield route, subtract 2 skill points from Might to make up for adding one into Holy Shield and one into Blessed Hammer.

Gear
Helm: Peasant Crown, +12 Life replenish. This is generally a great helm for this build. +1 skill will add do your FoH and Charge damage and your -enemy resists from Conviction, and the life, life repl, and mana you get it great. Socket this with a 15-24 max damage jewel.
Armor: Spirit Shroud Ghost Armor socketed with a 15-24 max damage jewel. Have a 35 Resist Skin of the Vipermagi in stash socketed with a +15 Max Damage/+15 All Resist jewel for casters.
Weapon: Honor Divine Scepter with +3 Fist of the Heavens and +x Conviction. You should preferably have a superior one with Enhanced Damage and Attack Rating on it.
Shield: 65% Enhanced Damage 121 Attack Rating Spirit Crown shield, or as close to those stats as possible. Keep a 45 Base Resist shield in stash for when you need it versus casters.
Switch: Insight Rune Staff, the higher the damage and Meditation level the better.
Belt: +24% Faster Hit Recovery with +Life, Strength, Mana, Resists versus casters, 15% Damage Reduction String of Ears versus melee.
Gloves: Bloodfists.
Boots: Sander's boots.
Rings: Stones of Jordan
Amulet: +2 Combat Skills +80 life, or as close to it as you can get.

Charms
2-3 Max Damage/Ar/13-15 Life SCs.
8-10 Max Damage/Ar/20-25 Life GCs.

Plain 15 life charms can substitute fine while you build up your inventory, but I highly recommend having at least 50 Max Damage coming from charms to start with.

Pointers
-Charge is your best friend. Learn to use it to move around without draining your mana to 0 at the same time.
-When FoHing, always try to make sure your conviction aura has taken effect before you attack. If not, it's pretty much a waste of time and mana.
-Certain characters, such as hammerdins can be dangerous to try and charge directly at. Using FoH to weaken them can be very effective if you can be patient enough to do so.
-Walking increases your chance to block when facing melee characters.
-Always make sure when charging an enemy that there's room behind them to keep the charge going.
-Some characters you don't need a shield against, such as hammerdins/bone necs/smiters. Use your Insight against them for the extra damage it gives you.
-Meditation in some cases can be more useful as a charge aura than might. It's regen, coupled with the 32 life replenish you already have, can be a good asset in longer duels. Just don't be a dick and charge off screen for minutes at a time to heal.
Gold: 2,000.09
Mar 8 2008 04:48pm
your gear and skill allocation for this build look completely flawed.
Banned
Mar 8 2008 04:53pm
Quote (rjg @ Sat, Mar 8 2008, 05:48pm)
your gear and skill allocation for this build look completely flawed.

ty
Mar 8 2008 05:02pm
then again, i like when people copy my builds and make them look mediocre. it stops people from being like "no fair your builds are overpowered"
Banned
Mar 8 2008 05:05pm
Quote (rjg @ Sat, Mar 8 2008, 06:02pm)
then again, i like when people copy my builds and make them look mediocre.  it stops people from being like "no fair your builds are overpowered"

Ofc I copied your build, seeing as how many times I've seen it.
Mar 8 2008 05:05pm
and even better, breakbeatz will now claim you have a regen charger.
Banned
Mar 8 2008 05:07pm
Quote (rjg @ Sat, Mar 8 2008, 06:05pm)
and even better, breakbeatz will now claim you have a regen charger.

Shit. >.<
Mar 8 2008 05:10pm
It's a very good first attempt at the c/t build though. I give it an 8/10, with room for improvement.

Plus you're probably the best LLD on east L now because the build is so awesome.
Banned
Mar 8 2008 05:12pm
Quote (rjg @ Sat, Mar 8 2008, 06:10pm)
It's a very good first attempt at the c/t build though.  I give it an 8/10, with room for improvement.

Plus you're probably the best LLD on east L now because the build is so awesome.

Do you know anyone above you and below Jared in Crai btw?
Gold: 0.04
Mar 8 2008 05:14pm
Quote (rjg @ Sat, Mar 8 2008, 03:10pm)
It's a very good first attempt at the c/t build though.  I give it an 8/10, with room for improvement.

what a noob...
fist of the heavens starts with F, not a t
it's a c/f liwl
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic