d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Lvl 30 Dual Claw Light Trapper
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.41
Nov 1 2007 03:28am
I have looked on different forums but have not seen a guide for lvl 30 lightning trappers, I wont post weapon/shield build for one as i've not made one like that, although that would be the cheapest way to go. I have been using lvl 30 light trapper since 1.10 and i've found them to be an underused and underrated lld character, in this guide I will post recommended gear/skill placement/stat placement/tactics for some of the harder duels you'll come across. In this I will post 2 different ways to achieve the recommended fcr/fhr bps as well, we will start with skill placement, I should also mention this will require a g rush to get the most out of your character.

Skills 41 skill points available

shock web-20
lightning sentry-7
burst of speed and pre-requisites-1(or use hand scythe with burst of speed to prebuff, giving more points for synergies)
mind blast and pre-requisites-1
weapon block-1
fade-1(optional)
charged bolt sentry- rest of your points go here

Gear recommendations Here i will post 2 different setups to achieve the desired 65 fcr and 48 fhr bps

Armor: 35 resist vipermagi(socket with pruby or stat/all res jewel)
Helm: 2 trap/1 sin 20fcr 70+mana circlet(socket with shael)
Boots: Sanders boots(40frw 5str 10dex)
Gloves: Magefists(20 fcr)
Belt: 24 fhr 50+life rare belt(try to get an additional mod(s) like str/life replenish/resists)
Amulet: 2 trap 70+mana(try to get with as many mods as you can, but mana is important for this character imo due to usage of two claws and not spirit sword)
Rings: Sojs
Claws: this will be the hardest part of making this character because only hand scythe can spawn skill automods for this lvl requirement, i will post a cheaper claw selection as well as a more expensive one:

recommended claws: 2 trap/1 sin 3 lightning sentry x2(socket with res/-req jewel(s), or hel rune) unless you use a 1 sin circlet or ammy i recommend using at least one 1sin/3ls claw(also if u can manage to nab one with +mind blast or weapon block, then disregard skill placing for those skill(s))

alternative claws: cheaper but nearly just as good as the first choice would be 3 light sentry 1-3 mind blast hand scythe and 3light sentry 1-3 weapon block hand scythes(loss of 3-4 trap skills but saves alot of points for synergies, does only slightly less dmg in the long run)

Charms

here I would recommend 30x 15 life scs, as well as 10x 3frw/xx mana scs, unless you can get a circlet with both fcr and frw, in this case use 40x 15lifers

Alternative gear recommendations:

this gear selection will use insight on weapon switch to reach 65% fcr(for mind blast)

Armor: vipermagi(socket pruby or res/stat jewel)
Helm: 2 trap 30 frw 2sockets and/or 70+ mana circlet(sock pruby/pskull/psapphire, whatever you prefer)
Boots: Sanders
Gloves: Bloodfists(30 fhr, 40life)
Belt: 24 fhr 50+life+mods
Amulet:2 trap 30+life 40+mana
Rings: Sojs
Claws same as the above setup
Switch weapon: insight in a low requirement weapon

Charms: 40x 15life scs

Stat Placement: here i will post recommended skill placement:

The assassin starts with stat layout of and at lvl 30 with all stat quests done you will have 160 stat points to use

str-20
dex-20
vit-20
energy-25

the needed stats(after all gear)

str-63(for claws with -req jewel)
dex-63(for claws with -req jewel)
vit-all remaining points
energy-none of course

Some of the harder duels you'll come across using this character:

Chargers:

For these duels it is important to stand still when possible, claw block is reduced to 0 when walking/running(and you dont want to have 0 block vs a charger) lay your traps and wait for him to come to you, when he is visible mind blast him to try and keep him in your traps longer

WW barb:

These guys have pretty high life, and you have very low minimum dmg, and only around 40-44% block, but chances are you can outrun them, lay traps and run away from him when he tries to whirl towards you, use mind blast only towards the end of his whirl sequence, as it is useless while he is actually in a ww, but mainly stay away from them, having low block means your hardest duels will be physical dmg opponents

Bowas: a bowazon will outrange you, making this a tough duel, but if you can get mind blast lock on them you can still win, don't rush in, stay as far away as you can and cast traps where they are running/standing, move in close enough to get them with mind blast, they usually have low life, so if you can get mind blast on them you can win pretty quickly

Conclusion:

Hopefully we can manage to get some more people into LLD, always nice to have different people to duel, but keep in mind LLD is a generally GM community and if you're into NKing and talking trash we don't want you wink.gif but I write this in hopes I will see more LLD light trappers around, any criticism on my guide is welcomed and if anyone is interested in trying it and has further questions, PM me i'd be glad to help if I can.
Gold: 20.00
Warn: 80%
Nov 1 2007 03:36am
with 10%fcr on amulet you can hit the 102 ( or is it 103?) fcr bp with an insight on switch for mindblast spamming which is usesfull -> 35 insight 30 armor 20 helm 20 gloves

i liked to put 1 solid point into burst of speed beacsue its anoying to have to run to stash to buff it and if you run out induels you have nothing to use but have claws with fade for when needed (very rarely imo)

oh and another thing -> the dex requirements for handsths alow you to have max block with a whistans and a +dex jewel i believe so that makes chargers and ww barbs a bit easyer

however nice guide smile.gif

This post was edited by Mr_Bilson on Nov 1 2007 03:39am
Nov 1 2007 03:38am
Quote (Mr_Bilson @ Thu, Nov 1 2007, 05:36am)
with 10%fcr on amulet you can hit the 102 ( or is it 103?) fcr bp with an insight on switch for mindblast spamming which is usesfull -> 35 insight 30 armor 20 helm 20 gloves

i liked to put 1 solid point into burst of speed beacsue its anoying to have to run to stash to buff it and if you run out induels you have nothing to use but have claws with fade for when needed (very rarely imo)

however nice guide smile.gif

i agree on 1pt BoS, though i have never tried 102 fcr, ill give it a shot one of these days tho, but i agree, and ty wink.gif
Gold: 0.04
Nov 1 2007 04:39am
i always like to see lld guide, ty.
Nov 1 2007 09:23am
Quote (maximus_le_roi @ Thu, Nov 1 2007, 06:39am)
i always like to see lld guide, ty.

you're welcome and ty for input
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
Nov 3 2007 05:48am
put to lld guides
Warn: 30%
Nov 3 2007 04:44pm
i love it chris, very well described:)
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Nov 3 2007 06:04pm
well since i like this guide "chris", i'll try this out heart2.gif
Gold: 19.00
Nov 3 2007 08:18pm
imo spirit + rhyme on switch instead, and use mana pots.
Warn: 30%
Nov 29 2007 03:06pm
or get a claw 5 light sentry, 1 wep block 1 bos 1 mb:)
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll