d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Monster Abilities
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,714.75
May 15 2024 03:53pm
Even though I voted NO ... this still needs to be bumped up for more votes. :bouncy:

EDIT: I have been informed that some of the monster abilities activate differently, so a cool down period will only apply to some.

% chance to activate on Hit / Attack
% chance to activate randomly (per second or monster action)

Oh, forgot what someone mentioned also... the ability of some monsters are added to a normal monster attack and is not separate.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on May 15 2024 03:58pm
Gold: 188,310.16
Trader: Trusted
May 15 2024 11:05pm
still don't unterstand why it should matter how an abiility is activated; once it's activated the cooldown starts running no matter if it is hit taken, attack or any other random way; it's still activated somehow and that's the time where the cooldown period would start

didn't bump the topic cause i wasn't sure if posts about assuming how the game mechanic works makes any sense for the case; we don't really know how the abilties are programmed or if they are similar to the player stats like for example quick draw; it is way to much guessing and way to less knowledge since we never really got informed about that

for example Rex is assuming that a nerf for quick draw on monsters would nerf it for players, we got no clue if there's any correlation between monsters and player, the quickdraw on monsters could be completely diffrent from the one for players (it could be an ability, it could be a game mechanic like for players), i highly doubt that any changes on monsters have an effect on the players side (but like mentioned before that is just an assumption and we simply don't know)

the suggestion was more about seeing if people in general are intrested in a change of the system, it's the developers task to find a way to implement it if they think it's a needed and wanted

Gold: 94,558.08
May 17 2024 02:25am
#1 sounds the best imo and my logic was the same as Andy's. It's not fair monster abilities seem luck based not charge based

#2 could have some issues, for example if 3-4 people get immunity at high lvls or during high EP waves and all monsters can only activate abilities on 1 person. This is a little complicated, because we don't know how abilities trigger exactly. If multihit monsters have 4 players immune, they might trigger all their double/triple hits on the same target, unless we ignore that and the immunity only works for utility abilities (stuns/element immunes etc.)

#3 seems alright, it scales so it's pretty useless at low lvls (for the most part), but gets better at higher lvls
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll