d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Remove Or Change Soften The Sneaky Shell Objective
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,255.85
Apr 24 2024 10:42pm
Personally... this objective just sucks.

#1 ... it is the ONLY objective that people post for HELP or msg friends/guildies to HELP clear it.
#2 ... it is the ONLY objective that a Guardian can not kill it ... UNLESS you want to spend 12+ hours on it... oh, that is depending on what level you encounter it.
#3 ... the added +Vitality is shit when you build your character with a Minimum amount of Vitality... you don't gain more Hitpoints if your minimum Vitality is 100 ... your hit points remain the same.

Anyway... I made multiple suggestion about this objective.

#1 In settings you can remove this objective (and others) during your runs.
#2 Make Soften the Sneaky Shell random... damage can either be Physical, or Magical... but not both.
#3 forgot the other posts and ideas.

My main goal is to make this objective OBTAINABLE for every character class and their build... so if a Samurai is pure Melee... they don't need to ask for HELP from a caster.

Damn... just treat it like Four Corners at least you can deal damage Melee and Casting, but it takes time to kill it.
Gold: 522.44
Trader: Trusted
Apr 24 2024 10:50pm
Vote for no from me.

I'm not sure what you mean for the hit points staying the same, my understanding is you don't gain the vitality bonus from previous levels, but you should see the gain every level after completion.

The objective seems to be in place to make you think about how to play the game. Have diverse gear for diverse situations. It is also one that brings the intended group game play into affect. The game is no longer made for you to solo, you can choose to do so but that's a decision the individual makes.

Do I believe it to be annoying at times? Oh yes. However, I can just choose to skip it.

This post was edited by Ryanrules on Apr 24 2024 10:51pm
Apr 24 2024 11:20pm
Quote (Ryanrules @ 25 Apr 2024 16:50)
Vote for no from me.

I'm not sure what you mean for the hit points staying the same, my understanding is you don't gain the vitality bonus from previous levels, but you should see the gain every level after completion.

The objective seems to be in place to make you think about how to play the game. Have diverse gear for diverse situations. It is also one that brings the intended group game play into affect. The game is no longer made for you to solo, you can choose to do so but that's a decision the individual makes.

Do I believe it to be annoying at times? Oh yes. However, I can just choose to skip it.

Correct:

The Hit point remark is based on players that set a MINIMUM base vitality like myself = 100.

Just recently I had a level 45 Guardian open up a level 45 Map (Sneaky had not been done), however by level 36, I reached my 100 minimum base Vitality ... I don't need Sneaky reward... however, during my climb from level 1 to 45, I never encountered it ... and what the fuck happens... during my level 45 MAP run ... I get sneaky to pop up @ level 53.24.

Oh... by the way... for a couple of years I have encountered this issue, time and time again from level 55-72 even... Sneaky appearing during a Catacomb or a Map.

The reward of +Vitality is just shit... it is pointless unless you get it at the earliest convenience level ... well fuck... I have had the same issue with Treasure Pest... but at least Treasure Pest has better rewards.

Hey... if the +X Vitality from Sneaky was +X Extra Stat Points that you can distribute it yourself... then keep it coming... I would spend half a day killing it off with a Melee character.
Gold: 56,620.45
Apr 24 2024 11:20pm
I wish we had more options than just yes or no….i want to keep sneaky but allow charms from non magicians to be more effective….or have 2 different sneaky’s where 1 is physical immune and the other is magical immune and its a 50/50 shot with which one you get.

I went null

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Apr 24 2024 11:21pm
Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Apr 24 2024 11:35pm
i vote to soften the sneaky shell as the name suggests.
Gold: 31,190.70
Apr 25 2024 12:02am
Null

Because you can skip it or message someone to help.
As you said.

Now, changing the reward for completing objective? Maybe
Apr 25 2024 12:32am
Quote (Bob888 @ 25 Apr 2024 17:35)
i vote to soften the sneaky shell as the name suggests.

With your own wording here, how about each successful Melee hit "Softens" the "Shell" and increase melee damage because the "Shell" has "Softened"???

Now... do the same when using a Caster... they deal 0 damage until they "Soften" the "Shell" ... not get in a Caster to OBLITERATE "Soften the Sneaky Shell" objective.

AWESOME IDEA... THAT IS SO GREAT ... oh hang on... isn't this just like "Four Corners" where either Melee / Cast deal damage but it takes a long time to kill it off?

Wait... it isn't... it actually means CASTERS can not obliterate StSShell.

Quote (subwolf22 @ 25 Apr 2024 18:02)
Null

Because you can skip it or message someone to help.
As you said.

Now, changing the reward for completing objective? Maybe

Hmm... why should I ask someone to leave there game to help me out? ... I don't want to be a burden... what if they are in their own Map run? Yes, they may ask another to hold their game for them, but then that is taking another person away from their game... oh, if they are in a group run... they ask the other players in the group to hold on a minute while helping me out etc... it is all great... but why should I be a burden to ask for help???

Well as for the update to leave game and re-create a new game to get rid of an objective is great and all... but why the fuck should I give up a level 45 Map run because of a junk objective that doesn't benefit me??? Really... what if the Map had +18 EPs and 8% MD and you had to give it up... oh hang on... you go to find players in your level group to help you kill Sneaky... you have to edit your game because you created it with "Guild Only" ticked... you accidentally click Leave Group... well good bye to everything now... oh... and when editing a group you created... the Leave Group button should not exist... you should only have that option like exiting LS.

ETC... personally... treat Sneaky like Four Corners... at least I have fun with my Guardian taking out the first 2 corners solo even though it takes time.
Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Apr 25 2024 05:15am
Its been suggested before but never a response.

Theres something oddly satisying about doing increasing damage to a monster. Even if its 2s and 3s building up to 10k damage over the course of minutes. The progression itself makes the quest feel like a quest. It doesnt make sense to have to bring in a caster to kill it every time.
Gold: 4,557.26
Apr 25 2024 08:48am
Quote (Bob888 @ Apr 25 2024 01:15pm)
Its been suggested before but never a response.

Theres something oddly satisying about doing increasing damage to a monster. Even if its 2s and 3s building up to 10k damage over the course of minutes. The progression itself makes the quest feel like a quest. It doesnt make sense to have to bring in a caster to kill it every time.

I think this would be a good mechanic for sneaky
Gold: 5,773.79
Apr 25 2024 09:37am
Stop complaining about the game. It's perfect and should never change. Guardians suck, stop using them. If you don't like the objective, then skip it. Just stfu already.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll