d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Lf Top Tier Bow Player's Input On My Build
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 170.00
Apr 19 2024 05:46pm
looking for someone with experience of bow builds in the current state of the game to tell me how the fuck can i make my 2mirror worth of gear able to roflstomp t17 back to basic bosses

i think my main issue is ehp. maybe i also need to have a gem swap before the boss room? (im thinking about switching my LA for barrage for boss??? but idk if id need more than just a 1gem swap.... also im running nimis and it bricks barrage so i guess iwould have to swap 2-3gem+nimis before each bosses??? totally would be worth doing, just want to know... i already have a ring swap for nimis and im just not too sure about the links to go with barrage, i cant run a barrage setup+a LA setup because im gemslot starved i already use 1 of my 6l for a frenzy+poc+mark+tornado generating op 6l...

if you pm me i will send you my ninja link so you can have a look... im not kidding when i say i have like 2mirror worth of gear and those t17 maps are just aids, i dont have much issues clearing the whole map up to the boss even in juiced back to basic maps but the bosses man..........i need either more ehp or more dmg or both
Apr 20 2024 06:06pm
up
Apr 20 2024 09:14pm
switched from la to ts and from triple elemental dmg to 75% cold 25% light convert.

lets see if that fix the damage without having to switch a gem for boss (i can still switch ts for barrage before a boss if needed i guess)
Apr 21 2024 02:22am
up
Apr 21 2024 07:06pm
up
Gold: 177,312.00
Apr 22 2024 01:13am
if you got gg gear and currency, check fungun videos on yt

thats his semi mf LA pob:
https://pobb.in/LGap71bhvs2L

if your doing bosses, his advice
"have to be melee range to get the most use out of nimis, but yes +arrows is very important with nimis"
Gold: 0.00
Apr 22 2024 07:55am
get 95% evade chance, spell suppress, 85% all res and phys taken as.
Gold: 2,206.30
Apr 22 2024 08:33am
It is my experience that most "bow builds" require an insane amount of investment to take on the tougher end game content.

Bow builds seem to be difficult to make into "all-rounders" and typically lack in the defense department, relying more on skill and knowledge of boss mechanics to dodge/evade.
Apr 22 2024 11:45am
Quote (pkow @ Apr 22 2024 03:13am)
if you got gg gear and currency, check fungun videos on yt

thats his semi mf LA pob:
https://pobb.in/LGap71bhvs2L

if your doing bosses, his advice
"have to be melee range to get the most use out of nimis, but yes +arrows is very important with nimis"

okso im already very very close to the build of fubgun, exept that im not doing iiq and i have only 2-3mirror of gear instead of 10+mirror (but removing the iiq makes me relatively as strong i think?)

also im not doing the nimis, because i switched to ts/barrage for bosses, its actually MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!, my problem really is not the damage anymore, i got that fixed by switching to TS+omni with helical (crit multi fractured, double atrib+chaos res helical mirorrd with the mirror ring thingy kalandra)

so my damage is 100% sorted rightnow, for exemple i can kill the full abomination or sanctuary bossfights in 10-30sec ez (fortress i havent tried so far since i switched to ts)

my problem is MY EHP!!!! thats 100000% my problem rightnow.... im not very close to 95% evade, i am capped spell supress tho, i do use taste of hate+dying sun so i got 2 resists at like 81% and the rests 75 (including 75 chaos) and i do have progenesis.... i think my issue is that i got litterally only 3500hp.... if i could figure out how to get that to like 4500 i would instantly be alot tankier really .....

my helical rightnow is a 'settle' helical untill i finish getting the 500d for the mirror quiver i need to stop spending on mosst other shit (my ETA for mirror quiver is tonight or tomorrow forsure, im already at 350d or something in scarab/currency/coffins)

how can i get my ehp higher guys????? i switched off from lightning coil to a GG crafted chest with the crafted physical taken as element hybrid thing AND IT ALSO GOT 8% REDUCED PHYSICAL DMG TAKEN ON IT and all, that made me a bit less tanky toward physical dmg but at the same time it increased my dps (or hp i i want) by alot by freeing skillpoints (reservation) etc and honestly the eldritch implicits on rare chests are too good to miss out on (hatred effect+non curse aura effect, i pushed those 2 to 27+20% lol)

Quote (CatGarf @ Apr 22 2024 09:55am)
get 95% evade chance, spell suppress, 85% all res and phys taken as.

how do i get 85% all resists? im using omni to fix my dmg/pen so i cant use the 4-5 max res amu? is there other ways? i mean .... i also need to stay headhunter i cant go mageblood for obvious reasons (this isnt a mageblood build, uses 3/5 unique flasks and im omni)

Quote (bodierox @ Apr 22 2024 10:33am)
It is my experience that most "bow builds" require an insane amount of investment to take on the tougher end game content.

Bow builds seem to be difficult to make into "all-rounders" and typically lack in the defense department, relying more on skill and knowledge of boss mechanics to dodge/evade.

while i completely agree with you here bodie, i switched from la/ele hit to tornado shot and it made it feel alot more 'all rounder' in the fact that now i also have decent single target compared to LA lol but i do agree, its hard to make the number 1 clearspeed build ALSO good at single target lol

do u guys have any input on how to raise my ehp? like i said i got

3500hp

100% supress

74% evade chance without any hh buffs (thats with my jade flask only in hideout, i think hh can give me evasive mods often?)

only got 1100armor tho, idk if using granite instaed of quicksilver would help me at all... i was told granite flask in t17 is total useless? someone told me that the tooltip % mitigation dont work on big hits so a 40% mitigation tooltip might end up being like 5% or less in t17? lol i dont think its worth losing the quicksilver ms for 5% phy mitig)

honestly i think at this point i need to figure out some dps passive nodes to remove for hp nodes... or maybe i need to look at tattoos???? is there hp% or eva % tatoos? or idk? lemme check that rq
Gold: 6,630.00
May 4 2024 08:28pm
I'm not sure how to fix your issue as I'm still a bit new to POE. But I'd suggest checking YouTube or the wiki for how armor works in regards to damage reduction. It's not what you're thinking...
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic