d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Hc Budget Uber Smiter Build?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,829.35
Apr 14 2024 08:47am
Hey,

I'm currently delving into a one to ubers in hc for the first time.

Chosen pally for the playthrough as a fohdin. I'm currently collecting keys and farming gear to take on the ubers.
Just wondered if there's any hardcore based uber smiter super budget build where he wont instantly rip ^^

Cheers.
Gold: 55.26
Apr 14 2024 08:53am
Full Griz set with the runeword black. (well minus the griswold weapon.) Gris helm, armor, shield, (can get dracs/tgod/gore or gtoe, ravenfrost and dwarf) and be plenty to kill ubers. or black+duress+gface+Sac Targe with 4 p diamonds + dracs or Loh (if LoH need life tap wand) + gores/Gtoe. still want raven/dwarf tho either way. but anymore even solid smiter gear is relatively cheap now too so would be ideal to just get a grief. can get a treachery to proc the fade to help with res plus the Damage reduce too. you wont need to worry about ias persay since you're running fanat. I recommend putting a point into conversion because you can turn enemies onto your team and its kinda funny turning a horde on your side for a lil bit)

This post was edited by DabbinDragon91 on Apr 14 2024 08:59am
Gold: 358.00
Apr 14 2024 09:03am
YouTube my dude. Recently did my first ever Ubers HC single player but idk how "budget" you are trying to go. I used heavens light 2x shaels and I specced about 10 extra points to zeal so I could leach, proc lifetap quicker (dracs), and clear mobs without annoying smite knock back. I walked it pretty easily but I did have CTA bo

Pre buff with treachery for sure & wear Tgods

This post was edited by BdizzleD2 on Apr 14 2024 09:06am
Gold: 1,924.60
Apr 15 2024 07:17am
You need any source of Crashing Blow, Open Wounds, Cannot be Frozen and Life Tap, and high Light Res (and Cold Res) vs Meph

Black, 4x Pdia Shield, Draculs, GFace/Giant Skull, and Gore Rider/Goblin Toe are the budget items.

VS Meph, Conviction, or Salvation if you hope your merc survives (every two point to Resist Lightning give you + 1% Light Res)
VS Diablo, anything
VS Baal, ghosts are annoying, either use Sanctuary or equip Azurewrath on a5 merc
Gold: 22,179.60
Apr 15 2024 01:23pm
kira umed or ort rune for light res
shield 3 sox elite shield with high res make sanctuary best possible res 115 or random zaka
armor duress
weapon grief if possible if not then heavens light 2xshael probably good choice
dracul
tg belt
raven ring must
other ring dwarf/ bk or wisp
highlord
high res anni if can or random cheap
goblin or gore boots

use salvation aura vs meph
use bo barb if you can

This post was edited by balint0203 on Apr 15 2024 01:28pm
Gold: 1,829.35
Apr 16 2024 12:42am
Thanks for the input all. I'm playing offline so will be a bit more limited to what equipment I find but have some decent ideas as to what will work. Definitely gonna be exciting stepping into the ring with the Ubers.
Gold: 11,579.00
Apr 16 2024 01:44am
if your gear is limited probably the biggest thing you can get, besides the basics, is a CTA. Life pool is important. and Ist+ohm is not so bad to find, just run trav or chaos.

treachery pre-buff every area, mini ubers and ubers. that phys DR will help you be more flexible on gear and not just auto-die to phys hits. on a budget just always be faded, even if it takes time.

another thing to consider is how are you going to clear the organ zones? if you only have the smiter and no teleport it can be a pain in the ass. its not really feasible to tele staff on swap because you can just get one or two shot in certain areas by phys hits. consider specing a hybrid FOH+Smite build.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll