d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Mortgage Not Withdrawing Monthly Payment
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,547.00
Apr 8 2024 04:58pm
Anyone ever experienced their mortgage co not withdraw $ each month? I pay my mortgage, I get a confirmation email that it is paid, my new balance is updated, and it says I don’t owe another payment for the month. Except this is the 3rd month now they’ve not withdrawn it.

Any self proclaimed nerd lawyers here can chime in as far as the legality of this? Obviously I’m keeping records. I’m just trying to avoid them figuring out what’s going on so they don’t after so many months start insta charging me $10,000 all at once.

This post was edited by Eliminate on Apr 8 2024 05:01pm
Gold: 4,946.71
Apr 8 2024 05:12pm
Don’t think you need a lawyers opinion, you just need to call your bank. Seems like an error on their side but that doesn’t mean you will escape fines and obviously having to pay your mortgage. Would call asap tbh

I had a similar issue with my first property when I did my banking at a larger bank (WF) but a smaller state bank housed the mortgage loan. Would get thank you for your payment but nothing ever went due to what happened to be a routing number error.

Goodluck m8
Trade Moderator
Gold: 7,984.00
Trader: Mediator
Apr 11 2024 05:22am
I had this issue recently with my mortgage through US Bank. Our joint Schwab account was linked for autopay, however on the systems backend it was still hitting my personal Fidelity but displaying the joint account when logged in.

Best bet is to call (ASAP as mentioned above) and check any of your other bank accounts if any to see if the payment is pulling from there. It’ll be caught eventually even if it is an error you’d still responsible for the payments.

Typically, for system glitches they will just waive any fees associated and just add those three months back to the total amount owed.

(Not legal or financial advice, just my personal experience and opinion on the above).
Gold: 40,449.00
Apr 13 2024 09:50pm
Quote (Sn0 @ Apr 11 2024 07:22am)
I had this issue recently with my mortgage through US Bank. Our joint Schwab account was linked for autopay, however on the systems backend it was still hitting my personal Fidelity but displaying the joint account when logged in.

Best bet is to call (ASAP as mentioned above) and check any of your other bank accounts if any to see if the payment is pulling from there. It’ll be caught eventually even if it is an error you’d still responsible for the payments.

Typically, for system glitches they will just waive any fees associated and just add those three months back to the total amount owed.

(Not legal or financial advice, just my personal experience and opinion on the above).

Agreed if you're proactive about it

Haven't had this happen before but it's my new version of nightmares of sleeping through final exams

This post was edited by Wise on Apr 13 2024 09:50pm
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll