d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Wrestlemania 40 Thread
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 217.50
Apr 7 2024 07:36am
Good show last night, I don't want to give any spoilers incase you haven't seen it yet.

Excited for tonight
Gold: 95.00
Apr 7 2024 11:18am
i got like 20 free tickets to wrestle mania one time so i invited a ton of friends and we all got shitfaced before we went and we got there and it was nothing but kids running around jacked on sugar haha def not the best free show i’ve seen
Apr 7 2024 03:20pm
Quote (Arffer @ Apr 7 2024 12:18pm)
i got like 20 free tickets to wrestle mania one time so i invited a ton of friends and we all got shitfaced before we went and we got there and it was nothing but kids running around jacked on sugar haha def not the best free show i’ve seen

This story is as kayfabe as wrestling haha.
Would been the time of my life. Would rock bottomed the kids dad. Told em to shit down and shut up. Raised my beer and toasted w stone cold Steve Austin. Yeah!!!
Gold: 200.00
Apr 7 2024 08:58pm
Lol I had tickets to night 1 this year. Ultimately sold them a few weeks ago, made like $300 profit... was a bit bummed I couldn't go... but the night 1 card was pretty lackluster... besides like 2 matches. But after seeing night 2, night 1 was definitely the night to be at. Other than the *spoiler* taker coming out for 2 seconds...in what should've been Austin , I wasn't really impressed...taker coming out made no sense, cool for sure...but Austin coming out would've been massive. Lol just happy I went to Vinny macs last wrestlemania at 38 and seen stone colds last match. Went to 33 for hardy Boyz return and takers fake retirement too, went to 35 which was decent, but 38 was probably the last great Mania for the old skool fans. Other than not seeing the rock wrestle, I feel like this Mania fell flat..and hated the prime logo in the middle of the ring. Had a solid wrestlemania party at my boys tho, so that was dope.

This post was edited by BillsMafia on Apr 7 2024 08:59pm
Apr 7 2024 09:10pm
Quote (BillsMafia @ Apr 7 2024 09:58pm)
Lol I had tickets to night 1 this year. Ultimately sold them a few weeks ago, made like $300 profit... was a bit bummed I couldn't go... but the night 1 card was pretty lackluster... besides like 2 matches. But after seeing night 2, night 1 was definitely the night to be at. Other than the *spoiler* taker coming out for 2 seconds...in what should've been Austin , I wasn't really impressed...taker coming out made no sense, cool for sure...but Austin coming out would've been massive. Lol just happy I went to Vinny macs last wrestlemania at 38 and seen stone colds last match. Went to 33 for hardy Boyz return and takers fake retirement too, went to 35 which was decent, but 38 was probably the last great Mania for the old skool fans. Other than not seeing the rock wrestle, I feel like this Mania fell flat..and hated the prime logo in the middle of the ring. Had a solid wrestlemania party at my boys tho, so that was dope.

There was a ton of advertising eh lol. But gd I love pro wrestling.

Woo I won't give spoilers yet but WOW
Gold: 13,047.06
Apr 7 2024 10:27pm
I could have gotten tickets to Wrestlemania back in 98 for Austin vs. Michaels but was planning on pirating it through a modded cable box. I ended up going to the Friday presser in front of Boston city hall.

I should have gone.
Apr 8 2024 09:57am
Damien priest cash in on drew was so needed. Was nice twist instead of cashing in on rhodes.

So much change in titles, WWE really trying to showcase everyone, they definitely got that team vibe going on. Cmpunk looks a bit outta place, but he draws a crowd. Good character too, just still different to see him back. It was weird when he grabbed Cody's arm and raised it to celebrate w the rest of them, because punk wasn't showcased VS the bloodline, and even if it was respect, h didn't have to main camera spot it. Regardless good show

Judgment day has title and powers , but will Jealousy stew
Gold: 200.00
Apr 8 2024 10:47am
Quote (Megatroniks @ Apr 8 2024 11:57am)
Damien priest cash in on drew was so needed. Was nice twist instead of cashing in on rhodes.

So much change in titles, WWE really trying to showcase everyone, they definitely got that team vibe going on. Cmpunk looks a bit outta place, but he draws a crowd. Good character too, just still different to see him back. It was weird when he grabbed Cody's arm and raised it to celebrate w the rest of them, because punk wasn't showcased VS the bloodline, and even if it was respect, h didn't have to main camera spot it. Regardless good show

Judgment day has title and powers , but will Jealousy stew

Lol priest and the taker were the only cool parts for night 2 imo, guarantee priest loses it to Drew at clash in the castle in a few months...I thought the event as a whole was just scratching borderline good. Nxt stand and deliver was pretty mehhh and forgettable. I think I was just upset at the lack of surprises from old timers and such, given it was #40. I was waiting for at least backstage one offs of hogan, hbk, etc to have at least some one liners...and Austin should've came out for the rock.
Gold: 39,477.00
Apr 8 2024 10:59am
Quote (Arffer @ Apr 7 2024 09:18am)

Exactly what I imagined a wrestling event to be like LOL
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll