d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Spam Whistle Or Explore The Catatomb?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25,596.66
Mar 29 2024 08:11am
Quote (MitcheIIway @ Mar 29 2024 03:04pm)
what can you find from explore ? i guess my question is , what advantage does explore over whistle

Chest & EP (mini boss)
So basicaly you inscrease highly your chance of finding something
in whistle it's only normal monster
Gold: 7,177.65
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2024 08:21am
Quote (MitcheIIway @ Mar 29 2024 10:04am)
what can you find from explore ? i guess my question is , what advantage does explore over whistle

Whistling restricts you to only fighting normal mobs at your level.

Exploring allows you to find Evil Presences, which are more difficult rare mobs with better drops. Not only does exploring allow you encounter EP's, it enables you to complete Objectives in the game that have unique rewards found here: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=18

Additionally, when you explore you have a chance to find Chests containing loot. Emblems can be found, that provide bonuses to your character's stats for a duration of time. Wells can be found, where you can drag & drop items called Wellables or White items (these are items that have no stats on them) which spawns a boss similar to an Evil Presence, and after killing, it will return your item with stats on it and potentially more items, known as side-drops. When you finish exploring a Catacomb Maze entirely, you are guaranteed to find a Map that has bonuses on it which are additive to a regular Catacomb.

Probably some other things I've glossed over, but you get the gist. There's nothing wrong with Whistling if that is what you enjoy, you'll figure out what is best for you as you play. The important part is doing what you find fun in the game :)

/e: Oh, yeah, forgot to mention. You can also find Trapdoors. Descending, or Falling Down Trapdoors increases the monster's levels from a range of 1-5. Increasing difficulty and increasing reward. If you're like my good friend you'll descend as many as you can, even to your own peril :evil:

This post was edited by JonWon on Mar 29 2024 08:32am
Gold: 22,516.02
Mar 29 2024 11:17am
Quote (JonWon @ Mar 29 2024 04:21am)
Whistling restricts you to only fighting normal mobs at your level.

Exploring allows you to find Evil Presences, which are more difficult rare mobs with better drops. Not only does exploring allow you encounter EP's, it enables you to complete Objectives in the game that have unique rewards found here: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=18

Additionally, when you explore you have a chance to find Chests containing loot. Emblems can be found, that provide bonuses to your character's stats for a duration of time. Wells can be found, where you can drag & drop items called Wellables or White items (these are items that have no stats on them) which spawns a boss similar to an Evil Presence, and after killing, it will return your item with stats on it and potentially more items, known as side-drops. When you finish exploring a Catacomb Maze entirely, you are guaranteed to find a Map that has bonuses on it which are additive to a regular Catacomb.

Probably some other things I've glossed over, but you get the gist. There's nothing wrong with Whistling if that is what you enjoy, you'll figure out what is best for you as you play. The important part is doing what you find fun in the game :)

/e: Oh, yeah, forgot to mention. You can also find Trapdoors. Descending, or Falling Down Trapdoors increases the monster's levels from a range of 1-5. Increasing difficulty and increasing reward. If you're like my good friend ^BWConformity you'll descend as many as you can, even to your own peril :evil:

:hail: :drool:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll