d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Budget Frenzy Barb > D2:R
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2024 11:14pm
So I am planning to make a budget frenzy barb since I just finished my budget FOHDin.
I have some questions as I am not sure what I should do as I am trying to stay on really budget for this barb.
I really like frenzy more then ww and zerker.
With atleast 150+ mf
With that said I would like to make the attacks look cool, So I had questions on this build if anyone had suggestions as I will need to save and trade to get these going
-Equipment-
Helm- GFace w/ptopaz
Armor- Skulders w/ptopaz
Ammy- atmas scarab
Weapon1- Crecent moon sword
Weapon2-lawbringer sword
Gloves- Laying of Hands
Boots-Goblin Toes
Belt-string of ears or Nosferatu's Coil
rings-mana/health leech with ar?
dual spirits for bo
gheeds
Lightning sunder charm

Voice of reason- Maybe instead of lawbringer sword or even Hustle for fanat
But what type of sword should I use for max speed and damage?

I could also potentially put some 2 1 handed swords like lawbringer and hustle on my act 5 merc and I can keep crecent moon and another weapon?

This post was edited by epiphanycloud on Mar 25 2024 11:26pm
Gold: 70.00
Mar 26 2024 04:26am
Oath is far by best budget weapon for this purpose. For CB% Black can be off hand weapon. For better MF IK Helm is solid opinion. SoE is belt what you want to use.
Gold: 141.01
Mar 26 2024 05:51am
Good thoughts on initial post. Some other helpful bits would be
1-where you plan to farm
2-what player setting you plan to farm at

A5 Merc would work for lawbrogner and decrep, freeing up a hand for grief/oath for you. But a2 might with reapers is probably better on paper, especially for higher players settings

I prefer gores over gobs. No frw is, but maybe less bad since while playing you should be at frenzy speed

Lawbringer is nice to bring down enemy phys resis with decrep, but cmoon is not that strong of a compliment, you will want a stronger weapon on that other hand. Maybe it's ok on p1, you'd need to test it out, but on higher player counts you simply don't have enough damage in this build to efficiently take down the last 1/2 HP after static does its thing. Remember static is sexy on a sorc who usually deals 10-50k DMG on another element, once monsters are reduced to 50%hp in hell
Mar 26 2024 09:05am
@MultipleUser1
Oath will be above my budget right now and while it is nice I do want some of the cool on striking affects from a weapon like crecent and are much more budget friendly.
As for the belt, is the string of ears worth it more then losing the ias?
I was thinking going ik helm also but gface was to make up for lack of damage with weapons.

@Tkamp
1.Honestly have not thought about it but was thinking cows as my pally cant do cows.
2.Most likely player 1 or 2

I would like to go oath or grief with crecent moon. But those are abit above my current budget.

I think I could switch to gores(I have gobs right now) so I could test both.

Ahh I see, I wont be doing high players as I dont really play with anyone.
Gold: 50.00
Mar 26 2024 09:46am
2 crescent moons works good with cheap lighting damage charms. doom bringers would be good for physical damage. shafers and non eth lacerators too. if you don't care about repairs, you a lot more unique items to choose from.
Mar 27 2024 01:33pm
I was thinking 2 crescent moons might be too much but I am still thinking of each possibility.
Gold: 1,859.60
Mar 28 2024 04:55am
Quote (epiphanycloud @ Mar 28 2024 04:33am)
I was thinking 2 crescent moons might be too much but I am still thinking of each possibility.

Cows in hell only has 50LR, so 2x CM might work well other than Cow 👑
Mar 28 2024 12:41pm
I was thinking to use a light sundercharm to also hurt their immunities.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll