d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Exercise Is Unhealthy
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,057.12
Warn: 50%
Mar 25 2024 06:33pm
humans are lazy by nature, we sit around as much as possible "in the wild"

decent amount of walking and as little physical exertion as possible, look at aboriginal tribes. they don't move if they don't have to

any sort of exercise creates a stress response and ALL stress responses age you.

i do a couple miles walk a day and maybe 1-2 days a week of light exercise, simply because i enjoy it

dont die at 45, stop using drugs and stop working out
Gold: 0.00
Mar 26 2024 02:37am
Agreed
Gold: 5,248.73
Mar 26 2024 09:54pm
has to be trolling right.

also that works for them, they don't sit on chairs, tables, couches, cars, etc.
their body is build properly, for the right reasons.,

we're lazy, sit on couches, etc, shortened hamstrings, hip abductors etc
Mar 26 2024 10:19pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 26 2024 10:54pm)
has to be trolling right.

also that works for them, they don't sit on chairs, tables, couches, cars, etc.
their body is build properly, for the right reasons.,

we're lazy, sit on couches, etc, shortened hamstrings, hip abductors etc

instead of being a sheep and regurgitating what uve heard your entire life, think about it for yourself and then do some research

stress to organisms causes death. the more you exercise, the more you shorten your life. NONE of the longest lived people on earth exercise in any colloquial sense of the word. they do light-moderate level activity like walking and gardening. blue zones did a large research project on this. NO cultures with the most centenarians have exercise routines. they eat well, they relax, they make time for socialization, friends, and family, and they do low level organic activity. they don't jack their heart rate to 200, they dont lift weights.

you know if you workout too hard you will pass out? thats your body telling you it doesnt like what youre doing, lol.

anything you do that isnt intuitive is bad. animals don't act against their instinct. fasting bad. working out bad. shunting your sleep cycle to work at 6 am bad. ETC.
Mar 26 2024 10:29pm
Quote (hoipolloi @ Mar 26 2024 10:19pm)
instead of being a sheep and regurgitating what uve heard your entire life, think about it for yourself and then do some research

stress to organisms causes death. the more you exercise, the more you shorten your life. NONE of the longest lived people on earth exercise in any colloquial sense of the word. they do light-moderate level activity like walking and gardening. blue zones did a large research project on this. NO cultures with the most centenarians have exercise routines. they eat well, they relax, they make time for socialization, friends, and family, and they do low level organic activity. they don't jack their heart rate to 200, they dont lift weights.

you know if you workout too hard you will pass out? thats your body telling you it doesnt like what youre doing, lol.

anything you do that isnt intuitive is bad. animals don't act against their instinct. fasting bad. working out bad. shunting your sleep cycle to work at 6 am bad. ETC.

you are trolling.

edit:

I don't want to live forever, but I do want to live healthy until I die.
there is NUMEROUS amounts of scientific data showing exercising into your later years prolongs your LONGEVITY, health, lifestyle etc.

dont be a muppet.

This post was edited by Tear on Mar 26 2024 10:32pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 27 2024 02:37am
Quote (Tear @ Mar 27 2024 12:29am)
you are trolling.

edit:

there is NUMEROUS amounts of scientific data showing exercising into your later years prolongs your LONGEVITY, health, lifestyle etc.

dont be a muppet.

This dudes been trolling for years. Either that or he’s hit every tism branch while falling down the proverbial genetic tree
Mar 27 2024 10:25am
Quote (Tear @ Mar 26 2024 11:29pm)
you are trolling.

edit:

dont be a muppet.

you are confusing activity with exercise

going on a 2 mile walk in the sunlight with your family at the park- healthy

doing HIIT on the tradmil 4 times a week and lifting man made metal - not healthy
Mar 27 2024 10:31am
Quote (hoipolloi @ Mar 27 2024 10:25am)
you are confusing activity with exercise

going on a 2 mile walk in the sunlight with your family at the park- healthy

doing HIIT on the tradmil 4 times a week and lifting man made metal - not healthy

You refer to us as we were designed, hunter and gatherers.

Not a day went by where someone wasn’t hunting or gathering. Much more physically active than a walk.

Not to mention the sports our ancestors played for fun.

You’re off the mark here man, too much science refutes your claims lol. I do agree partially that someone who does moderate exercise 3-4x a week, some weight lifting, some cardio, some stretching will probably have a healthier later lifestyle than your power lifters, CrossFit athletes, bodybuilders.

But we also have a 5000x fold increase in technology and understanding, we can recover easier, we know the muscular system far better than anyone before, we have aids like trt and hgh to promote recovery etc.

You need weight training especially after the age of 40, to maintain your tendon strength and bone density. It’s been proven like irrefutably proven that’s a must if you want to be moving in your later years.
Mar 27 2024 11:47am
Quote (Tear @ Mar 27 2024 11:31am)
You refer to us as we were designed, hunter and gatherers.

Not a day went by where someone wasn’t hunting or gathering. Much more physically active than a walk.

Not to mention the sports our ancestors played for fun.

You’re off the mark here man, too much science refutes your claims lol. I do agree partially that someone who does moderate exercise 3-4x a week, some weight lifting, some cardio, some stretching will probably have a healthier later lifestyle than your power lifters, CrossFit athletes, bodybuilders.

But we also have a 5000x fold increase in technology and understanding, we can recover easier, we know the muscular system far better than anyone before, we have aids like trt and hgh to promote recovery etc.

You need weight training especially after the age of 40, to maintain your tendon strength and bone density. It’s been proven like irrefutably proven that’s a must if you want to be moving in your later years.

what do you think is involved in hunting and gathering ? we weren't sprinting after stuff. we were walking and stalking. You are too indoctrinated and biased by modern civilization. an ancestral human wouldn't have had the concept of "exercise" and would've deliberately done as little physical activity as possible.

and if we need to weight train into our older years why do all the people who live the longest not weight train ? lol

go find me the 80 90 and 100 year olds who are lifting weights

you don't even need to know anything about the research to know you're wrong , simply based on personal observation. people live to 80, 90, 100 and don't lift weights. so clearly weight lifting isnt a good metric for old age. IF what you were saying was true all the 80+ year olds we see would be exercising. we dont see it though. and if they do, its walking or staying active in very low intensity ways like gardening.

you're just wrong bro. all stress = damages the body = shorten life span

you can use the word "aging" in place of "stress" and be 99.9% accurate. what stresses us ages us. period.

if you don't want to do it, it isn't natural.

no person living 50,000 years ago would intentionally lift a weight up for no reason. And the extent to which they had to lift weights "naturally" was 1) WAY less intensive. and 2) WAY less frequent. and 3) WAY less volume

when they did it they did less volume, with less intensity, and they did it less frequently

you are "citing" a bunch of modern studies and ignoring the fact that they have also studied the longest lived people, And They Don't Exercise

what i'm talking about is living longer- and the closest thing we have to that is actually studying the people who live the longest. and they don't exercise. and you're coming in and saying yeah but exercise does this and this and this. idc. it clearly doesn't have the importance you think it does

walking a couple miles a day and raking some leaves for 20 minutes is better for you than all the time you spend in the gym.

NO ONE in nature goes to failure. half of you guys try to do it 5 days a week multiple times a day.
Mar 27 2024 07:15pm
Quote (hoipolloi @ Mar 27 2024 11:47am)
what do you think is involved in hunting and gathering ? we weren't sprinting after stuff. we were walking and stalking. You are too indoctrinated and biased by modern civilization. an ancestral human wouldn't have had the concept of "exercise" and would've deliberately done as little physical activity as possible.

and if we need to weight train into our older years why do all the people who live the longest not weight train ? lol

go find me the 80 90 and 100 year olds who are lifting weights

you don't even need to know anything about the research to know you're wrong , simply based on personal observation. people live to 80, 90, 100 and don't lift weights. so clearly weight lifting isnt a good metric for old age. IF what you were saying was true all the 80+ year olds we see would be exercising. we dont see it though. and if they do, its walking or staying active in very low intensity ways like gardening.

you're just wrong bro. all stress = damages the body = shorten life span

you can use the word "aging" in place of "stress" and be 99.9% accurate. what stresses us ages us. period.

if you don't want to do it, it isn't natural.

no person living 50,000 years ago would intentionally lift a weight up for no reason. And the extent to which they had to lift weights "naturally" was 1) WAY less intensive. and 2) WAY less frequent. and 3) WAY less volume

when they did it they did less volume, with less intensity, and they did it less frequently

you are "citing" a bunch of modern studies and ignoring the fact that they have also studied the longest lived people, And They Don't Exercise

what i'm talking about is living longer- and the closest thing we have to that is actually studying the people who live the longest. and they don't exercise. and you're coming in and saying yeah but exercise does this and this and this. idc. it clearly doesn't have the importance you think it does

walking a couple miles a day and raking some leaves for 20 minutes is better for you than all the time you spend in the gym.

NO ONE in nature goes to failure. half of you guys try to do it 5 days a week multiple times a day.

I can tell you’ve never done hard manual labour lol.
It’s more of a workout than anything in the gym, and it’s been done for thousands of years, whether it’s farming, building etc.

Also, most indigenous tribes do run and sprint long distances (longer than the animals they hunt, they tire them out then kill them)

And if you just look at the over 70+ track and field athletes. They’re all exceptional moving humans that live well into their 90’s, not only live, but can move better than 99% of their counter parts.

You’re just trying to justify being lazy. It’s okay.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll