d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Changes To D4
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 31,363.00
Mar 21 2024 12:55pm
Sir, this is a wendys forum. But since we are talking: how did you enjoy the new Sims video game?

wth - who cares about d4?
Gold: 1,016.14
Mar 21 2024 01:27pm
i might try the next fresh season to see how I like the changes.

so far the best the game has been in terms of gameplay was the first week or so before they decided everyone should have to wait on long cooldowns all the time.

season 1 was boring and full of bugs/exploits surrounding the seasonal content.

season 2 was more fun in terms of the seasonal content and vampric powers added some flavor to the game but it was still boring in terms of the endgame content and itemization. after doing a million of duriels and t100 dungeons leveling glyphs i kinda lost interest. i came back later in season to try the abattoir or zhir update that blizzard was so proud of and it did absolutely nothing for me.

i was thinking about giving season 3 a try but after watching a couple streams and youtube videos i decided to pass on it because i could tell the endgame wouldn't hold my interest. i feel like the next upcoming season is kind of their last chance in terms of salvaging any credibility for the franchise. it will be interesting to see how season 4 fares while competing with last epoch and the release of poe 2 rapidly approaching.
Gold: 49,000.00
Mar 21 2024 01:28pm
minor qol changes they said
no
Gold: 815.00
Mar 21 2024 02:45pm
Quote (MoXeR @ Mar 21 2024 03:28pm)
minor qol changes they said
no

Tell me youre the devil without telling me.
Gold: 40,000.00
Mar 21 2024 03:33pm
Nothing will save d4, just move on bros
Gold: 215,303.01
Mar 21 2024 03:58pm
D3 took like 7 years to become a mediocre game. So you will likely be waiting for a while for it to become mediocre/passable, and it won't ever be as good as D2. Too shallow. It might be good for a console game or something you can play with 'your gf that doesn't play video games'. Its been almost a year and they're only finally starting to fix the itemization supposedly. D4's itemization just looks the same as D3's when it launched(but with affix vomit) that nobody liked. I wouldn't waste my time with it. This sort of game isn't going to give you the same feeling as finding a HR/JMOD/anything super rare in D2(not even going to comment on PVP). If you have sunk cost fallacy(spent like $70 for a game that should have been $20 or less) and are looking to get more out of it, you're in for a rough ride.

You should move on and learn from it since the lessons were made pretty clear if you bought D3.

They will continue supporting D4 since outside of WoW as just about all of their projects other have plateaued or died and they definitely intended to make alot of money on D4 as a live service so its got that going for it.

This post was edited by FORt-HOBO on Mar 21 2024 04:04pm
Mar 21 2024 04:07pm
Quote (dannywanghere @ Mar 21 2024 02:53pm)
I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I will definitely try it and give it a chance. This is objectively a major overhaul and is taking many ideas from PoE/Last Epoch with item customization.

Hate it if it's bad and not fun for you IMO. It's silly to dismiss things without trying them or even knowing how they work

I also think many people here underestimate D3 and how much better it got in the last few patches. The game had issues earlier on but it's current state is actually quite good and many builds are viable.

You didn't need to try D4 to know it would be bad, only to confirm it

The items(and just general itemization) said "Playthrough the campaign once and that's all you'll really get out of it" all over it. And its for a primarily PVM game, so if the items suck, why are you grinding? Saying you need to try something to be sure just hands your money away to people who don't really deserve it. That's how people got suckered in with buying D4 in the first place - alot of people told themselves exactly what you said and got burned badly

I don't think people should drop $70 on a game that takes years to become passable/ barely good

This post was edited by FORt-HOBO on Mar 21 2024 04:10pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 21 2024 04:56pm
Quote (FORt-HOBO @ Mar 21 2024 03:07pm)
You didn't need to try D4 to know it would be bad, only to confirm it

The items(and just general itemization) said "Playthrough the campaign once and that's all you'll really get out of it" all over it. And its for a primarily PVM game, so if the items suck, why are you grinding? Saying you need to try something to be sure just hands your money away to people who don't really deserve it. That's how people got suckered in with buying D4 in the first place - alot of people told themselves exactly what you said and got burned badly

I don't think people should drop $70 on a game that takes years to become passable/ barely good

I don't know how much financial stress people are under, but $70 is no big deal if you're getting 30-40 hours of gameplay for a PVE campaign. Saying people got "burned" is a hilariously exaggerated claim. Almost everyone here already bought D4 and simply quit after the campaign, so if you're in this boat then it costs you nothing to try season 4 for a couple hours to see if you like it. It's not like D2R is so incredibly engaging that you can't miss 1 day of grinding.

Also, have you ever played a single player game? Final fantasy, Mario games, Zelda, etc? Hundreds of millions of people are happy to spend $60-70 on a game with 30-40 hours (or even 8-10 hours or less, for action games) of gameplay that you never touch again.

If you want to say "burned" then look at things like apple vision pro where you spend $4000 to watch YouTube a couple times before forgetting it exists
Gold: 10,278.69
Trader: Trusted
Mar 21 2024 05:00pm
I will most likely give it a go for season 4, haven't played since season 2 but a lot of these changes seem pretty good. A much needed overhaul, we'll see how it works out.
Mar 21 2024 05:03pm
Quote (dannywanghere @ Mar 21 2024 06:56pm)
I don't know how much financial stress people are under, but $70 is no big deal if you're getting 30-40 hours of gameplay for a PVE campaign. Saying people got "burned" is a hilariously exaggerated claim. Almost everyone here already bought D4 and simply quit after the campaign, so if you're in this boat then it costs you nothing to try season 4 for a couple hours to see if you like it. It's not like D2R is so incredibly engaging that you can't miss 1 day of grinding.

Also, have you ever played a single player game? Final fantasy, Mario games, Zelda, etc? Hundreds of millions of people are happy to spend $60-70 on a game with 30-40 hours (or even 8-10 hours or less, for action games) of gameplay that you never touch again.

If you want to say "burned" then look at things like apple vision pro where you spend $4000 to watch YouTube a couple times before forgetting it exists

I mean, i'll just give you a better sense of what i mean by burned. Not only did you overpay in this case massively(lets be real here ARPG gameplay isn't exactly fantastic, its incredibly simplistic that is in part held together by dopamine hits related to finding upgrades and facilitating progress) which nobody likes doing, anyone who for some reason thought D4 would have anything resembling D2, or even be as good as d3, was deeply disappointed with something that clearly isn't going to get a whole lot better in the forseeable future. You can always say $70 isn't alot, which is true for most people, but nobody wants buy a ber rune for like 5x its worth or find out they massively overpaid for it. Especially when its meant to be a sucessor to one of the most anticipated game franchises and with D3's pretty dismal progression. You're waiting years for something to become good(would argue its game DNA prevents it from ever getting there) when you could have bought like 2-3 games that are just straight up better.

The other games, especially single player games, tend to have way better story, way better game play, last longer, where ARPGS and MMos tend to deliver a slow burn over time. If you're playing D4 for the story you could have bought like any of the $15-20 other arpgs just for the story and they'd be fine. You could buy torchlight 1 and have a similar experience. If you had to pick between D4 and skyrim on sale, you should pick skyrim, even if D4 was $20.

None of this matters though. Blizzard's marketing team is top tier and managed to sell this game and they got people's money. Best people can do is hope and wait for it to become good.

This post was edited by FORt-HOBO on Mar 21 2024 05:12pm
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll