d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Bud Spencer And Terence Hill Movies
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Mar 16 2024 08:14am
These two have made some hilarious movies. Bud spencer, real name Carlo Pedersoli, is the most famous, and has made many funny movies on his own. I haven't seen so many of Terence Hill, real name Mario Girotti, but he has also made a lot on his own. The genre is generally slapstick comedy, meaning they are brought together by fate and beating up bad guys, and many of the fighting scenes are funny as hell ^^

They've made movies since the 70's and up through the 90's, so the movies have that good old comedy style to them. The dialogue is very subtle, so one has to pay attention to get the story.

Many of the movies have subtle and very strange references to other famous movie genres, such as James Bond, Karate Kid and so on ^^

I will here rate 10 of the best ones, of both, and those of Bud Spencer's own ones. It's hard to rate them from 1 to 10, because most of the movies have a lot of weird and funny situations, which sometimes top each other. I recommend watching all 10 ^^ The acting is cheesy, corny and strange, but watching them with an open mind, makes for some very funny situations ^^

1) They call him Bulldozer.

My favourite movie of them all, only Bud Spencer in this one. One of the best fighting scenes in any movie i've seen is in this one, you'll know it when you see it ^^ It is high on the list of my greatest movies as well.

2) My name is Trinity.

Their most famous movie, and it's a great one too. Both actors are performing great, and i've never seen Hill this good in any other movie.

3) Go for it.

Probably the most USA-friendly movie, where they perform as underhanded secret agents in Miami. So many corny twists and turns, funny scenes, and with a great and classic fighting scene in the beginning of the movie as well ^^

4) I'm for the hippopotamus.

Here they act as freelancers in South Africa, getting involved with a crime boss. Bud Spencer's fightin in this one is probably on his top 3 list of all his movies, you would never believe to see such a huge overweight guy move so fast ^^ And probably his biggest opponent and fight in this one too.

5) Crime busters + Miami supercops.

Mentioning the two movies, since they perform as the same types of characters, although Crime Busters is where they become police agents. Both very funny movies, with lots of great fighting scenes, and some hilarious villains and side characters ^^
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Mar 16 2024 08:20am
6) Double trouble.

In this one they are in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, where they are discovered by USA government agents, to perform as doubles for two very rich people who has gotten in a lot of trouble with criminals. They fix the trouble in the customary fashion, with their fists and wits, and this also has one of the best fighting scenes with Bud Spencer i have seen ^^ He is more overweight than usual here, but moves just as fast as he usually do ^^ Absolutely hilarious!

7) Odds and evens.

Here they are brought together by fate. Bud being a happy truck driver, Hill is a government agent with many talents, tasked to bring down a criminal gambling gang, and after seeing Spencer using his fists on them after being harassed, he chooses to use him as a helping hand. But it turns out he also is his brother. A gambling themed movie, it has some funny scenes and lots of smackdowns ^^

8) Aladdin/Superfantagenio.

A Bud Spencer solo movie. To me, it has a very funny and distinct style. The sidekick here is a young boy i have never seen in any other movie, obviously based on Karate Kid, since he looks slightly like him, and has a fighting scene where he uses karate. Many hilarious moments, some very cheesy ones too, which just adds to the absurd hilariousness ^^

9) Flatfood in Italy/Piedone lo sbirro

Another Bud spencer solo movie. Most people would probably rate this higher on the list, and it should be too. It is a great crime movie on it's own, and one of four "Piedone"-movies. I have only seen this, since the others have only Italian voices. It is very good, Spencer fights great, it also has a great story.

10) Watch out, we're mad.

Doesn't say where it's situated, but it seems obvious it is in Italy somewhere. An English crooked criminal boss (with his crazy German psychologist sidekick) is determined to shut down a local tivoli area and build a skyscraper there, using dirty tactics. Bud and Hill are dragged into it when their dune buggy is totaled by the gang members. This one has some very hilarious acting and situations, also by the gang boss, which has several temper tantrums ^^ And the end fight scene has a very spectacular car driving scenes inside a restaurant, totaling the place ^^ The only reason i put this at the end of the list, is because of the music, which is a drag down.

Bonus mention: Bud Spencer has made his two different own crime series, named "Big Man", and "Extralarge". I have seen through them, and they are not as promising as the movies. One of them has a great fighting scene, with his biggest opponent of all his movies and series, which i have uploaded on youtube, and it's worth watching ^^ With some of the coolest and most catchy music i've heard in a fighting scene too ^^

Bud Spencer's biggest opponent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfhmPI2qZBA
Gold: 8,742.98
Mar 17 2024 06:04am
Hmm,

Crushing coconuts barehanded, slapping the face of a gunslinger while drawing and putting it back in the holster, going from Toronto to Mexico and letting the horse show the way while being dragged along at the back while in your Long Johns.

Hmm... "Supercop" does not have Bud spencer acting in it, it is Terence Hill... and the names got changed because of blah. I have to look up some of these titles, considering I am a Terence Hill & Bud Spencer fan... and also watched a LOT of their movies.

Nice to see someone else bring them up, also remember these type of movies were brought about by others, Laurel & Hardy for example (most recognised) there were another 2 in my time... and low and behold, I can not remember them at this moment... they are on the tip of my tongue, or in my head, but I can not type it out... I know they came out publicly after Laurel & Hardy... again, one was larger and the other one skinny ... grrr... hate myself at the moment for not remembering. :lol:

Anyway thanks for Terence and Bud.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll