d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Landlord Rights
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 15 2024 06:20pm
Quote (umeshieee @ Mar 15 2024 07:07pm)
Heard about these issues. Just curious, but don't prior evictions come up on the background checks? I am assuming that once the guy is evicted... he is gonna have a hard time finding people that will rent to him. Most commercial rental properties in the US always require a thorough background check and a solid proof of income.

A push in some cities is to ban landlords from being able to search up criminal history background checks on renters. San Francisco and Alameda County have it as a law for example. The far-left is even trying to legislate that on a federal level, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley introduced a bill to do just that- preventing background checks for renters, and restricting background checks for other services and hiding felonies after 7 years / redacting other information.
Its not just to prevent landlords from screening out those with prior evictions and arrests related to land use, but also stops them from screening out gang members, drug addicts, murderers, pedophiles, etc. Many landlords had legal clauses in their leases that prevent felons or violent felons from moving in, and much of California is moving to make that illegal.
Gold: 500.00
Mar 15 2024 08:23pm
Quote (umeshieee @ Mar 15 2024 08:07pm)
Heard about these issues. Just curious, but don't prior evictions come up on the background checks? I am assuming that once the guy is evicted... he is gonna have a hard time finding people that will rent to him. Most commercial rental properties in the US always require a thorough background check and a solid proof of income.

While there are court records, the issue is that landlords aren't permitted to maintain a database of deadbeats.
Gold: 1.69
Mar 16 2024 12:45am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ 15 Mar 2024 15:45)
Oh the poor landlords getting burned in their bad investment management. The misery. I don't think society needs to go out of their way to protect these poor suffering investors, we just need to go back to enforcing basic property rights. Crazy Western nations have gone this long with goofy property rights enforcement, it's anti-western fundamentally.

I do feel for the little land lords, May thru Feb. I know I'd have invented some circumstances to get them out sooner.

You see the squatters in those Hollywood mansions rofl

You sound super ignorant of what it takes to invest
Gold: 5.00
Mar 16 2024 06:30am
Quote (Ryvulet @ Mar 16 2024 01:45am)
You sound super ignorant of what it takes to invest

You a landlord?
Gold: 2,420.00
Mar 16 2024 07:45am
They deserve it
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12