d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Uber Smiter Build Best Survivability > D2:R
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,732.10
Mar 19 2024 06:48am
Quote (Dolphy @ Mar 19 2024 09:37pm)
he wants to do chill ubers without dying and your suggestion is to wear a trashy pdia shield and lw?

well, hope you read what I wrote for once. That's not what I wrote.
Gold: 4,080.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 19 2024 07:14am
Quote (di3tc0ke @ Mar 19 2024 01:48pm)
well, hope you read what I wrote for once. That's not what I wrote.

you think LW is a good weapon option because it allows you to swap out guillaume for something vastly inferior. okay?

lw has nothing going for it. it reduces your damage by an incredible amount and gives you nothing valuable in return. that's not arguable
Mar 19 2024 07:18am
Quote (Dolphy @ Mar 19 2024 10:14pm)
you think LW is a good weapon option because it allows you to swap out guillaume for something vastly inferior. okay?

lw has nothing going for it. it reduces your damage by an incredible amount and gives you nothing valuable in return. that's not arguable

I respect your opinion, and I hope you learn how to read what others write. That's all. Ty for your opinion.
Gold: 2,009.99
Mar 19 2024 07:54am
Quote (di3tc0ke @ Mar 19 2024 08:18am)
I respect your opinion, and I hope you learn how to read what others write. That's all. Ty for your opinion.

I don’t respect your opinion because you’re giving terrible advise. OP asked if Dracs is enough or if he should use exile. Dracs is enough, however if you want overkill, sure, use exile. Gface is optimal, Kiras is trash. You don’t need the OW from Gores when you get it from Dracs.
Gold: 110.00
Mar 19 2024 07:54am
Quote (di3tc0ke @ Mar 19 2024 03:18pm)

I think it’s more about fact than an opinion.
Mar 19 2024 08:26am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Mar 19 2024 10:54pm)
I don’t respect your opinion because you’re giving terrible advise. OP asked if Dracs is enough or if he should use exile. Dracs is enough, however if you want overkill, sure, use exile. Gface is optimal, Kiras is trash. You don’t need the OW from Gores when you get it from Dracs.

Let's see what your suggestion:

Dracs is more than enough

Gface 15 ias jewel
Hlords
Grief pb
Fort
Hoz P diamond
Dracs
String
Raven
Wisp / dwarf
Gtoes

This is your advice on Uber Smiter Build Best Survivability? Really?

Tgods > Wisp vs Uber meph
Treachery > Fort, if you use Grief PB, also with Treachery you don't have to use Highlord's. What does Highlord's offer vs Uber Diablo/Baal? Rising Sun offers better Survivability vs Fire for example.
a couple of options > GFace

I respect your opinion though.
Mar 19 2024 08:47am
Quote (di3tc0ke @ Mar 19 2024 09:26am)
Let's see what your suggestion:

This is your advice on Uber Smiter Build Best Survivability? Really?

Tgods > Wisp vs Uber meph
Treachery > Fort, if you use Grief PB, also with Treachery you don't have to use Highlord's. What does Highlord's offer vs Uber Diablo/Baal? Rising Sun offers better Survivability vs Fire for example.
a couple of options > GFace

I respect your opinion though.

I see you have absolutely no idea how to actually build an Uber pally, so I guess I’ll have to spoon-feed you this very basic information.

Uber Smiters only have 3 skills to max, smite/fanatism/holy shield, so they have an abundance of skills leftover to utilize. This allows you to dump 20 points into lightning resist, as every 2 hard points into it grants you a passive resistance of 1. 20 / 2 = 10. So you get a passive +10 lite resistance, which bumps your on-screen resistance from 75 to 85. So, TGODS isn’t necessarily when you can simply throw a wisp on.

Treachery is a nice budget option, as it grants you a level
15 fade, which translate to 15% DR, 60 all res, & 45 IAS, however Fort is objectively better. You get 15% DR from String, & you don’t need the ias, so all it’s really giving you is resistance. However I’ll take 300% E/D, 30 res, 5% max lite res, etc over an extra 30 all resistance from Treachery.

Using a Gface with a 15 IAS jewel + Highlords allows you to utilize the lite res aura if you struggle with Mephisto, while still hitting the ias breakpoint. Not to mention the 30 CB, 1 to all skills, & 35 lite res you get from the combo.

I don’t respect your opinion. Stop giving terrible advice.
Mar 19 2024 09:07am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Mar 19 2024 11:47pm)
I see you have absolutely no idea how to actually build an Uber pally, so I guess I’ll have to spoon-feed you this very basic information.

Uber Smiters only have 3 skills to max, smite/fanatism/holy shield, so they have an abundance of skills leftover to utilize. This allows you to dump 20 points into lightning resist, as every 2 hard points into it grants you a passive resistance of 1. 20 / 2 = 10. So you get a passive +10 lite resistance, which bumps your on-screen resistance from 75 to 85. So, TGODS isn’t necessarily when you can simply throw a wisp on.

Treachery is a nice budget option, as it grants you a level
15 fade, which translate to 15% DR, 60 all res, & 45 IAS, however Fort is objectively better. You get 15% DR from String, & you don’t need the ias, so all it’s really giving you is resistance. However I’ll take 300% E/D, 30 res, 5% max lite res, etc over an extra 30 all resistance from Treachery.

Using a Gface with a 15 IAS jewel + Highlords allows you to utilize the lite res aura if you struggle with Mephisto, while still hitting the ias breakpoint. Not to mention the 30 CB, 1 to all skills, & 35 lite res you get from the combo.

I don’t respect your opinion. Stop giving terrible advice.

I respect your opinion, as I always put only 1 point into smite. As I wrote somewhere, 4x Pdia shield, dracs, gore and some cb from any weapon are enough to me. Skill wise, I either max Conviction or put 1pt to Salvation depending on builds.

You said you don't need the ias from Treachery, but you also can say the other way round, you don't need Highlord's and IAS jewel if you use Treachery. As you don't need IAS and LR from Highlord's, then it only offers +1 skill. In that case, Mara for another + skill, or Rising Sun vs fire is better. And you can put a Ber in Gface instead of IAS jewel, or even Pruby is good for survivability.
Mar 19 2024 09:44am
Quote (di3tc0ke @ Mar 19 2024 10:07am)
I respect your opinion, as I always put only 1 point into smite. As I wrote somewhere, 4x Pdia shield, dracs, gore and some cb from any weapon are enough to me. Skill wise, I either max Conviction or put 1pt to Salvation depending on builds.

You said you don't need the ias from Treachery, but you also can say the other way round, you don't need Highlord's and IAS jewel if you use Treachery. As you don't need IAS and LR from Highlord's, then it only offers +1 skill. In that case, Mara for another + skill, or Rising Sun vs fire is better. And you can put a Ber in Gface instead of IAS jewel, or even Pruby is good for survivability.

By using Treachery you’re losing 300% enhanced damage, 30 all resistance, & 5% max lightning resistance to only gain 30 all resistance. That’s a terrible trade-off.
Mar 19 2024 03:49pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Mar 20 2024 12:44am)
By using Treachery you’re losing 300% enhanced damage, 30 all resistance, & 5% max lightning resistance to only gain 30 all resistance. That’s a terrible trade-off.

I know you want to ignore the most important part of Treachery on purpose - 45 IAS. And let me tell you lvl 15 Fade not only gives @60 res, but also 15% DR. With Treachery on, you don't need Highlord's and IAS Jewel anymore. As you think SoE is mainly for 15%, then you can swap it with other belts. Thx to Treachery, you already free up ammy, jewel and belt. What an improvement!

BTW, I wonder why you struggle with Uber Meph.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll