d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Objectives Need To Change
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,882.63
Mar 13 2024 10:35pm
Current "Objectives" need to change for their "requirements" and the "% chance" that they MAY spawn in a Catacomb (even those restricted while exploring Maps). I made suggestion about this years ago, to help all Play Styles (solo / group):

#1: Increase the % chance to spawn that Objective when you have met the level requirement.
#2: Increase the # of Objectives from 3 max to 5 max as long as you have met the level requirement(s)
#3: Settings: Select the objectives you want to complete. (Now this is more Solo, however Group can ignore Face the Evil which does NOT alter any other objectives at higher level requirements etc)
#4: Change the mechanics and/or restrictions for solo players to spawn Group ONLY objectives. example below based on how Bits n Pieces work and a Solo player can complete 7 Shamans:
... : 7 Shamans Objective while solo'ing. Combine coding of Bits N Pieces (waves 5 if not less) & Pinch of Evil (solo & /set easy 0) to have a minimum of 3 Evil Presence coding. So this is what could (OPT: COULD) happen... you encounter 7 shamans (solo), you have to kill off the first 3, and using coding for Bits n pieces or Swarm, another 3 will appear, and after killing those 3... and then only 1 shaman remains... and then you get this objective when you killed the last one... simple... the coding is still there to make this happen... this could also be the same for Face the Evil if by chance it activates... 3 waves of 3 EPs (9 total) to complete FtE Objective.

Okay... I have suggested all of the above before... they are do-able. So here is a different concept.

#5: Bare with me here:

Now the Master Quest Tower does NOT appear until you have reached the required level to complete it right??? So... based on that, how about having the same thing happen for Objectives ... Say an "Objective Tower" will appear when you are level 15 to be able to complete say Treasure Pest or Soften the Sneaky Shell or what not... it disappears when you have completed it, and re-emerges for the next Objective(s) you or your group want to complete???

This idea does help Group Players and Solo players and also having fun playing Ladder Slasher... I am sick and tired of getting to like level 60 and not even completed Treasure Pest or Sneaky (which I ignore from previous updates) ... it isn't fun... also ... New Players that are automatically set to /set easy 1, can enter the "Objective Tower" and complete say "Pinch of Evil" @ level 6+

Not really sorry about the Wall of Text... but only those interested will take the time to read and vote without judgement. :D

EDIT: I voted "I choose #(s)?" 4 & 5

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Mar 13 2024 10:36pm
Gold: 14,906.77
Mar 14 2024 02:42pm
+1 all of these.

#2 - It shouldn't have a cap in the first place IMO. Who is the cap helping.

#5 - Feel like this essentially can fix 1-4 depending on implementation. Not that we're likely to get this, but yeah.

Objectives as a whole need jesus.

Sneaky makes me want to quit. How DF he takes me 1+hour of offcasting and w/o death-farming how do I justify this time. Groups are dead, Sneaky should be too.

DEATH TO SNEAKY!
/rant

(literally been fighting him for an hour now, offcasting w/ a lvl 55 100%EE charm)
Mar 14 2024 04:13pm
Quote (Tonst3r @ 15 Mar 2024 09:42)
+1 all of these.

#2 - It shouldn't have a cap in the first place IMO. Who is the cap helping.

#5 - Feel like this essentially can fix 1-4 depending on implementation. Not that we're likely to get this, but yeah.

Objectives as a whole need jesus.

Sneaky makes me want to quit. How DF he takes me 1+hour of offcasting and w/o death-farming how do I justify this time. Groups are dead, Sneaky should be too.

DEATH TO SNEAKY!
/rant

(literally been fighting him for an hour now, offcasting w/ a lvl 55 100%EE charm)

Thanks for input.

I should have worded my post properly... #5 is the suggestion... #1 - #4 I had made those suggestions years ago. Sorry about the confusion.

OH... here is a tip if you did not already know... you can ignore Sneaky and make a new game and that objective won't appear in your next catacomb ... it was an update... it effects every Objective... if you encounter an objective, you can exit to town, and leave game, make a group and that objective will be removed, you get no rewards though.
Apr 4 2024 09:49pm
:bouncy:
Apr 5 2024 09:12pm
Looks like I am not the only one that doesn't get Treasure Pest to spawn until too late.

This thread in "Catacombs" : https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=103689385&f=274

Title: Treasure Pest

Quote:

Quote (IndyIndyGaming @ 6 Apr 2024 13:46)
I have one at lvl 70 on HC. Anyone able to help?

________

Glad this player got to complete it, but it isn't fun to get this near Master Quest level.
Gold: 8,671.86
Apr 5 2024 10:53pm
Not sure but been doing maps all way and I get a lot of objectives completed more seems like each map...Then just doing cata with chance at td =trap door.. Seems there is a percent of catacombs completion needed to spawn them?
Apr 6 2024 02:06am
Quote (doomchaser @ 6 Apr 2024 17:53)
Not sure but been doing maps all way and I get a lot of objectives completed more seems like each map...Then just doing cata with chance at td =trap door.. Seems there is a percent of catacombs completion needed to spawn them?

There is an old method to spawn two(2) objectives early by exploring level 5 Maps and using /set easy 1 ... the 2 objectives are either Sneaky or Treasure Pest before reaching level 30 (level 5 map max monster cap). This method was discovered like years ago, and it is mentioned in the "Events" thread ... not joking, only thing is... having the patience to go back through the pages to verify it.

As for other objectives... Map influence etc... I am not sure... also, there are certain Objectives that can NEVER be completed in a Map ... like Mirror Maze for example.

Requirements for Mirror Maze is to complete previous objectives, the minimum level requirement is 70 (creating the game at that level) and so forth. Can not complete MM if opening a Map to run @ level 70, even if you have completed all other objective requirements and have a full group... this objective can NOT be completed solo'ing.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Apr 6 2024 02:08am
Apr 10 2024 11:40pm
:bouncy:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll