d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion >
Poll > Bm Trade Etiquette: Shadow Bidding
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 550.40
Mar 14 2024 11:51am
Quote (DabbinDragon91 @ Mar 14 2024 12:39am)
So after reading you're response, you completely missed my initial point... this post has NOTHING to do with the seller not knowing the price of their item,items etc... and to go even further with stating there are tons of auction style posts on here..... Now back to my original statement... What i'm referring to specifically... Say you are selling a whole toon... you don't put ANY bin/res.... you get a starting offer of 1k, then 2k... You already have an idea of wanting closer to 5k! Now your toon may be worth every bit of that 5k... So then you state, "I have gotten a pm offer of 4k via pm" even tho YOU NEVER DID.... you would simply be trying to escalate their offers to where you was wanting it.. so you then put a bin of 5/6k (which ever you'd like for your own thought on this scenario okay?) and a res of 4k, and that you'd sell within 30 mins... Now this creates a false sence of urgency that they then have 30 mins to bid/bin this item or they lose it.. But the thing is, they aren't actually gonna lose it because you essentially shot yourself in the foot... You then begin messaging the other folks who offer creating a sense of shadow wars with a bidder that is just simply you creating false offers/counter offers to simply try and get them closer to your overall goal. This type of action should essentially be a scam, specially if someone brings it to the post publically because they notice the stuff isn't simply adding up. specially if the package should've already been sold after the 30 mins that has gone by but you're still actively seeking a buyer.

You an the other person are stating how high ticket items are sold, i'm already aware of this. I personally have no issue with selling via pm, or even linking in a game and do a trade with some freshly found loot and someone happens to have a jsp in game and offers you some fg for it. This happens to me quite often when i'm running chaos games for public. I don't mind that, thats not what this post is specifically about... You are just missing the overall point. I'm not ignorant on the rules either because i've had to go thru them on several occasions to make sure my own self was covered and that i wasn't actually breaking forum rulings after being told I was. What you're claiming isn't actually a rule, well hate to tell ya buddy, it is... anything written in that forum rule is actually a rule for the forum.. Now whether or not its heavily enforced is a seperate matter.... I've seen many a S/A threads involving Discord/JSP pm's in and resulting in the accused being banned, even tho it states no trading via pm's. Its more on how much proof you have, but again thsi is a seperate matter than of what i'm originally talking about...

False sense of urgency is always created in “business” deals.

This whole thing is about who has the most and best information.

We aren’t missing the point. You are.

If you don’t like to participate in a market where prices aren’t transparent, then don’t be on jsp.

Prices on almost everything isn’t transparent. Incrwsinf the price of something so you then mark it down by 20% so it’s at your original sale price happens all the time.
Going to the car dealership where they just say msrp now only to come back and say the price is higher “cuz market”.

Etc etc.

Life is not fair. Jsp isn’t fair.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 14 2024 04:39pm
I'll pm when the bids are no where near the value

If "x" item is 5k+ and bids are doing marginal 100fg bids, I'll pm the item owner and do a private sale. I generally try not to lowball and I'm sure the item owner has fleeced me just as much as I've fleeced them over the years.
Gold: 10,924.00
Mar 14 2024 04:48pm
Generally i just tell ppl what my bin is, if you dont want it, leave it.. i dont see how bids trump anything, transparency is key, fine but on the other hand i would never sell something i know what i want for , for lower just cause ur comeback is "well you only have 2k offer in thread" trading is a game in it of its own
Gold: 55.26
Mar 14 2024 10:34pm
Quote (Bui6Pays40Percent4Wins @ 14 Mar 2024 12:51)
False sense of urgency is always created in “business” deals.

This whole thing is about who has the most and best information.

We aren’t missing the point. You are.

If you don’t like to participate in a market where prices aren’t transparent, then don’t be on jsp.

Prices on almost everything isn’t transparent. Incrwsinf the price of something so you then mark it down by 20% so it’s at your original sale price happens all the time.
Going to the car dealership where they just say msrp now only to come back and say the price is higher “cuz market”.

Etc etc.

Life is not fair. Jsp isn’t fair.

LOL now you tryin to be wild.. I can whole heartedly assure you that a sense of urgency is not always done in business deals... If your product doesn't stand alone or you have predatory practices, then yes absolutely... You sell them on the false sense of "Must have it" when in reality they can awalays get a better deal they just might have to wait.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm missing my own point here LMAO you're trying to push a narritive that isn't what I'm referring to there lil fella...

BTW if you get caught increasing pricing only to mark it down 20% so that its at the original selling price while also "Being on a hot deal/sale" is absolutely illegal AF here in the states LMAO its caleld false advertising.... Thats again, not what i'm talking about apples to oranges bruh...

Simply put you're trying to push a narritive here that is a rubuttal to mine and missing it at all angles because you're probably one of these people that do it, imo...

At the end of the day, prices are what people pay... There is no set price for ANYTHING on here, just going rates.... You can absolutely be transparent about PM offers on your posting as well.. My issue here is stating you have PM offers when you actually DONT.... You are stating you're getting PM offers when you ACTUALLY ARE NOT... again, I cannot understand how to make that point more clear... At that rate just make a BIN or let the offers roll in. If you don't get the offers your seeking, then just simply piece it out. so again, yes you are in fact missing the point of what i'm stating and trying to compare something that it aint.... maybe actually re reead what i'm stating :)
Gold: 55.26
Mar 14 2024 10:40pm
Quote (Weiser @ 14 Mar 2024 17:39)
I'll pm when the bids are no where near the value

If "x" item is 5k+ and bids are doing marginal 100fg bids, I'll pm the item owner and do a private sale. I generally try not to lowball and I'm sure the item owner has fleeced me just as much as I've fleeced them over the years.

Again, that isn't what this post is arguing about. IMO there isn't any issue about doing what your stating. Nor trying to buy the items via PM. My whole topic is about a person stating, "They are not taking PM offers, and to stick with the thread" then claiming they recieved a PM offer of the reserve to sell within 10 mins, then hours later they are still trying to rack in more offers lol if the PM offer retracted, then they could simply state that...

Quote (AndrewTate @ 14 Mar 2024 17:48)
Generally i just tell ppl what my bin is, if you dont want it, leave it.. i dont see how bids trump anything, transparency is key, fine but on the other hand i would never sell something i know what i want for , for lower just cause ur comeback is "well you only have 2k offer in thread" trading is a game in it of its own

Understandable, if you have a bin set in mind, why sell lower than what you want for it? I'd sit on it and let it go. What i'm stating isn't against what you're talking about. If you have a bin of 5k+ on the item and highest offer on post is 2k, doesn't mean you should sell it @ 2.1k... thats still way less than what you were wanting to sell it for. Eventually someone will come by and see what you got and see that if its actually worth that, to get it at that. There is a difference between selling a bunch of crap items vs 5k vs a very solid pack @ 5k, that even buying in pieces would be over that.
Gold: 550.40
Mar 15 2024 07:04am
Quote (DabbinDragon91 @ Mar 14 2024 11:34pm)
LOL now you tryin to be wild.. I can whole heartedly assure you that a sense of urgency is not always done in business deals... If your product doesn't stand alone or you have predatory practices, then yes absolutely... You sell them on the false sense of "Must have it" when in reality they can awalays get a better deal they just might have to wait.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm missing my own point here LMAO you're trying to push a narritive that isn't what I'm referring to there lil fella...

BTW if you get caught increasing pricing only to mark it down 20% so that its at the original selling price while also "Being on a hot deal/sale" is absolutely illegal AF here in the states LMAO its caleld false advertising.... Thats again, not what i'm talking about apples to oranges bruh...

Simply put you're trying to push a narritive here that is a rubuttal to mine and missing it at all angles because you're probably one of these people that do it, imo...

At the end of the day, prices are what people pay... There is no set price for ANYTHING on here, just going rates.... You can absolutely be transparent about PM offers on your posting as well.. My issue here is stating you have PM offers when you actually DONT.... You are stating you're getting PM offers when you ACTUALLY ARE NOT... again, I cannot understand how to make that point more clear... At that rate just make a BIN or let the offers roll in. If you don't get the offers your seeking, then just simply piece it out. so again, yes you are in fact missing the point of what i'm stating and trying to compare something that it aint.... maybe actually re reead what i'm stating :)

We are all getting the point.

You are not.
Gold: 50,050.31
Mar 15 2024 03:34pm
Quote (Bui6Pays40Percent4Wins @ Mar 13 2024 03:56pm)
I type facts.

And yes it is the situation.

The OP wants everything public so that he doesn’t get ththe bad end of a trade. This is due to people not knowing prices or usefulness of pvp items.

There is nothing wrong with PM offers. Most high end items are sold this way.

Found one bm trader! :banana:
Gold: 361,981.19
Mar 15 2024 04:45pm
Shadow Bidding--I don't like it...cuz if I win the shadow I don't have anything to show for it...
Gold: 2,313.00
Mar 15 2024 07:36pm
I mean lets be realistic... even true auction websites let people negotiate prices for products over private messages. Heck, my last purchase on an auction site was done this way. I asked the seller to combine two items ( anime figures ) and sell for $100s dollars less, we settled for $80s less. They combined the listing, selling at $600 but accepted my custom offer of $520. Shadow selling! lol.

This post was edited by Mewi on Mar 15 2024 07:38pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll