d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Murder Of Marissa Shen
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Mar 7 2024 10:45pm
Here, a teen called Marissa Shen was found dead in a park, and semen was collected from her uterus. The authorities believe she was raped and then murdered. They eventually arrested a suspect, and the semen matched with his DNA. However, he claims that all he did was have sex with her, that he did not murder her. I know this is BS, he only says this to avoid the murder charge, however I can't help but realize that we don't have hard evidence that he murdered her. Maybe he only raped her, and let her go, but she was murdered by someone else. Not having any eye witness or video evidence, we can't really say for sure that he was the one who killed her.

Another similar case I can think of is the murder of Ying Ying Zhang. Her DNA as well as her blood were found in the apartment of the suspect. But I can't help but think that the presence of her DNA and blood in his apartment only prove that she was there, and maybe he only beat her up and injured her, and then released her afterwards. With no eye witness or video evidence, we can't prove definitively that he murdered her. The suspect did eventually admit to the murder, though.

Your thoughts?

This post was edited by JessiWan on Mar 7 2024 10:47pm
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 7 2024 11:06pm
What is the political or religious angle to this?
A syrian refugee murdered her, and the canadian immigration system is implicated for these consequences, but you didn't raise any of that, and this was a story that trended nearly 5 years ago
The mundane criminal aspects and defense arguments are pretty irrelevant
Gold: 0.00
Mar 7 2024 11:24pm
innocent until proven guilty
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 7 2024 11:48pm
Quote (UmadLoL @ Mar 7 2024 11:24pm)
innocent until proven guilty

well he was proven guilty and has a mandatory life sentence so eh
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2024 12:03am
Quote (JessiWan @ Mar 7 2024 08:45pm)
Here, a teen called Marissa Shen was found dead in a park, and semen was collected from her uterus. The authorities believe she was raped and then murdered. They eventually arrested a suspect, and the semen matched with his DNA. However, he claims that all he did was have sex with her, that he did not murder her. I know this is BS, he only says this to avoid the murder charge, however I can't help but realize that we don't have hard evidence that he murdered her. Maybe he only raped her, and let her go, but she was murdered by someone else. Not having any eye witness or video evidence, we can't really say for sure that he was the one who killed her.

Another similar case I can think of is the murder of Ying Ying Zhang. Her DNA as well as her blood were found in the apartment of the suspect. But I can't help but think that the presence of her DNA and blood in his apartment only prove that she was there, and maybe he only beat her up and injured her, and then released her afterwards. With no eye witness or video evidence, we can't prove definitively that he murdered her. The suspect did eventually admit to the murder, though.

Your thoughts?

What Does Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt Mean?
https://www.criminallawyerofannarbor.com/what-does-proof-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt-mean/
Gold: 36,168.00
Mar 14 2024 08:48pm
Thats why there are many, many murderers walking free. Not enough investigators, not enough evidence. Just not enough time to deal with all the unsolved cases sadly
Gold: 5.00
Mar 15 2024 05:01am
Quote (Lazybumi @ Mar 14 2024 09:48pm)
Thats why there are many, many murderers walking free. Not enough investigators, not enough evidence. Just not enough time to deal with all the unsolved cases sadly

This

Reminds me of the Howard Stern serial killer call in 90s. The anonymous serial killer was disappointed his 'clues' were never found, the majority of victims not investigated, many not even making presence in news. Maybe a hoax, was pretty weird though.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll