d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > How Map Lvl Range Really Work?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,743.93
Mar 2 2024 08:38pm
Quote (DHABattosai @ 3 Mar 2024 11:49)
thanks a lot for your time and all infos , i really appreciate dude

No problem, I also forgot to mention, there are no trapdoors in a Map, also, the Emblem has a chance to spawn a Trap door, however, in a Map you will not fall into it, BUT, in a normal catacomb... you will fall into a trapdoor even if you are using a TD detector character.

To answer this previous question:

Quote (DHABattosai @ 3 Mar 2024 01:31)
Scuse me sir i have a question

If my chara is lvl 55 but in my game someone is lvl 70 +
If i m the one who leads , drop will be good ( lvl 30 map )

The driver sets the monster level & difficulty and drops are based around 1-3 levels of your character level. There is a diminishing drop quantity based on any higher level characters does the killing blow... even to the point of zero drops even from EPs.

I think it changed v1.17a or b. We used to have a level 75 Guardian in a full group (HC) starting from level 1 to master quest, and we noticed no drops from any monsters up to like 50 (excluding EPs) when the Guardian killed it, but the quantity was minimal... oh, and I was always the driver of full group. This is back in the days when there was a bridging system to bring in higher level characters... you could not change levels to join then, it was always set to like 5 levels... forgot exact #.

Basically... up to you and who is helping you... we used to get the guardian to deal damage to mobs around level 45+, but not kill it, he would let us have the killing blow.
Gold: 6,169.95
Mar 3 2024 04:41pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Mar 2 2024 01:40pm)
its a bit of a weird one, it depends who gets the killing blows from my experience. if the level 70 kills stuff you get naff drops still, if the level 55 gets the kills then that should be fine.

can't say for 100% certain though

I realize i drop lvl 55 item when i kill EP even when i m still not 55
I assume EP are at least +1 lvl from my character

My question is :rofl:

What about chest :p ?

Thanks for all your help guys
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 3 2024 03:38am)
No problem, I also forgot to mention, there are no trapdoors in a Map, also, the Emblem has a chance to spawn a Trap door, however, in a Map you will not fall into it, BUT, in a normal catacomb... you will fall into a trapdoor even if you are using a TD detector character.

To answer this previous question:

The driver sets the monster level & difficulty and drops are based around 1-3 levels of your character level. There is a diminishing drop quantity based on any higher level characters does the killing blow... even to the point of zero drops even from EPs.

I think it changed v1.17a or b. We used to have a level 75 Guardian in a full group (HC) starting from level 1 to master quest, and we noticed no drops from any monsters up to like 50 (excluding EPs) when the Guardian killed it, but the quantity was minimal... oh, and I was always the driver of full group. This is back in the days when there was a bridging system to bring in higher level characters... you could not change levels to join then, it was always set to like 5 levels... forgot exact #.

Basically... up to you and who is helping you... we used to get the guardian to deal damage to mobs around level 45+, but not kill it, he would let us have the killing blow.

Thanks for all guys
Gold: 20,039.48
Mar 3 2024 07:17pm
Quote (DHABattosai @ Mar 3 2024 10:41pm)

my understanding is chest is same level you are
Gold: 8,743.93
Mar 5 2024 12:28am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 4 Mar 2024 14:17)
my understanding is chest is same level you are

Agree with this, however I also believe that the chests are also like monster spawn... 1-3 levels to your character level, but this can not be tested.

Events can make chests better, but that is about it I would say.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll