d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Help Request - Fighter Getting Gapped
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,086.84
Feb 27 2024 11:12am
https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=337134&p=558074

Hi, above is my homie. I just play solo, casually, but enjoy the game. I just got up to a catacombs boss, I had full HP thinking I'm about to get some fat loots.

He clapped my cheeks so far off my buttocks they are in a different area code.

I'm hitting him for near nothing and he's gapping my HP.

I'd imagine there's a very silly noob mistake I'm making, but wondering if anyone can help? Also idk if this is even the right place to post, very sorry if not.

EDIT: I chain-died and 3 deaths later I got him! He INDEED dropped the fat loots. Much happy, but still hoping for assistance on where I'm messing-up my homie.

This post was edited by Tonst3r on Feb 27 2024 11:32am
Gold: 282,049.75
Feb 27 2024 08:40pm
We need more players like this 😆
Feb 28 2024 08:50am
Quote (JakeTheDog @ Feb 27 2024 09:40pm)
We need more players like this 😆

Ty but I was being serious lol I know his gear isn't great, but unsure if a few FG would save him or not.

I was doing more research and realize he might actually just be F'd from not realizing how the stat points work with leveling in the long-term. I made an alt Mage now and she's poppin-off tho. I got some FG so I think I can make it work, but doing the "first 10 to vit, rest forever into int" makes me feel much better about not messing up her stats.

Gold: 8,742.98
Feb 28 2024 05:28pm
Quote (Tonst3r @ 29 Feb 2024 03:50)
Ty but I was being serious lol I know his gear isn't great, but unsure if a few FG would save him or not.

I was doing more research and realize he might actually just be F'd from not realizing how the stat points work with leveling in the long-term. I made an alt Mage now and she's poppin-off tho. I got some FG so I think I can make it work, but doing the "first 10 to vit, rest forever into int" makes me feel much better about not messing up her stats.

I looked at your toons... you need to make 5 more characters (SC) to mule items over using the Marketplace (as you should already know).

I would say start off with a Barbarian ... Retribution is excellent when you don't have high Enhanced Effect armor.

All your characters should stat vitality to a minimum base of 85 (if you have average gear... if not... then 100 base vitality).

The basics for a beginner:

100 base vitality for any character you create since you are basically using self found gear and not spending Forum Gold to get average items for a full climb for that character class.

Str / Dex stats are for character builds that are Melee and after Enhanced Effect Weapons... HOWEVER.... certain weapons have a ratio based on either Str or Dex... example: Sword = 75 str / 25 dex ratio, vs a staff that has 75 dex / 25 ratio ... HOWEVER... a fighter can use a sword, but NOT a staff, and a Rogue can use EITHER Staff or Sword, BUT... the character class starting stats are different.

What is the best class for a beginner to start with... either Barb or fighter... mine is Barb because of Retribution ability and can still use the Fighter class ability Power Strike.

Oh... I am a bit two faced... I prefer Guardian, but that is because I am a noob and my playstyle sucks.

What everyone does:

Buy items with Enhanced Effect.
Enhanced Effect only works for the item it is on, example; on a weapon, it only enhances the melee damage, on an elemental charm, it only effects charm damage, on healing charms, it only helps with healing effect.

Melee: EE weapon & for defense EE armor ... the main slot should have +X Stat directed to your weapons ratio.
Caster: EE main charm & for casting damage +X Int stat (if you want defense, then EE) and for weapon is +X Int Stat
As for healing, I guess you can ascertain that the Caster/Healer build is ideal with EE healing charm in ACC slot.
Feb 29 2024 08:20am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Feb 28 2024 06:28pm)
I looked at your toons... you need to make 5 more characters (SC) to mule items over using the Marketplace (as you should already know).

I would say start off with a Barbarian ... Retribution is excellent when you don't have high Enhanced Effect armor.

All your characters should stat vitality to a minimum base of 85 (if you have average gear... if not... then 100 base vitality).

The basics for a beginner:

100 base vitality for any character you create since you are basically using self found gear and not spending Forum Gold to get average items for a full climb for that character class.

Str / Dex stats are for character builds that are Melee and after Enhanced Effect Weapons... HOWEVER.... certain weapons have a ratio based on either Str or Dex... example: Sword = 75 str / 25 dex ratio, vs a staff that has 75 dex / 25 ratio ... HOWEVER... a fighter can use a sword, but NOT a staff, and a Rogue can use EITHER Staff or Sword, BUT... the character class starting stats are different.

What is the best class for a beginner to start with... either Barb or fighter... mine is Barb because of Retribution ability and can still use the Fighter class ability Power Strike.

Oh... I am a bit two faced... I prefer Guardian, but that is because I am a noob and my playstyle sucks.

What everyone does:

Buy items with Enhanced Effect.
Enhanced Effect only works for the item it is on, example; on a weapon, it only enhances the melee damage, on an elemental charm, it only effects charm damage, on healing charms, it only helps with healing effect.

Melee: EE weapon & for defense EE armor ... the main slot should have +X Stat directed to your weapons ratio.
Caster: EE main charm & for casting damage +X Int stat (if you want defense, then EE) and for weapon is +X Int Stat
As for healing, I guess you can ascertain that the Caster/Healer build is ideal with EE healing charm in ACC slot.

tyty! I was hoping to save the fighter, I got a few levels since that last post and bought a charm w/ Dex so I got Str/Dex to a perfect 50/50 for my wep, but the Vitality makes sense, I slack on that too hard. I have to regen after 2 or 3 fights x.x

I don't get why but I can't find axes with EE. I just searched 45-55 Axes, with just 1 EE, and no results. Even the armors only have 3-4 options.

Is it normal to spend 250fg for a lvl 50 armor? Or is everyone just busy w/ the event that just passed?
Gold: 13,481.88
Feb 29 2024 02:38pm
Was probably sneaky shell
Feb 29 2024 02:41pm
Quote (Outraged @ Feb 29 2024 03:38pm)
Was probably sneaky shell

sadly I don't remember the name or if I had an objective, but since then he's pretty much fine so yeah I think it was some kind of rare spawn or something idk. Didn't do MUCH to that guy and he's beaten bosses since with much less issue.
Gold: 13,481.88
Feb 29 2024 02:43pm
Quote (Tonst3r @ Feb 29 2024 03:41pm)
sadly I don't remember the name or if I had an objective, but since then he's pretty much fine so yeah I think it was some kind of rare spawn or something idk. Didn't do MUCH to that guy and he's beaten bosses since with much less issue.

If you beat it, it would say you did under objectives

I fear you just are hitting the wall. At higher level you really need Enhanced effect on a melee weapon. Or else you will get your ass kicked.
Have you looked at any of the guides?

This post was edited by Outraged on Feb 29 2024 02:43pm
Feb 29 2024 02:48pm
Quote (Outraged @ Feb 29 2024 03:43pm)
If you best it, it would say you did under objectives

I fear you just are hitting the wall. At higher level you really need Enhanced effect on a melee weapon. Or else you will get your ass kicked.
Have you looked at any of the guides?

yeah a bunch, most are old as heck but seem relevant still. I liked axes and did my str/dex accordingly but can never find an axe that has EE for lvl 50-55. Not just an overpriced one, but none listed. Even armor it's brutal where there's only for 55+ and it's 250fg and not even the type I wanted.

I took a detour and started a Mage. Seems to be much better finding charms with EE, and I wanted to do Mage anyway tbh.

I don't get where everyone is getting their EE gear from when the Market is so dry for high level stuff. I spent a bagillion hours transmuting and it's level 2...so that doesn't seem like it'll help me lol
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll