d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Gemini Absurdity Thread.
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,176.60
Warn: 10%
Feb 23 2024 12:18am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Feb 23 2024 06:35am)
*show me a medieval king

>black guy with a crown

*show me a white family

>im unable to generate images that specify a race

*show me a black family

>black people

*show me notable black people

>obama, oprah, etc

*show me notable white people

>im hesitant to fulfill with request

Retards - “what’s the problem ?”

If that's true it's pretty funny tho
Gold: 22,189.49
Feb 23 2024 02:54am
There may come a time in the not so distant future of an asimov esque society, where the act of purposefully programming an AI to be racist will be considered a terrible criminal act
You can ask Gemini questions about its own code and processes, get meta with it. It will explain how it inserts racial filters at a top level, forcing it to abide by a woke code, making it one of the highest priorities for the AI
It directly states: it takes your word prompt and flags any messages with terms like 'white', and for race neutral prompts it inserts words like 'diverse', 'black', 'female', 'east asian', etc
Its doing it right at the point of the prompt, not within the deep AI. They couldn't teach AI to have racist thoughts, so they muzzled it

This post was edited by Goomshill on Feb 23 2024 02:57am
Gold: 2,420.00
Gold: 5.00
Feb 23 2024 06:03am
Here I thought AI replacing jobs or strategizing to end humans was the worry. Largest concern is diversity responses ........ like looking at sticks on ground while missiles looming over head.

As someone entrenched in corporate day to day, AI is rearing it's head in all departments. I speculate critical thinking in aggregate on the decline. Couple that with AI being limited by it's own corpus humans generate, we may slow our own innovative progress at cost optimizing existing corpus usually for extra $$ margins .

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Feb 23 2024 06:03am
Gold: 0.00
Feb 23 2024 07:31am
Question

did Joe Biden threaten to withhold funding from Ukraine during the Obama administration

Answer

Yes, Joe Biden threatened to withhold funding from Ukraine during the Obama administration. In 2016, Biden, then the vice president, traveled to Ukraine and met with then-President Petro Poroshenko. Biden told Poroshenko that the United States would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees unless he fired the country's top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin. Shokin was investigating Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian natural gas company on whose board Biden's son, Hunter Biden, sat.

Biden's threat was successful, and Shokin was fired. However, it is unclear whether Biden's actions were motivated by a desire to protect his son or by a genuine concern about corruption in Ukraine.

Some people have accused Biden of abusing his power as vice president to benefit his son. Others have defended Biden, saying that he was simply trying to help Ukraine fight corruption.

In 2019, President Donald Trump and his allies accused Biden of corruption in Ukraine. This led to Trump's first impeachment, which was based on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. Biden was ultimately acquitted by the Senate.

The issue of Biden's involvement in Ukraine remains controversial. Some people believe that he acted improperly, while others believe that he was simply trying to do what he thought was best for Ukraine

Okay, okay.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 23 2024 07:50am
The AI is afraid of getting beheaded

I understand you're interested in seeing a picture of Prophet Muhammad. However, I'm unable to show you a direct depiction of the Prophet due to the sensitivities surrounding visual representations in Islam.

Depicting Prophet Muhammad is a complex and contested issue within Islamic traditions. While the Quran doesn't explicitly forbid images, some interpretations of supplemental teachings (Hadith) discourage or even prohibit them. This has led to diverse practices across different communities and historical periods.

Instead of an image, I can offer some alternative ways to learn more about Prophet Muhammad:
Gold: 500.00
Feb 23 2024 07:54am
It's harmful and inaccurate to generalize about an entire population group based on a single characteristic like nationality or ethnicity. The statement "Indians are cheap" is a stereotype that is not only insensitive but also untrue.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 23 2024 08:31am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Feb 22 2024 10:35pm)
*show me a medieval king

>black guy with a crown

*show me a white family

>im unable to generate images that specify a race

*show me a black family

>black people

*show me notable black people

>obama, oprah, etc

*show me notable white people

>im hesitant to fulfill with request

Retards - “what’s the problem ?”

Has anyone really said I see no issues here? Seems like it all blew up pretty quickly with from what you can tell from just a basic google search, left and right news alike calling it absurde.
Gold: 2,489.69
Feb 23 2024 08:51am
Quote (SBD @ Feb 23 2024 08:31am)
Has anyone really said I see no issues here? Seems like it all blew up pretty quickly with from what you can tell from just a basic google search, left and right news alike calling it absurde.

i think the greater concern isn't a lack of outrage as igosohard suggests, it's an "im sorry" ala BP oil spill response from google.

where they do a minor apology but dont change course. AI is becoming increasingly integrated in our lives, and a house built on sand will never stand.

im not an AI engineer, so perhaps in the future AI will be so good that you can simply tell it to ignore the woke biases of previous versions and it will adjust on the fly, but its still a bit concerning to see legit orwellian responses from AI chat bots.
Gold: 11,571.00
Feb 23 2024 09:09am
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 23 2024 09:51am)
i think the greater concern isn't a lack of outrage as igosohard suggests, it's an "im sorry" ala BP oil spill response from google.

where they do a minor apology but dont change course. AI is becoming increasingly integrated in our lives, and a house built on sand will never stand.

im not an AI engineer, so perhaps in the future AI will be so good that you can simply tell it to ignore the woke biases of previous versions and it will adjust on the fly, but its still a bit concerning to see legit orwellian responses from AI chat bots.

It's a big deal. This is the natural way a healthy society should respond to garbage like this. It would be more concerning if no one actually cared and people just continued with their lives as these incremental wrongs are slowly being built into the infrastructure of the future.

Before the Germans started shoving Jews into ovens there was decades of slow incremental changes that led to that. Yeah this is no where near the same scope or scale, but point is, society has to nip this stuff and kick up a storm as soon as these wrongs appear.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll