d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Fat Or Carbohydrates As Energy
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Feb 22 2024 05:42pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 22 Feb 2024 14:35)
Right, that's a fallacy. Diets high in saturated fats nearly always end up causing cardiovascular disease.

It's like a fat person saying that their blood work looks great, so they're healthy. It is, for now... But nearly always catches up with you.

But hey man, if you're getting your fats from a healthy source and it seems like it's working for you, tear it up.

Thanks, have a nice day :thumbsup:
Gold: 4,575.01
Warn: 10%
Feb 22 2024 09:40pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Feb 22 2024 01:35pm)
Right, that's a fallacy. Diets high in saturated fats nearly always end up causing cardiovascular disease.

It's like a fat person saying that their blood work looks great, so they're healthy. It is, for now... But nearly always catches up with you.

But hey man, if you're getting your fats from a healthy source and it seems like it's working for you, tear it up.

Only for sedentary people.

Fats are the cornerstone energy source of primal human nutrition, carbs are not.

This post was edited by El1te on Feb 22 2024 09:43pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 23 2024 07:55am
Quote (El1te @ Feb 22 2024 10:40pm)
Only for sedentary people.

Fats are the cornerstone energy source of primal human nutrition, carbs are not.

Citation needed.

Carbohydrates break down directly into glucose. Glucose+aerobic respiration=ATP.

Fats can create glucose through gluconeogenesis, however this only occurs when your body is depleted of carbohydrates and it is by far not an efficient method of energy production. Everybody is an individual and has their own truth, but facts are different than truth.

Fats are the cornerstone of a lot of things, energy source isn’t really one of them.
Feb 23 2024 03:13pm
sprints/high heart rate/intensity activity —> carbs
jog/low-medium heart rate/low intensity —> fats
Gold: 4,575.01
Warn: 10%
Feb 23 2024 04:25pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Feb 23 2024 05:55am)
Citation needed.

Carbohydrates break down directly into glucose. Glucose+aerobic respiration=ATP.

Fats can create glucose through gluconeogenesis, however this only occurs when your body is depleted of carbohydrates and it is by far not an efficient method of energy production. Everybody is an individual and has their own truth, but facts are different than truth.

Fats are the cornerstone of a lot of things, energy source isn’t really one of them.

sOuRcE?

Of course I know that carbs break down to glucose.

Pre-neolithic revolution carbs were not at all or a very minor part of the homo sapien diet. Fats were the primary energy source and their energy density advantage over carbs was key for allowing hunters to chase animals for days at a time (what I mean by primal energy source). As said above fats are better for lower intensity long distance (what hunters did to chase down prey)

Hydrocarbons have more oxidative potential energy than carbohydrates this is simple chemistry, which is why as OP stated fats have much more energy per 1 gram.

Carbs are good for saturating muscles with glycogen or otherwise producing more energy over a shorter period of time, this is the problem with alot of sedentary modern people, they eat way too many carbs and are not expending the energy through vigorous exercise. Fats will also make you feel fuller for longer

This post was edited by El1te on Feb 23 2024 04:26pm
Gold: 16,532.01
Feb 25 2024 07:21am
Quote (Decarnate @ Feb 21 2024 12:59pm)
I appreciate all of what you said above, but I find my current diet to be extremely satisfying, both mentally and when I check my lean, bulbous gains out in the mirror. A diet like mine may not be for everyone, but I personally love it. And BTW the last time I got laboratory work done, they said everything looked great. :)

Look m8, i am not saying : "You have a wrong diet, everything is wrong what u eat only good unsaturated fats are the best and bla"

The important thing about nutrition is to have a complex diet, i am not saying you should start immaedtly change everything.

I would only recommend to do some test about your diet in general, to find more information what could better for your organism or not.

And ofc if everything is ok right now with your diet then its cool but testing some stuff which could lead to a better diet overall, its not a crime. If is comes down to food etc. , i wanna get best out of it.

We need to test a lot with food because the food quality in general got decreased by these last decades and yea i wish you defeatly the best with current diet and etc.

Because in the end of the day, our health, our body is our buisness card, you can have so much money, one stupid diseaes and yea its over. Your body and health is more worth it as a piece of paper which we called money.
Gold: 16,532.01
Feb 25 2024 07:23am
Quote (Physician @ Feb 23 2024 10:13pm)
sprints/high heart rate/intensity activity —> carbs
jog/low-medium heart rate/low intensity —> fats

This is true, by high intensity training using carbs is defeatly welcome but the point is having a high carb diet its the problem.

Sometimes like i know some good Bodybuilders they told me they have a high fatty and protein diet but before workout they need gummy bears so yea its a good fuel if you gonna burn it.
Feb 25 2024 08:41am
Quote (ZerumD2R @ 25 Feb 2024 06:21)
Look m8, i am not saying : "You have a wrong diet, everything is wrong what u eat only good unsaturated fats are the best and bla"

The important thing about nutrition is to have a complex diet, i am not saying you should start immaedtly change everything.

I would only recommend to do some test about your diet in general, to find more information what could better for your organism or not.

And ofc if everything is ok right now with your diet then its cool but testing some stuff which could lead to a better diet overall, its not a crime. If is comes down to food etc. , i wanna get best out of it.

We need to test a lot with food because the food quality in general got decreased by these last decades and yea i wish you defeatly the best with current diet and etc.

Because in the end of the day, our health, our body is our buisness card, you can have so much money, one stupid diseaes and yea its over. Your body and health is more worth it as a piece of paper which we called money.

Did all of that, you seem to be making a lot of assumptions based on very little detail that I have provided. I've been at this for many years and take great care in how I handle the health of my body. Thank you for the thoughtful post, however. Have a lovely day. ^_^
Gold: 10,057.12
Warn: 50%
Mar 28 2024 03:33pm
if you aren't doing extremely explosive exercise you probably don't need very many carbs/ thread

p.s. bodybuilding and powerlifting are not extremely explosive exercise
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll