d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Economic Route
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,651.59
Feb 10 2024 05:37pm
Quote (Bruv @ Feb 10 2024 04:29pm)
I think I can just buy as many EE longswords as I can get and fill the gaps with swords

Any particular reason you want longswords so badly?
Gold: 23,660.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 10 2024 07:07pm
WHatever you think works for your budget and playstyle go for it and let us know how it's working out for you. I am also curious why long swords specifically. :santa:
Gold: 20,039.48
Feb 11 2024 04:41am
Quote (Bruv @ Feb 10 2024 09:29pm)
I think I can just buy as many EE longswords as I can get and fill the gaps with swords

the reason longswords deal more damage is they attack at basically half speed. just bear that in mind.
works well with retribution though
Gold: 24,303.85
Feb 11 2024 05:14am
Back when i started i went for swords too, longswords didn't exist.
I passed it to pala than started another char to pala over and over, great way to get GP's too, used to get 10 Fg for them, not sure if a guild is still paying for them.

But i didn't go for 100 or 150+ EE items right away, one they didn't exist as they do now, and second they costed as much if not more than today.
I settled for 50-80 EE items for 250-750 Fg each, or i borrowed them from friends, yeah we used to do that back in the days :D
Now those same 50-80 EE items, most of the new guys don't want them even for 5-50 Fg...

It seems to me that everyone that starts nowadays want top tier gear right away, and those items are very rare.
Gold: 20,039.48
Feb 11 2024 05:18am
Quote (SuioMdl @ Feb 11 2024 11:14am)
I passed it to pala than started another char to pala over and over, great way to get GP's too, used to get 10 Fg for them, not sure if a guild is still paying for them.

But i didn't go for 100 or 150+ EE items right away, one they didn't exist as they do now, and second they costed as much if not more than today.
I settled for 50-80 EE items for 250-750 Fg each, or i borrowed them from friends, yeah we used to do that back in the days :D
Now those same 50-80 EE items, most of the new guys don't want them even for 5-50 Fg...

It seems to me that everyone that starts nowadays want top tier gear right away, and those items are very rare.

a good point on the rarity.
I know of 2 people still hunting for 100+ ee swords. they just don't exist on softcore at the moment as they've all been bought buy new guys whom have then gone inactive and not resold them.

Daggers/axes will practically always have an availability thanks to muters.

the true "economic" route is either
Mage - Cheapish int daggers, put up with a cruddier int robe, there's no demand for 30-38 int mq robes. charms at 100ee can be picked up ~20 fg each and generally widely available.
Barb - Clubs + str heavy armors + str charms
The entire point on both of these is to continue running the same class.
If you want to run some other classes, you should be able to raise the funds for that by continually running barb/mage until you have the fg to do so.

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Feb 11 2024 05:22am
Gold: 3,366.64
Feb 11 2024 06:21pm
Quote (SuioMdl @ Feb 11 2024 12:14pm)

I did the same actually. Went for swords, heavy armor, str charms. Played until i passed to monk, then new char starting from barb.
Though i am not sure if itโ€™s the best way. Took long time to complete my not too fancy sword set ๐Ÿ˜Ž
But yeah, you will make fg, prof & gps.

In regards to getting funds as quick as possible to be able to buy more expensive gear, i guess the best way is to get club, heavy ee, str charm (mq items), and a lifereg set. Then just level a barb to 59+ and go deathfarm.
Gold: 8,743.93
Feb 14 2024 12:55am
If you are going this route, then I have a few suggestions, especially if you are solo'ing at your pleasure.

Get yourself comfortable with Melee/Heal build from the start.
Get yourself acquainted with Minimum 100 Base Vitality & 30 Intelligence (even with a Barbarian or Samurai)
Use only two abilities, the main Ability is Salvation, the second ability is based on your character Class:
... Guardian = Salvation ... thus pick up Retribution: This means you do not need to worry too much on EE armor, but Stat
... Barbarian = Retribution ... thus pick up Salvation: This means you do not need to worry too much on EE armor, but Stat
... Samurai = Two Hit Back ... pick up Salvation: Thus you do not need to worry too much on EE armor, but Stat
... Paladin = Revenge (if using LS) ... thus Salvation: again, Stat armor.

When I say stat armor... buy or find the best Str Heavy armor types up until level 50, and then purchase the Cheap +Int heavy armor... however, you are competing with skillers with high ranks that can mute or glyph them, so make an ISO (In Search Of) thread in the Trade section. (why +int?: simply because you will be able to heal yourself better and do not require too much mana)

With Longswords, you can use a decent Tier III to level 15 and then switch, thus you do NOT need a level 5 or 10, but if you find some that are better, then keep them. If you get a level 15 with 80+ EE, this will last to like level 25 & 30 easily ... now if you can get a level 25 or 35 with 120+% EE self found or cheap... you can Master Quest with it, just as long as you have the Stat armor(s) and Charms with Healing charms in ACC.

HUGE NOTE: This is NOT ideal by the norm... I start with a Guardian, which can use EVERY heavy weapon, but the Samurai is limited to Longsword and low intelligence... so you play it your way. But this is cheap, depending on other things... also... you can re-roll at a level that seems too long to continue, start afresh and hopefully find items for upgrading and selling.

Oh... you can also just Map hunt for +Well maps and sell those off, they are very rare to come across, but running level 1 to 20 or 25 catacombs map hunting, may help out, and you can well items on top of that.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll