d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Strategy To Game Play Options Now?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,743.93
Feb 2 2024 08:52pm
The addition of other abilities are minor (just my opinion) compared to the previous addition.

Peaktrice / Freaver and one other can stun... this is a concern still. So doesn't change strategy as much, however the new ones that remove abilities could (keyword: Could) cause some issues, especially combined with Stunners in the same wave.

... Strategy I would use is to kill off the "Ability" monsters first if I was in a group, the stunners are secondary. As for a solo player 99% of the time myself, I find Slugslider & Gigabee more of a hindrance, thus I will kill these off first before any Peaktrice / Freaver or other stunner. So, with the new additions, I would remove the (remove) Ability monsters first (solo only) when I have one of each in the group... which is 3 maximum spawn per wave solo'ing, but I can NOT give a stratagem for group runs.

Now my strategy is based on the way I play the game, I use Heavy Weapons (1.8s delay) vs Normal Weapons, I also don't (DON'T) use Enhanced Effect Armor (thus my defense is way less) and that I use abilities that charge up based on Hits Taken or Damage Taken, not on attacking.

Now, I have noticed that the abilities (old & new) are activated upon being hit or damage taken (which is basically the same thing) Thus, if you are NOT attacking them out-right, their ability will NOT take effect, however, when it is activated by one member (group or solo) and can be taken out in one hit (kill), everyone loses any charged up abilities.

I think Slug / Giga etc does not comply with these factors, as I have seen "Call for Help" activate while I was healing myself (solo)

Oh... there is a new ability mob now... works like Gigabee (call for help = +2 more of same kind), however this one can also "Run Away" like one of the other abilities (but only reacts when you get them to less than 15% of their hit points) Note: Run Away should NOT work with Well or Evil Presence monsters. This got updated in the past.

Well that is my strategy... maybe others can share their own. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Testing vote for me.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 2 2024 08:53pm
Gold: 56,112.10
Feb 2 2024 10:41pm
My strategy is click….click…..click. Die. Sell the junk i found, heal up, go back down for more click…..click……click

Edit: since i dont do hardcore, i dont care when i die (in fact i often do it on purpose to maintain my level) so i guess no strategy is my strategy….

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Feb 2 2024 10:43pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll