d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Heavy Weapon & Mute Rank Question
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,743.93
Jan 31 2024 04:34am
Okay, to Mute a Heavy weapon or weapons, you need two(2) essences to change the modifiers on those heavy weapons?

What are the requirements?
... White Heavy Weapon + two(2) essence that are angelic + MAY transmute it into either Magical up to Angelic?
... If above sentence is incorrect, would you require an Angelic+ Heavy weapon and two(2) Angelic Essences to transmute into a Magical to Angelic Heavy weapon?
... If above sentence is incorrect, would this mean that you can still transmute all items and end up with a White Heavy weapon?

Remember, I am speculating based on other posts, so I would like some clarification to some of the details that are not around.

Hey... I know that muting Magical or Unique has the same % chance to be either or either from White (0) up to Unique (12)
Gold: 6.91
Jan 31 2024 06:44am
The quality of the item you are muting needs to be at least magical
Typically i roll the same ess as item. Angelic can roll back to white or poof
Also, heavys suck to mute for reasons above
Gold: 0.90
Jan 31 2024 07:52am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 31 2024 03:34am)
Okay, to Mute a Heavy weapon or weapons, you need two(2) essences to change the modifiers on those heavy weapons?

What are the requirements?
... White Heavy Weapon + two(2) essence that are angelic + MAY transmute it into either Magical up to Angelic?
... If above sentence is incorrect, would you require an Angelic+ Heavy weapon and two(2) Angelic Essences to transmute into a Magical to Angelic Heavy weapon?
... If above sentence is incorrect, would this mean that you can still transmute all items and end up with a White Heavy weapon?

Remember, I am speculating based on other posts, so I would like some clarification to some of the details that are not around.

Hey... I know that muting Magical or Unique has the same % chance to be either or either from White (0) up to Unique (12)

Look at the ratio of essence being spent on rolling a decent regular weapon. People are being very transparent about number of essence used this event in the mute topic. Rolling heavies is not worth it at all.
Jan 31 2024 10:53pm
Quote (LabattBlue @ 1 Feb 2024 01:44)
The quality of the item you are muting needs to be at least magical
Typically i roll the same ess as item. Angelic can roll back to white or poof
Also, heavys suck to mute for reasons above

Quote (Horadric_Pube @ 1 Feb 2024 02:52)
Look at the ratio of essence being spent on rolling a decent regular weapon. People are being very transparent about number of essence used this event in the mute topic. Rolling heavies is not worth it at all.

Thank you both for the great advice and reasons.

Based on the perspective of a Heavy Weapon user only, (unless required to use another weapon type) with the pathetic drop rate of a Heavy Weapons, is it not more beneficial to mute them?

Muters obviously get way more items to Mute into essences compared to a heavy weapon to drop. Based on drop rates and the fact that you can use essences from charms, armor and other weapons collected, brought or donated by members. So... you use two(2) essences per Heavy Weapon type of such n such a Tier.

There isn't really a comparison, it is like comparing an Apple (more available compared) to a Pineapple?

Just my thought... you collect shit more essences compared to Heavy Weapons and even the double cost of the same essence doesn't compare.
Gold: 0.90
Jan 31 2024 11:34pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 31 2024 09:53pm)

Based on the perspective of a Heavy Weapon user only, (unless required to use another weapon type) with the pathetic drop rate of a Heavy Weapons, is it not more beneficial to mute them?

Muters obviously get way more items to Mute into essences compared to a heavy weapon to drop. Based on drop rates and the fact that you can use essences from charms, armor and other weapons collected, brought or donated by members. So... you use two(2) essences per Heavy Weapon type of such n such a Tier.

There isn't really a comparison, it is like comparing an Apple (more available compared) to a Pineapple?

Just my thought... you collect shit more essences compared to Heavy Weapons and even the double cost of the same essence doesn't compare.

The sad part will be how many bases poof to nothing as you mute them. You can collect them but it’s going to take a while to make a decent set or even fill holes in a current set.
Gold: 1,154.90
Jan 31 2024 11:41pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 31 2024 11:53pm)

I would assume the most beneficial thing to do would be to sell the mutes and use the fg to buy the heavy. If one even exists or is possible to be haggled for. Everyone has their price.

Now If I'm you're dead set on muting your heavies that really boils down to luck.. I know people who have been trying to mute any mq int staff for years. They could of bought 3 mq int weps for the cost spent.

Jan 31 2024 11:59pm
Quote (Horadric_Pube @ 1 Feb 2024 18:34)
The sad part will be how many bases poof to nothing as you mute them. You can collect them but it’s going to take a while to make a decent set or even fill holes in a current set.

Quote (Raistlin1986 @ 1 Feb 2024 18:41)
I would assume the most beneficial thing to do would be to sell the mutes and use the fg to buy the heavy. If one even exists or is possible to be haggled for. Everyone has their price.

Now If I'm you're dead set on muting your heavies that really boils down to luck.. I know people who have been trying to mute any mq int staff for years. They could of bought 3 mq int weps for the cost spent.

Thank you both for your replies, the advice is great.

I do not mute, so I have to ask, if I had Rank 20 in muting, could I mute Tier III / IV or V items easily? (I don't care about gaining more prof points at this stage for muting.)

If I could, I would not lose any fg muting a Tier III / IV or V heavy weapon because there is an abundance of those Tier (level) items found in catacomb runs from level 1 to 25... or maps in certain cases.

Now... people only think about the END product ... basically muting a level 55 item, well you can not build a house starting with the end in mind and not build the foundation to make it stable. Same as this game.
Gold: 1,154.90
Feb 1 2024 12:51am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Feb 1 2024 12:59am)
Thank you both for your replies, the advice is great.

I do not mute, so I have to ask, if I had Rank 20 in muting, could I mute Tier III / IV or V items easily? (I don't care about gaining more prof points at this stage for muting.)

If I could, I would not lose any fg muting a Tier III / IV or V heavy weapon because there is an abundance of those Tier (level) items found in catacomb runs from level 1 to 25... or maps in certain cases.

Now... people only think about the END product ... basically muting a level 55 item, well you can not build a house starting with the end in mind and not build the foundation to make it stable. Same as this game.

you can mute whatever you want as long as you have the essence and the base youre using to mute with.

however if youre trying to break down the item into the essence thats where you need certain prof.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll