d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Swords Vs Daggers W/ Samurai.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.20
Jan 31 2024 01:16am
So been desperately looking for an upgrade and seen this on the MP

Obviously I know Swords = Str and Daggers = Dex

Do daggers deal more consistent damage? Is the thing with sword their high damage crits?

Looking for advice. Thanks.

This post was edited by Symptomatic on Jan 31 2024 01:16am
Gold: 25,260.66
Jan 31 2024 01:25am
Most of the people prefer daggers over swords for the consistency. This is also why the gap price is impressive.
After its only you who can decide which gameplay you enjoy.
Some enjoys 2hands some hates.
Jan 31 2024 01:26am
Quote (Tds95 @ Jan 31 2024 02:25am)
Most of the people prefer daggers over swords for the consistency. This is also why the gap price is impressive.
After its only you who can decide which gameplay you enjoy.
Some enjoys 2hands some hates.

I'd just hate to waste fg on something that won't make a difference. I can't make fg for shit 😂 Only have what I have from buying it.
Gold: 8,734.43
Jan 31 2024 04:49am
Quote (Symptomatic @ 31 Jan 2024 20:26)
I'd just hate to waste fg on something that won't make a difference. I can't make fg for shit 😂 Only have what I have from buying it.

You need to choose for yourself whether you want consistency in damage and heal or not... the AVERAGE is the same based on the tier level of the item(s) you CAN choose from (note: certain classes are restricted, even unlocked characters).

Depending on the feeder class and your idea to unlock a paladin, could make you more inclined to use Swords over Daggers, thus using +strength items.

Feeder
Samurai
Paladin

Can use swords, however, depending on your feeder, they may only use Daggers... thus a Rogue is more versatile, because it can use dagger, sword and robes to scale armor.

Do some research... I personally would start off with a Barbarian, the starting stats are great, however, not so good with Dex gear or weapon ratios... however, I choose this over Fighter / Rogue because because of the natural abilities... Retribution & Knockdown.

Wish you well.
Jan 31 2024 05:01am
I'm just more confused than ever now

Maybe I need a break
Gold: 20,039.48
Jan 31 2024 07:01am
Quote (Symptomatic @ Jan 31 2024 11:01am)
I'm just more confused than ever now

Maybe I need a break

reading izparagonzi's posts does that to you.

I think it's pretty obvious from the damage ranges than daggers will be more consistent.

The issue with swords is that only 3 out of 4 points you add to strength adds damage, whilst for daggers 9 out of 10 dex points add damage.
This is partly why the crit rate on swords is higher, however that crit rate doesn't make up for the sheer damage of daggers.

It's generally not recommend to use both swords + daggers on samurai unless you literally put all stats into vitality and have dex/str gear you can swap in.
However as you've noticed, trying to locate a level 50/55 sword is extremely difficult, in short swords are very commonly bought by new players, whom are also the most likely to quit. They're common for new players as they're used on all 3 first classes so its convenient.
When they quit they generally don't resell the gear hence all the 50/55 swords are lost on inactive accounts.

Daggers on the other hand are commonly muted so there's a near infinite supply of all levels of daggers.
They're commonly muted as a 200ee dagger is worth in the regions of 70k, whilst a 200ee sword is only around 30k

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Jan 31 2024 07:02am
Jan 31 2024 07:06am
Well I passed to Paladin so whoops lol. Wish I could edit title. Wondering what the best skills to put points into.
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 31 2024 08:01am)
reading izparagonzi's posts does that to you.

I think it's pretty obvious from the damage ranges than daggers will be more consistent.

The issue with swords is that only 3 out of 4 points you add to strength adds damage, whilst for daggers 9 out of 10 dex points add damage.
This is partly why the crit rate on swords is higher, however that crit rate doesn't make up for the sheer damage of daggers.

It's generally not recommend to use both swords + daggers on samurai unless you literally put all stats into vitality and have dex/str gear you can swap in.
However as you've noticed, trying to locate a level 50/55 sword is extremely difficult, in short swords are very commonly bought by new players, whom are also the most likely to quit. They're common for new players as they're used on all 3 first classes so its convenient.
When they quit they generally don't resell the gear hence all the 50/55 swords are lost on inactive accounts.

Daggers on the other hand are commonly muted so there's a near infinite supply of all levels of daggers.
They're commonly muted as a 200ee dagger is worth in the regions of 70k, whilst a 200ee sword is only around 30k

That's fair. Now I feel like a moron for investing into swords but glad I didn't waste fg on the dagger that I can't use now on my Paladin lol
Gold: 20,039.48
Jan 31 2024 01:34pm
Quote (Symptomatic @ Jan 31 2024 01:06pm)
Well I passed to Paladin so whoops lol. Wish I could edit title. Wondering what the best skills to put points into.

That's fair. Now I feel like a moron for investing into swords but glad I didn't waste fg on the dagger that I can't use now on my Paladin lol

For solo any collection of powerstrike, retribution, two hit back, doublestrike and salvation.

In terms of swords/daggers you'll find a lot of new players fall down that trap and struggle to get mq swords. Perhaps I'll do a post which clarifies this one day.
Gold: 8,734.43
Jan 31 2024 03:19pm
Quote (Symptomatic @ 1 Feb 2024 02:06)

Grats on pass. That level 50 dagger @ 200 fg is damn cheap in my opinion, I would have bought it just in case I got to monk, then can still use with ninja.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll