d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Broken Wrist 1 Year Out
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 550.00
Jan 28 2024 01:00am
I broke my wrist about a year ago and still can have some discomfort/pain. On my bench, I'm doing 25-30% less than what I did 1.5 years ago, and the wrist stops me from doing more cause it will get sore.

I think I need to start doing specific exercises to strengthen the wrist again, but I'm also curious about supplements.

I take 1.5k vit D daily, so I was wondering how good a supplement Calcium is? I consume very little dairy/cheese and think the calcium I get from my diet is very low.

Would it be worth supplementing calcium? Could it also help my distal radius bone?
I'm curious to hear your guys thoughts and maybe if anyone else went through something similar. -Also any good exercises to strengthen it. I broke both distal radius and ulna, but distal probably is what gives me more issues overall.

This post was edited by Rezzakin on Jan 28 2024 01:03am
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 29 2024 11:57am
Broke mine, entire hand was casted to the last digit on my fingers.

I had pain after.... probably because I cut my own cast off twice and the doctor said we could re-break it or just live with it and I decided to live with the improper healing / setting of the bone.

For me after years of normal exercise everything just returned to normal, but I did use wirst-wraps when doing push movements for quite some time. That did it for me. I mean there's still some pain but completely tolerable.

Id recommend a decent set of wrist-wraps.

Almost forgot... I also did buy some grip trainers and I just used it all the time. Sitting at home, chilling on my computer, whatever. I just had it with me and used it. Both a digiflex one and just normal grip trainer.

This post was edited by SBD on Jan 29 2024 12:00pm
Jan 29 2024 02:06pm
Quote (SBD @ Jan 29 2024 12:57pm)
Broke mine, entire hand was casted to the last digit on my fingers.

I had pain after.... probably because I cut my own cast off twice and the doctor said we could re-break it or just live with it and I decided to live with the improper healing / setting of the bone.

For me after years of normal exercise everything just returned to normal, but I did use wirst-wraps when doing push movements for quite some time. That did it for me. I mean there's still some pain but completely tolerable.

Id recommend a decent set of wrist-wraps.

Almost forgot... I also did buy some grip trainers and I just used it all the time. Sitting at home, chilling on my computer, whatever. I just had it with me and used it. Both a digiflex one and just normal grip trainer.

Wow that's really nice to hear about the improvement for you. Mine is obviously not terrible as I'm still lifting weights, just not how I was.

I do have a regular grip trainer, but haven't used it for months now! (Tbh the grip trainer/squeezer sometimes feels weird when exercising with it)

With the wrist-wraps, do you wear them on both wrists? Or just the previously broken one? And any recs on brands

This post was edited by Rezzakin on Jan 29 2024 02:10pm
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 29 2024 02:22pm
Quote (Rezzakin @ Jan 29 2024 01:06pm)
Wow that's really nice to hear about the improvement for you. Mine is obviously not terrible as I'm still lifting weights, just not how I was.

I do have a regular grip trainer, but haven't used it for months now! (Tbh the grip trainer/squeezer sometimes feels weird when exercising with it)

With the wrist-wraps, do you wear them on both wrists? Or just the previously broken one? And any recs on brands

I wear them on both wrists or else it would feel very awkward. I just used the Slingshot ones since Mark Bell was pretty popular around the time I broke mine. But I am sure the Ironbull or some other cheaper ones work just as good.
Jan 29 2024 02:24pm
Quote (SBD @ Jan 29 2024 03:22pm)
I wear them on both wrists or else it would feel very awkward. I just used the Slingshot ones since Mark Bell was pretty popular around the time I broke mine. But I am sure the Ironbull or some other cheaper ones work just as good.

After I wrote that I realized it would be uneven when benching and doing OHP, so makes sense lol! Okay ty I'll take a look at em
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll