d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Lies If P Is The Biggest Surprise In Years
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Jan 27 2024 11:48am
Lies of P is the first big game if an unknown korean Developer.

They made another Soulslike game*yawn Plenty of those exist, not a single one came close to the Quality of FromSoftware.

You play Pinocchio in this one, which didnt really make it more juicy previous to its release*lol

Also Lords of the Fallen released more or less at the same time and was considered to be the better game pre-release, so I had no hopes for LoP.

Since I tend yo play all Soulsgames without exception, I of course bought the game on release day - and couldnt believe what I got here.

This game has From Software Quality, even surpassing the japanese masters in some departements.
They managed to nail the Soulsformula. Their combat is a mix of Bloodborne, Sekiro and Dark souls without feeling like a copy for a split second.

This is nothing but a miracle.

Atmosphere, Story, Weapons - this is all high quality, fun stuff. LoP is my game of the year 2023 and I dont think I will stop playing it any time soon after 4 playthroughs.

What are your thoughts about this one?
Jr Admin
Gold: 248,966.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 27 2024 04:02pm
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I ended up collecting all achievements in it, which I usually only do in FromSoft games.
The parry timing is a bit too tight imo, and could be a bit more forgiving. Could be adjusted to the same parry window as in Sekiro.

Either way though, fantastic game! Looking forward to the sequel.
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Jan 28 2024 10:45am
Quote (lz4 @ Jan 27 2024 11:02pm)
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I ended up collecting all achievements in it, which I usually only do in FromSoft games.
The parry timing is a bit too tight imo, and could be a bit more forgiving. Could be adjusted to the same parry window as in Sekiro.

Either way though, fantastic game! Looking forward to the sequel.

It cant be as easy as in Sekiro to parry, cause it has way more options to have success. I liked parrying in LoP a lot. Its also not that hard.

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Jan 28 2024 10:46am
Go Back To Other Games Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll