d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Does The Body Burn Calories At Different Rates
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 26 2023 07:49am
Quote (JessiWan @ Dec 26 2023 08:32am)
go lift some weights, i know that gives your life meaning

Embarrassing comment.
Gold: 1,453.85
Dec 26 2023 07:50am
Quote (devilslayer @ Dec 26 2023 05:49am)
Embarrassing comment.

*yawn*

got anything else?
Gold: 1,803.00
Dec 27 2023 11:32am
Would it matter if it burned more at different times of the day? It'd still be the same amount over the entire day, regardless. Most calories are burned late afternoon, early evening per a quick google search, but not by a huge amount.

"I could eat pretty much the same amount of food but on different days, and I do this during different times, I get different results"

Are you measuring out your food intake, and really knowing how much you're eating, or are you just estimating, which it would seem from saying "pretty much the same"?

Most people underreport how much they actually eat.

Also regarding the "eating later in day promotes fat gain" study as hinted at by SBD:

tldr:
The study took measurements in the morning for both late feeding and early feeding groups, so the late feeding group had 5 less hours fasted when taking measurements. Likely why the early group lost more overall weight as well as more lean body mass as when you fast for longer, you lose more water.

This post was edited by tommyd323 on Dec 27 2023 11:42am
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 27 2023 12:48pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Dec 27 2023 10:32am)
Would it matter if it burned more at different times of the day? It'd still be the same amount over the entire day, regardless. Most calories are burned late afternoon, early evening per a quick google search, but not by a huge amount.

"I could eat pretty much the same amount of food but on different days, and I do this during different times, I get different results"

Are you measuring out your food intake, and really knowing how much you're eating, or are you just estimating, which it would seem from saying "pretty much the same"?

Most people underreport how much they actually eat.

Also regarding the "eating later in day promotes fat gain" study as hinted at by SBD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYOQ4uH_k0
tldr:
The study took measurements in the morning for both late feeding and early feeding groups, so the late feeding group had 5 less hours fasted when taking measurements. Likely why the early group lost more overall weight as well as more lean body mass as when you fast for longer, you lose more water.

Its not a matter of the same amount of burn though. The question is, is there more or less burn depending on what time of the day you eat the majority of your food and again for those of us with a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise, the evidence suggests there's minimal difference / negligible but for those who are not active, sit all day, no exercise, there's studies, that suggest late eating results in less burn, more fat storage, and less satiation, which will actually result in a higher intake in calories because you're not feeling full.
Gold: 1,803.00
Dec 27 2023 02:07pm
Quote (SBD @ Dec 27 2023 12:48pm)
Its not a matter of the same amount of burn though. The question is, is there more or less burn depending on what time of the day you eat the majority of your food and again for those of us with a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise, the evidence suggests there's minimal difference / negligible but for those who are not active, sit all day, no exercise, there's studies, that suggest late eating results in less burn, more fat storage, and less satiation, which will actually result in a higher intake in calories because you're not feeling full.

If you watched the video, he talks about the study it sounds like you're referencing, and laughed about the "satiation" part, or the part of the study where they measured the "mid-day hunger score", obviously the early eating group had less mid day hunger compared the later eating group.

This study, however, found no difference in fat mass change between the groups.

This post was edited by tommyd323 on Dec 27 2023 02:13pm
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 27 2023 04:49pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Dec 27 2023 01:07pm)
If you watched the video, he talks about the study it sounds like you're referencing, and laughed about the "satiation" part, or the part of the study where they measured the "mid-day hunger score", obviously the early eating group had less mid day hunger compared the later eating group.

This study, however, found no difference in fat mass change between the groups.

Nah the studies I was reading were out of John Hopkins university. The station I was referring to was that late group eating. It was found although those eating later felt also less satisfied later. As in those who fast all day until evening, gorge and then still don't feel satiation dispite the large end of day intake. It did find a difference in fat retention.

Like I said though, it's going to be fairly negligible should you maintain any healthy lifestyle at all and it's likely there's going to be so many other factors that will dictate things mush more so than food intake timings.

This post was edited by SBD on Dec 27 2023 04:50pm
Gold: 500.00
Dec 27 2023 08:21pm
Quote (JessiWan @ 25 Dec 2023 17:46)
I don't go to the gym or do any exercise.

It's never too late to start. The you 20+ years from now will be thanking you if you decide to get into it. ;)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll