d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Ufc Fight Night Betting Discussion
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 120.20
Dec 22 2023 01:17pm

MAGOMED ANKALAEV
VS
JOHNNY WALKER

MATHEUS NICOLAU
VS
MANEL KAPE

RICKY SIMON
VS
MARIO BAUTISTA

PHIL HAWES
VS
BRUNNO FERREIRA

ANDREI ARLOVSKI
VS
WALDO CORTES-ACOSTA

BASSIL HAFEZ
VS
PRESTON PARSONS

MARCUS MCGHEE
VS
GASTON BOLANOS

YANA SANTOS
VS
NORMA DUMONT

FARID BASHARAT
VS
TAYLOR LAPILUS

GABRIEL SANTOS
VS
WESTIN WILSON

NIKOLAS MOTTA
VS
TOM NOLAN

FELIPE BUNES
VS
DENYS BONDAR

this thread is here for discussion on the next ufc event and where the money should be wagerd, post you picks, post who you thinks and why is going to win
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Dec 28 2023 08:20pm
Walker has a good shot. Walker outstruck Smith by a lot and Smith outstruck Spann. He going to have like a 6-8 inch reach advantage and is the bigger guy. He has a lot of power too. No shame in losing to Hill. Hill is a natural born killer. Pereira is probably going to lose to Hill as long as his leg doesn’t get chewed up like Jiri’s did. If Walker can stuff a double leg takedown then it’s a stand up fight and I think he’s got more power and better striking. It’s a 5 round fight. Unless Ankalaev can wrestle and chooses to wrestle for 3 of the 5 rounds, it’s Ankalaev’s fight to lose. Ankalaev might choose to strike with Walker like he did against Jan. If Walker is smart, he will keep his kicks low and plentiful, bring the fight to Ankalaev and fight his fight.
Dec 29 2023 02:16am
Quote (TODDZI11A @ Dec 28 2023 07:20pm)
Walker has a good shot. Walker outstruck Smith by a lot and Smith outstruck Spann. He going to have like a 6-8 inch reach advantage and is the bigger guy. He has a lot of power too. No shame in losing to Hill. Hill is a natural born killer. Pereira is probably going to lose to Hill as long as his leg doesn’t get chewed up like Jiri’s did. If Walker can stuff a double leg takedown then it’s a stand up fight and I think he’s got more power and better striking. It’s a 5 round fight. Unless Ankalaev can wrestle and chooses to wrestle for 3 of the 5 rounds, it’s Ankalaev’s fight to lose. Ankalaev might choose to strike with Walker like he did against Jan. If Walker is smart, he will keep his kicks low and plentiful, bring the fight to Ankalaev and fight his fight.

ankalaev is like a -500 for a reason, the first time around they fought walker looked for a way out, i hope walker has a good game plan here. ankalaev would be dumb af if he didn’t take it to the ground lol. that’s how he wins fights by laying on the dude

i hope walker pulls it off, doubtful tho

MAGOMED ANKALAEV
VS
JOHNNY WALKER good luck pal doubtful be never know prob put money in odds here 100% bettin overs here

MATHEUS NICOLAU
VS
MANEL KAPE over rated? idk

RICKY SIMON win within the distance
VS
MARIO BAUTISTA

PHIL HAWES
VS
BRUNNO FERREIRA ml win

ANDREI ARLOVSKI old as fck
VS
WALDO CORTES-ACOSTA should win by flying colors

MARCUS MCGHEE
VS
GASTON BOLANOS imagine being named gaston and bring +200? ok maybe but prob just avoid

YANA SANTOS
VS tie / goes decision / wmma joke
NORMA DUMONT

FARID BASHARAT ml win
VS
TAYLOR LAPILUS

NIKOLAS MOTTA ml win
VS
TOM NOLAN

This post was edited by Arffer on Dec 29 2023 02:16am
Dec 29 2023 02:49am
Quote (Arffer @ Dec 29 2023 02:16am)
ankalaev is like a -500 for a reason, the first time around they fought walker looked for a way out, i hope walker has a good game plan here. ankalaev would be dumb af if he didn’t take it to the ground lol. that’s how he wins fights by laying on the dude

MAGOMED ANKALAEV
VS
JOHNNY WALKER good luck pal doubtful be never know prob put money in odds here 100% bettin overs here

MATHEUS NICOLAU
VS

VS
MARIO BAUTISTA

PHIL HAWES
VS
BRUNNO FERREIRA ml win

VS

MARCUS MCGHEE
VS
GASTON BOLANOS imagine being named gaston and bring +200? ok maybe but prob just avoid

YANA SANTOS
NORMA DUMONT

FARID BASHARAT ml win
VS
TAYLOR LAPILUS

NIKOLAS MOTTA ml win
VS
TOM NOLAN

I disagree about him looking for a way out. The ref didn’t really understand what was going on and you have to consider that he had taken a knee to the head. Not to mention that the ref’s question was “where are we?” and he said, “idk the desert” in frustration, which as technically correct as Abu Dhabi is a desert. Ref gave him minimal time to recover. A knee to the head is no joke. It’s illegal for a reason when you’re down. But he shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with which worries me. He wasn’t taken down though and Ankalaev was forced to strike him which gives me hope for Walker.

These odds makers are smart nowadays. Ankalaev has wrestling in the back pocket but Walker is a good grappler. I just hope Walker isn’t willing to fight off his back. Walker needs to stuff a takedown and take top position but I don’t see him doing that. I think they strike and when Ankalaev realizes he is in danger on the feet he will shoot a takedown, maybe chain wrestle. May seem like a long shot but I think Johnny is underrated right now. He is gaining a second wind in his career and Ankalaev brings it but his leg was being chewed up by Jan. If Walker considers how he ended up in the downward position and Jan’s gameplan against him, I think he can create a plan of attack that will snatch at least 2 rounds. I see this playing out like the Jan fight with better grappling. Ankalaev is overrated imo, but we’ll see who brings it.
Dec 29 2023 09:28am
Quote (Arffer @ Dec 29 2023 02:16am)

MAGOMED ANKALAEV
VS

MATHEUS NICOLAU
VS

VS
MARIO BAUTISTA

PHIL HAWES
VS
BRUNNO FERREIRA ml win

VS

MARCUS MCGHEE
VS

YANA SANTOS
NORMA DUMONT

FARID BASHARAT ml win
VS
TAYLOR LAPILUS

NIKOLAS MOTTA ml win
VS
TOM NOLAN

Marcus by first round KO. I think they’re building him up imo but I haven’t seen Gaston Bolanos fight so I can’t say for certain. Seems like a no-name feed. Tim Welch in his corner and Mario is on the card. Those guys show up against no-name fighters.

Ricky by wrestlefuck to decision. If blackshear can take Bautista down on short notice then Ricky is going to ride him unless Ricky regressed but I doubt that. Mario is game and pretty good everywhere but Ricky has very good wrestling. Even though he wasn’t able to take Song Ya Dong down who is very strong and athletic Bautista is just a slightly lesser version. Ricky should be able to get the decision win. The only thing is that Ricky isn’t very active. Tim Welch could figure out a good game plan to beat Ricky. It could be a coin flip if Ricky’s wrestling doesn’t hold up. His striking didn’t look very good against Song but Songs power was the difference. I wouldn’t put any money on this fight unless it’s FTGTD.

Waldo-Acosta has decent striking for a heavy weight. Kind of sloppy but high volume and good cardio, tough too. Arlovski shouldn’t be much of a threat at this point. Waldo by a coasting decision. Agree with you.

Matheus should beat Kape again. It’s a rematch. Even though Matheus is coming off a KO loss to back in April, I think Matheus is better everywhere. Just has to stay out of danger and he should win a close decision. Should be close though. Kape’s last opponent was game and came in on short notice and made it somewhat close. Was a debutant and outstruck Kape but Kape landed the better shots.

Bruno Ferreira has good power and Hawes is chinny. If Bruno shows up then I can see Bruno getting another round 1 or 2 KO/TKO. Hawes has lost his last 3 of 4 by KO and his 1 win in those 4 was Deron Wynn who isn’t even in the UFC anymore.
Dec 29 2023 12:31pm
Quote (TODDZI11A @ Dec 29 2023 08:28am)
Marcus by first round KO. I think they’re building him up imo but I haven’t seen Gaston Bolanos fight so I can’t say for certain. Seems like a no-name feed. Tim Welch in his corner and Mario is on the card. Those guys show up against no-name fighters.

Ricky by wrestlefuck to decision. If blackshear can take Bautista down on short notice then Ricky is going to ride him unless Ricky regressed but I doubt that. Mario is game and pretty good everywhere but Ricky has very good wrestling. Even though he wasn’t able to take Song Ya Dong down who is very strong and athletic Bautista is just a slightly lesser version. Ricky should be able to get the decision win. The only thing is that Ricky isn’t very active. Tim Welch could figure out a good game plan to beat Ricky. It could be a coin flip if Ricky’s wrestling doesn’t hold up. His striking didn’t look very good against Song but Songs power was the difference. I wouldn’t put any money on this fight unless it’s FTGTD.

Waldo-Acosta has decent striking for a heavy weight. Kind of sloppy but high volume and good cardio, tough too. Arlovski shouldn’t be much of a threat at this point. Waldo by a coasting decision. Agree with you.

Matheus should beat Kape again. It’s a rematch. Even though Matheus is coming off a KO loss to back in April, I think Matheus is better everywhere. Just has to stay out of danger and he should win a close decision. Should be close though. Kape’s last opponent was game and came in on short notice and made it somewhat close. Was a debutant and outstruck Kape but Kape landed the better shots.

Bruno Ferreira has good power and Hawes is chinny. If Bruno shows up then I can see Bruno getting another round 1 or 2 KO/TKO. Hawes has lost his last 3 of 4 by KO and his 1 win in those 4 was Deron Wynn who isn’t even in the UFC anymore.

didn’t know mario was getting cornered by welch, i’m 100% taking bautista now lol good discussion i’ll read the rest later
Dec 29 2023 01:20pm
Quote (Arffer @ Dec 29 2023 12:31pm)
didn’t know mario was getting cornered by welch, i’m 100% taking bautista now lol good discussion i’ll read the rest later

Yep, Mario Bautista and Marcus McGhee are both from the MMA Lab with Tim Welch and Suga Sean. Agreed! I’m hoping to play the books when the time comes. Bring on the monies. I’m interested in a parlay and maybe a ML or two.
Dec 29 2023 04:02pm
Quote (TODDZI11A @ Dec 29 2023 12:20pm)
Yep, Mario Bautista and Marcus McGhee are both from the MMA Lab with Tim Welch and Suga Sean. Agreed! I’m hoping to play the books when the time comes. Bring on the monies. I’m interested in a parlay and maybe a ML or two.

huge fan of timmwelch mma mind, however he is recovering from acl surgery himself and doesn’t appear to be 100% commited to training fighters. not saying he won’t come up with a solid game plan. the more i look at this fight the more i like mario as the underdog

i think mcgee is getting old and got fed a can last few. his record is 8-1 and we’ll idk if this is the fight he loses cause i dono who bolanos is but he kinda looks like a killer? idk i prob guna stay away from this fight, if anything i’m going to toss money on both fighters round 1& 2 knock out as i think it is going to go under

bolanos 31 years old and has a ton of fights under his belt so i think i’m going to take him over mcgee

Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll