d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Yemen Vs Operation Prosperity Guardian
Prev1101112131417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 12 2024 12:28pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 12 2024 11:45am)
Your entire argument requires assuming that the CIA did a coup, which they didn't, and the ones who gained the keys to power to install political actors were all Nazis, they aren't. There is definitely a faction of Nazi aligned people in Ukraine, but they aren't by any stretch the ones actually pulling the strings. You know this though, you're just doing that thing you always do. You know, where you lie about easily verifiable information.

"all Nazis"? "CIA did a coup"?
Whats the adage about how many people sit down at a table with a Nazi and how many Nazis stand back up? Are we going by the same standard as god counting the honest men in sodom and gomorrah?
A substantive portion of the Ukrainian power structure and active military were literal Nazis. They represented a wide swathe of the public. Fortunately many of them are now dead. I don't make a distinction between a "faction" of Nazis in Ukraine and whether they are 'all' Nazis. They used Nazi death squads to hunt journalists and Nazis were committing war crimes in the modern day, that's enough for me to say fuck em all. I don't support the Nazis. Likewise, what % of officials in the Maidan have to be hand picked by CIA operatives to call it CIA backed? When a western color revolution overthrows a government in the name of killing the eastern aligned figures and allying with the west, and the CIA's fingerprints are all over it, I'm not going to make a distinction about what percent of actors on the ground are nationalist pawns and what percent are western agitators. The results are the same.

I don't need to make excuses for Nazis, thats the difference here. Don't need to tie myself into knots trying to excuse the fact we're shipping heavy weaponry to folks with swastikas tattooed on their heads who go out and bomb medics and perfidiously break treaties and execute prisoners of war. I'm not required to take a side in a fight between Russians and Nazis, but I'm sure as heck not going to make excuses for the Nazis
Gold: 65.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 12 2024 01:18pm
Memestrikes: over
Pool status: still closed.

The first thing Ansarallah did was thank the great Satan for bombing them. They felt embarrassed that it was only the Palestinians being bombed so now they feel at home.

The next thing they did was show pictures of the explosions and showed that some of these targets have been bombed before in 2015.

Every American and British asset is now fair game, all because zog doesn't want aid to flow into Gaza. Yall can get back to trying to figure out who the actual nazis are.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 12 2024 01:23pm
Quote (zorzin @ Jan 12 2024 09:18pm)
Memestrikes: over
Pool status: still closed.

The first thing Ansarallah did was thank the great Satan for bombing them. They felt embarrassed that it was only the Palestinians being bombed so now they feel at home.

The next thing they did was show pictures of the explosions and showed that some of these targets have been bombed before in 2015.

Every American and British asset is now fair game, all because zog doesn't want aid to flow into Gaza. Yall can get back to trying to figure out who the actual nazis are.

The slogan of the Houthis reads "God Is the Greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, A Curse Upon the Jews,Victory to Islam”.
Pretty easy to see who the true nazis are tbh..
Gold: 65.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 12 2024 02:01pm
Quote (WhiteSouned @ Jan 12 2024 02:23pm)
The slogan of the Houthis reads "God Is the Greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, A Curse Upon the Jews,Victory to Islam”.
Pretty easy to see who the true nazis are tbh..

They are by far the most noble people on planet earth right now.

You can't call everyone you don't like a nazi or call everything you don't like anti Semitic. All these attacks have strengthened Ansarallahs resolve and shown that the US can't bomb their way out of reopening the Red Sea.
Gold: 11,571.00
Jan 12 2024 02:50pm
To me this remains a losing proposition for the west. Iran, China, and pretty much all our adversaries are laughing as we hurl 1+Million dollar/each missiles at goat herdsmen which they value as next to nothing. How long do you think we can keep this up before we realize, similarly to Afghanistan, that we have no shot of eradicating them and every time we bomb one of these places 1000 more 'death to America' stalks sprout? Idk maybe I'm wrong, maybe the next 10 trillion dollars will have a different result this time.
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 12 2024 03:09pm
Quote (zorzin @ Dec 21 2023 08:36pm)
I've been advised by a good friend to make this topic!

This thread should be about the ongoing blockade by the Houthis in the Red Sea and the response from Operation Prosperity Guardian. The economic devastation that is being caused as well as the military assets involved should be the main topic of conversation!

So let's get the ball rolling:
(France is apparently bailing already)
https://i.postimg.cc/wTT44YZv/1703210597171805m-1.jpg

The world doesn't need Evergreen sailing through there anyways. They'll just get their stupid ship stuck.
Gold: 260.11
Jan 12 2024 03:23pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 12 2024 02:50pm)
To me this remains a losing proposition for the west. Iran, China, and pretty much all our adversaries are laughing as we hurl 1+Million dollar/each missiles at goat herdsmen which they value as next to nothing. How long do you think we can keep this up before we realize, similarly to Afghanistan, that we have no shot of eradicating them and every time we bomb one of these places 1000 more 'death to America' stalks sprout? Idk maybe I'm wrong, maybe the next 10 trillion dollars will have a different result this time.

This operation, as it is right now at least, actually has a real and tangible end goal. Protection of maritime trade.

If can certainly expand into a clusterfuck, but as it is now it's not really akin to our previous middle east debacles.
Jan 12 2024 03:44pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 12 2024 04:23pm)
This operation, as it is right now at least, actually has a real and tangible end goal. Protection of maritime trade.

If can certainly expand into a clusterfuck, but as it is now it's not really akin to our previous middle east debacles.

This assumes that it will not grow in scope. What happens when the Houthis are not fazed by a few dozen bombings? Are we going to have a permanent carrier group parked in the Red Sea intercepting flying lawnmowers for the next 10 years?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jan 12 2024 03:45pm
Gold: 260.11
Jan 12 2024 03:50pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 12 2024 03:44pm)
This assumes that it will not grow in scope. What happens when the Houthis are not fazed by a few dozen bombings? Are we going to have a permanent carrier group parked in the Red Sea intercepting flying lawnmowers for the next 10 years?

My dawg, I didn't assume anything. I said "as it is right now at least" and "it can certainly expand into a clusterfuck".

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jan 12 2024 03:50pm
Jan 12 2024 03:55pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 12 2024 04:50pm)
My dawg, I didn't assume anything. I said "as it is right now at least" and "it can certainly expand into a clusterfuck". Just take the agreement when it presents itself.

The end goal is to get them to stop. The mechanism to get them to stop is to first threaten or else, when that didn't work we followed up on our threats. So now, we sit, expecting rational actors to behave rationally out of self preservation. Except they're not rational actors but zealots with nothing to lose and when they see American bombs dropped on their heads, it only serves as a rallying cry for the thousands of others.

So the goal of getting them to stop is going to fail even before it started. And I'm not saying do nothing, I'm just pontificating. It's a shit scenario which ever way you move. Only optimal scenario is if by magical means they become self preserving actors.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jan 12 2024 03:57pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1101112131417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll