d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Amount Of Xp Lost Per Death Based On Class
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: Locked
Nov 6 2023 01:49pm
Can any representatives of each unlocked class confirm this? I have Samurai unlocked and lose from 98% to 78%

Is it 10% per unlocked class, feeder 10, alchemist 70? Ty
Gold: 22,328.48
Nov 6 2023 05:25pm
it is not. don't know the exact numbers but pretty sure alchemist is 33%
also, it's dependent on how many classes you've unlocked, not which class you're currently using, so if you unlock an alchemist, use that same character to reroll as a barb you still lose 33% of prof and exp.

it's along the lines of
no classes unlocked: 10%
samurai unlocked: 15%
paladin unlocked: 20%
Monk unlocked: 24%
Ninja unlocked: 27%
Headhunter unlocked: 30%
alchemist unlocked: 33%

i've died as alch before and i'm reasonably sure that was 33%
Banned
Nov 7 2023 02:56pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Nov 6 2023 11:25pm)
it is not. don't know the exact numbers but pretty sure alchemist is 33%
also, it's dependent on how many classes you've unlocked, not which class you're currently using, so if you unlock an alchemist, use that same character to reroll as a barb you still lose 33% of prof and exp.

it's along the lines of
no classes unlocked: 10%
samurai unlocked: 15%
paladin unlocked: 20%
Monk unlocked: 24%
Ninja unlocked: 27%
Headhunter unlocked: 30%
alchemist unlocked: 33%

i've died as alch before and i'm reasonably sure that was 33%

Cheers for that, I was hoping it's a bit more, idk why doesn't it just go to 0% after 1 death tbh you shouldn't be dieing anyway and would make death farm less tedious
Nov 7 2023 03:26pm
Quote (woofer14 @ Nov 7 2023 08:56pm)
Cheers for that, I was hoping it's a bit more, idk why doesn't it just go to 0% after 1 death tbh you shouldn't be dieing anyway and would make death farm less tedious

Death farming should he tedious as its basically exploiting the ability to stick at the same level.

Arguably should lose 0% exp so that people can't do it.

Hardcore has to live without it, so why not softcore?
Gold: 8,924.43
Nov 8 2023 01:33am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 8 Nov 2023 10:26)
Death farming should he tedious as its basically exploiting the ability to stick at the same level.

Arguably should lose 0% exp so that people can't do it.

Hardcore has to live without it, so why not softcore?

Like the post. I got lost in the explanation.

Are you trying to say that a "Death" on SC result in 100% loss of gained Experience AND Prof points? (during that 1 level)

I would think that would be the best result know matter what character you unlocked. You die, you lose XP + all Prof points and reset to 0 for SC.

I could be wrong in your post of 0%.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Nov 8 2023 01:34am
Nov 8 2023 01:42am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Nov 8 2023 07:33am)
Like the post. I got lost in the explanation.

Are you trying to say that a "Death" on SC result in 100% loss of gained Experience AND Prof points? (during that 1 level)

I would think that would be the best result know matter what character you unlocked. You die, you lose XP + all Prof points and reset to 0 for SC.

I could be wrong in your post of 0%.

yes you've completely misread my comment. i'm suggest you lose no exp whatsoever.

softcore should remain softcore in the sense you keep practically everything on death. Not entirely sure why we need to lose prof on death either
Nov 8 2023 03:11am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 8 Nov 2023 20:42)
yes you've completely misread my comment. i'm suggest you lose no exp whatsoever.

softcore should remain softcore in the sense you keep practically everything on death. Not entirely sure why we need to lose prof on death either

Okay... I got it now... so even with a Death they still Level up and keep the Prof points they gained, but there can be no "Item" hunting on SC.

My point was that you could still "Item" hunt on SC, but you never gain prof ranks or experience.

In a sense... both ideas work ... and maybe that is why they have a % loss (exp / prof) on SC ... wouldn't you think this is the average?

But again, as you pointed out, Death farming is an Exploit for SC

EDIT: to kill the exploit of "Death Farming" on SC is real simple... if you die... you don't get any drops, prof points or experience if you died twice in that level. Or... how about a 24 hour limit on the Death.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Nov 8 2023 03:16am
Banned
Nov 8 2023 03:33am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Nov 8 2023 09:11am)
Okay... I got it now... so even with a Death they still Level up and keep the Prof points they gained, but there can be no "Item" hunting on SC.

My point was that you could still "Item" hunt on SC, but you never gain prof ranks or experience.

In a sense... both ideas work ... and maybe that is why they have a % loss (exp / prof) on SC ... wouldn't you think this is the average?

EDIT: to kill the exploit of "Death Farming" on SC is real simple... if you die... you don't get any drops, prof points or experience if you died twice in that level. Or... how about a 24 hour limit on the Death.

Currently how death farming works is you farm at a certain level until your hp runs out or you get to 97% xp, when either occurs you die and keep dieing until xp is at a certain low level based on personal preference. My suggestion was to just have to do it once and go to 0%. I don't think it's an exploit, you sacrifice unlocking better classes and gaining prof for better average drop rate

This post was edited by woofer14 on Nov 8 2023 03:34am
Nov 8 2023 04:07am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Nov 8 2023 09:11am)

i'm not sure why you care about softcore anyway. Makes no difference to you whatsoever as far as i can tell.
didn't go as far as to call it an exploit either, these are the intended game mechanics and people are using them to gain an advantage.
if it's not intended then they can easily fix it
Nov 8 2023 06:53am
Quote (woofer14 @ 8 Nov 2023 22:33)
Currently how death farming works is you farm at a certain level until your hp runs out or you get to 97% xp, when either occurs you die and keep dieing until xp is at a certain low level based on personal preference. My suggestion was to just have to do it once and go to 0%. I don't think it's an exploit, you sacrifice unlocking better classes and gaining prof for better average drop rate

When you Death farm, you lose experience... correct, however you also lose Melee/cast prof points as well at a certain %... you are only talking about experience and not realizing you lose Prof points by %. ... so... go to 0% experience from a death, also means gaining 0% prof points in my opinion.

Quote (Bigheaded @ 8 Nov 2023 23:07)
i'm not sure why you care about softcore anyway. Makes no difference to you whatsoever as far as i can tell.
didn't go as far as to call it an exploit either, these are the intended game mechanics and people are using them to gain an advantage.
if it's not intended then they can easily fix it

True... but then, there are a ton of stuff that got nerfed because they were deemed exploits when they weren't ... like having a higher level character in your run and drop & drop quality rates were reduced (still current) and also including experience gain. There are other things... none of them count now with updates during that time, however... death farming was a thing of the past on SC before when I was playing it ... but it was different because the Well was in town, and you just made a Mage or other caster to progress and die multiple times... again... HC could not do that, but at least they could try to keep up...NOT now.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll