d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Games Not Available Anymore
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Oct 22 2023 11:27pm
Hey there!

I have Game Pass Ultimate basically forever at this point and realized last week that some of Game Pass Downloads won't start anymore.

The Game Icons of those games show a triangle with an exclamation point in the lower right corner and when I click on the games (Mortal Shell, The Ascent, Witcher 3) is says (translated from my native language) :

Owner has to log in.
If this is a trial version, you have to purchase the product in the Microsoft Store.

I am logged in of course. I see my personal icon and everything, my name is displayed in the left upper corner and it also still says "Ultimate" besides my name.

Does anyone know whats going on? I have a lot more Game Pass games on the account and they all still work.
Gold: 615.00
Oct 27 2023 04:43am
They take games off of gamepass all the time. Go to gamepass hub and select 'view all' to see all games currently available for you. Mortal shell wasn't in the list for me. If the game in question isn't there, you cant play it even if it's still installed Unless someone who owns it signs in or you insert a disc, hence why you're seeing the message.

There's no guarantees that any given game will always be on gamepass, so it's highly recommended to always play through and finish any games you're playing via gamepass before they get removed. Im grinding darktide because of this since im not really interested in buying it later.

In a similar vein, games that get removed can end up getting re-added again. Ive seen mortal shell removed and added again a few months later, so it could come back if you don't wanna buy it just yet.

The only guarantee to have constant access to any game is to just outright buy it. Best to wait for online sale or get cheap discs somewhere

TlDr; you don't have the right, o, you don't have the right

This post was edited by BlargBro on Oct 27 2023 04:44am
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Oct 27 2023 05:04am
Quote (BlargBro @ Oct 27 2023 12:43pm)
They take games off of gamepass all the time. Go to gamepass hub and select 'view all' to see all games currently available for you. Mortal shell wasn't in the list for me. If the game in question isn't there, you cant play it even if it's still installed Unless someone who owns it signs in or you insert a disc, hence why you're seeing the message.

There's no guarantees that any given game will always be on gamepass, so it's highly recommended to always play through and finish any games you're playing via gamepass before they get removed. Im grinding darktide because of this since im not really interested in buying it later.

In a similar vein, games that get removed can end up getting re-added again. Ive seen mortal shell removed and added again a few months later, so it could come back if you don't wanna buy it just yet.

The only guarantee to have constant access to any game is to just outright buy it. Best to wait for online sale or get cheap discs somewhere

TlDr; you don't have the right, o, you don't have the right

Thx man, I didnt know that. I thought that Games donwloaded via Game Pass are always mine - even when they leave Game Pass at a later date.
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll