d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > How True Is This Statement
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Oct 21 2023 07:06pm
"Why is there a cultural imperative for men that is rooted in dominance, authority, and control? Not everybody wants to be in their relationship like that. A lot of men are looking for a partner to be emotionally vulnerable with."

Does the above resonate with you?
Gold: 6,723.69
Oct 29 2023 04:14am
No. I'm not specifically "looking" for it. What one wants from a partner differs per personality traits, interaction between those traits (i.e. "the balance" of your traits), the interaction with the partner's traits and context. The combinations, as you can imagine, are infinite.
For me and my partner, I can be perfectly emotionally vulnerable with her. And at the same time, it is safe to say that I am generally the authority within the relationship. I'm not looking for one or the other, it's just the interaction we have at a given time. I'm sure, if I had a different partner, I would have a completely different interaction with that partner.
Whether society thinks this-or-that about relationships shouldn't matter. It's none of anyone's beewax until either partner's safety or health is endangered within a relationship.
Gold: 24,401.05
Nov 21 2023 01:48am
No. It's a very strangely formulated sentence. I think the better question is why are men not leading.

Management is about doing Things Right. Leadership is about doing the Right Things. As men we should be spending time making goals, planning, and executing our todos.

As we lead ourselves, we can extend that leadership to others (including women), not as a dominance, but as a sanctuary (easy mode).

Women own 80% of the debt in America. All media focuses on women (to sell them stuff). All politicians market to women (emotional arguments).

This post was edited by BlondeKnight007 on Nov 21 2023 01:59am
Gold: 1.69
Nov 22 2023 01:23am
To a degree. I don’t think like others and assume that either sex is guaranteed to be one way or another in relationships. Nowadays you can be in your late twenties and meet a woman who works alongside you. Stay at home wife is a thing of the past. Men and woman are both prone to get complacent in such a life. Working towards a goal together and supporting each other, and to reference above…. BOTH can be leaders… lead in your own area of strength.
Gold: 14.58
Nov 30 2023 07:17pm
Not at all
Gold: 0.95
Warn: 10%
Dec 10 2023 02:55pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 22 2023 02:06am)
"Why is there a cultural imperative for men that is rooted in dominance, authority, and control? Not everybody wants to be in their relationship like that. A lot of men are looking for a partner to be emotionally vulnerable with."

Does the above resonate with you?

Only nice guys and simps want to be emotionally vulnerable with a women, because that’s what they THINK women want. It’s unhealthy supplicating behavior.

What women truly want is a man with their balls intact, who’s not a pushover and knows how to lead and make decisions. A guy who’s emotionally strong. Women want to be weak and submissive but they can’t because most men are weak.
Gold: 1,453.85
Dec 10 2023 03:03pm
Quote (NMMNG @ Dec 10 2023 12:55pm)
Only nice guys and simps want to be emotionally vulnerable with a women, because that’s what they THINK women want. It’s unhealthy supplicating behavior.

"Supplicating"...it sounds like what you would find in PUA talk, no offense.

What women truly want is a man with their balls intact, who’s not a pushover and knows how to lead and make decisions. A guy who’s emotionally strong. Women want to be weak and submissive but they can’t because most men are weak.

I am not saying that women like weaklings. But being strong and in control all the time is simply not normal behavior. We all have vulnerable moments, that's just being human, and men are no exception.

I think the right strategy for a guy is to be emotionally stable, but once in a while when he's with his wife/girlfriend, he should show his softer side. Nobody wants to be with an emotional Mount Rushmore all the time.
Dec 10 2023 03:36pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Dec 10 2023 10:03pm)
"Supplicating"...it sounds like what you would find in PUA talk, no offense.

I am not saying that women like weaklings. But being strong and in control all the time is simply not normal behavior. We all have vulnerable moments, that's just being human, and men are no exception.

I think the right strategy for a guy is to be emotionally stable, but once in a while when he's with his wife/girlfriend, he should show his softer side. Nobody wants to be with an emotional Mount Rushmore all the time.

As a man as soon as you get emotional and share a vulnerability women will take a mental note. If this happens too often it will slowly kill all attraction and respect. I don’t have to explain that’s not a good place to be in.

You’re right there needs to be a healthy balance. If you’re stoic all the time eventually women will leave you because you’re too difficult.
Gold: 10,402.00
Dec 28 2023 03:40pm
Quote (NMMNG @ Dec 10 2023 04:36pm)
As a man as soon as you get emotional and share a vulnerability women will take a mental note. If this happens too often it will slowly kill all attraction and respect. I don’t have to explain that’s not a good place to be in.

You’re right there needs to be a healthy balance. If you’re stoic all the time eventually women will leave you because you’re too difficult.

she gonna leave when shes done regardless, for one reason or the other, after getting what she wanted
Dec 28 2023 04:35pm
Quote (Mahtava @ Dec 28 2023 10:40pm)
she gonna leave when shes done regardless, for one reason or the other, after getting what she wanted

That’s why you should always have her invest in you. She has to make more effort than you. Atleast 60/40.

And make sure you’re her best option:
- keep lifting
- dress well
- smell nice

Keep improving yourself in all areas of life.

Women are so backwards. The better you treat her the worst she treats you. Use this knowledge to your advantage. Most guys don’t want drama so they accept disrespect and even reward it with expensive gifts.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll