d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Abbotsford Seems Kind Of Nice
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,575.01
Warn: 10%
Oct 25 2023 10:40pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 25 2023 05:39pm)
:lol:

I have heard that Surrey has a lot of violence in general and especially domestic violence. But I don't want to say anything racist :P

It certainly has alot of violence, though I'm not very familiar where it comes from, there are a ton of white trash crackheads, usually the natives cause the most violence but again idk the demographics or situation in Surrey
Gold: 1.00
Oct 26 2023 11:03am
If I'm living in BC I think it would have to be around the Golden, Revelstoke or Nelson areas.

Ill probably buy a place on a ski hill in the next few years to have as a winter vacation spot, maybe Red. See how the AirBnB restrictions play out in BC, presumably the Province will hold out on its word and resort areas will be off limits to the restrictions.

I typically ski big white a few weeks per year , just come down and rent a ski in ski out bachelor for a few weeks but that skihill is pumping vastly more money into real estate expansion over actual hill development with the hill development plans being in place for , the past 15 years maybe and nothing's been done so as much as I enjoy that mountain, especially Gem side, I think id have to buy elsewhere.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 26 2023 11:04am
Gold: 1,453.85
Oct 26 2023 02:51pm
Quote (SBD @ Oct 26 2023 10:03am)
If I'm living in BC I think it would have to be around the Golden, Revelstoke or Nelson areas.

Ill probably buy a place on a ski hill in the next few years to have as a winter vacation spot, maybe Red. See how the AirBnB restrictions play out in BC, presumably the Province will hold out on its word and resort areas will be off limits to the restrictions.

I typically ski big white a few weeks per year , just come down and rent a ski in ski out bachelor for a few weeks but that skihill is pumping vastly more money into real estate expansion over actual hill development with the hill development plans being in place for , the past 15 years maybe and nothing's been done so as much as I enjoy that mountain, especially Gem side, I think id have to buy elsewhere.

It sounds like you've been to every province.
Oct 26 2023 03:11pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 26 2023 02:51pm)
It sounds like you've been to every province.

Most.
Oct 26 2023 04:05pm
Quote (SBD @ Oct 26 2023 02:11pm)
Most.

I have lived in Ontario and BC. I have been to Banff but I don't think it counts, I was there for like one day. Right now I kind of want to visit Calgary and interior BC.
Oct 26 2023 05:44pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 26 2023 04:05pm)
I have lived in Ontario and BC. I have been to Banff but I don't think it counts, I was there for like one day. Right now I kind of want to visit Calgary and interior BC.

I mean if you're willing to try other cities there's vastly more affordable spots than the Greater Vancouver Area that Abbotsford is essentially in. You can buy a pretty large condo right now in Edmonton for 220K in totally reasonable areas.

I'd wager it would appreciate well as well since there's been pretty significant immigration and that's pushed up Winnipeg realestate, Regina realestate, Calgary, etc. I think you will see that same boon hit Edmonton.
Oct 27 2023 08:07am
Quote (SBD @ Oct 26 2023 04:44pm)
I mean if you're willing to try other cities there's vastly more affordable spots than the Greater Vancouver Area that Abbotsford is essentially in. You can buy a pretty large condo right now in Edmonton for 220K in totally reasonable areas.

I'd wager it would appreciate well as well since there's been pretty significant immigration and that's pushed up Winnipeg realestate, Regina realestate, Calgary, etc. I think you will see that same boon hit Edmonton.

Maybe you can buy a condo in Edmonton. You have a lot of money.

Actually, buy a condo in Calgary. I will rent from you.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Oct 27 2023 08:14am
Oct 27 2023 08:25am
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 27 2023 08:07am)
Maybe you can buy a condo in Edmonton. You have a lot of money.

Actually, buy a condo in Calgary. I will rent from you.

But you're talking about potentially buying a place in Abbotsford, or your previous post in this section was buying a condo in Burnaby. Edmonton is 1/5th the price.

If you're willing to pay CMHC insurance because you can't afford 20% down on a 250k condo you could put as low as 5%. Obviously interest rates are high right now so that's no ideal but it's still affordable by comparison to our other highly inflated areas in Canada and frankly if you still don't want to be home poor that's typically 250k for a three bedroom, you could rent the other two rooms.

If I was going to university at University of Alberta or something right now it would be a no brainer for me. Buy, rent two rooms to buddies.

You were considering going back to school, that's the avenue I'd certainly consider if I was going back for a 4 year bachelor somewhere.

Oct 27 2023 09:01am
Quote (SBD @ Oct 27 2023 07:25am)
But you're talking about potentially buying a place in Abbotsford, or your previous post in this section was buying a condo in Burnaby. Edmonton is 1/5th the price.

If you're willing to pay CMHC insurance because you can't afford 20% down on a 250k condo you could put as low as 5%. Obviously interest rates are high right now so that's no ideal but it's still affordable by comparison to our other highly inflated areas in Canada and frankly if you still don't want to be home poor that's typically 250k for a three bedroom, you could rent the other two rooms.

If I was going to university at University of Alberta or something right now it would be a no brainer for me. Buy, rent two rooms to buddies.

You were considering going back to school, that's the avenue I'd certainly consider if I was going back for a 4 year bachelor somewhere.

I've been thinking about that. I enjoy learning about languages (especially English), history and philosophy. But I also want to be realistic, I want to study something practical so I can find a job when I graduate. I am not gonna go to a university for 4 years to get a degree in philosophy.

But all the profitable degrees all sound so boring. Computers, finances, mechanic, the healthcare field...etc. None of them captures my interest. Sometimes I feel very pessimistic and think that maybe I shouldn't go back to school.
Oct 27 2023 04:32pm
Quote (Budgeting @ Oct 25 2023 06:58pm)
its probably because of the khalistani idiots.

Are you from BC as well, Budget.
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll