d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Not Sure Where To Put This. Kind Of Silly
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,173.00
Oct 6 2023 01:40pm
I have a question on English word possession. I was naming my Wi-Fi SSID when I had a peculiar problem, I could not figure out what was the correct grammatical structure of the SSID name should be. I was going to name my Wi-Fi Reefers Paradise which you can replace with Gamers Paradise if it makes it easier to understand.

My question is that is the name enough possession or do I need to add an apostrophe and if so, should I do it before or after the s? The name is stating that the place is a paradise for reefers (coral reefers), but I wasn't sure if it needed an apostrophe to show possession.

So would it be Reefers Paradise, Reefer's Paradise, or Reefers' Paradise?

(Gamers, Gamer's, or Gamers')

My guess would be reefers without any apostrophe, no?

Thank you for reading! 🙏
Gold: 2,079.00
Oct 9 2023 12:24am
Hi, just wanted to say good question and you'll be happy to know you're assumption was correct. The correct name for your Wi-Fi SSID would be Reefers Paradise. This is because your name is referring to a paradise that is meant for multiple reefers. Reefer's paradise would suggest that the paradise belongs (possession) to one reefer. Let me know if you need more clarification, I would be happy to help.
Gold: 1,173.00
Oct 10 2023 08:20am
Quote (Wati321 @ 9 Oct 2023 01:24)
Hi, just wanted to say good question and you'll be happy to know you're assumption was correct. The correct name for your Wi-Fi SSID would be Reefers Paradise. This is because your name is referring to a paradise that is meant for multiple reefers. Reefer's paradise would suggest that the paradise belongs (possession) to one reefer. Let me know if you need more clarification, I would be happy to help.

Thank you. They was a perfect answer.
Gold: 13.00
Dec 4 2023 12:25am
Quote (Wati321 @ Oct 9 2023 07:24am)

but shouldnt the plural form just have the apostrophe at last (i.e. Reefers' Paradise)? otherwise there is no way to distinguish it from a simple plural form...
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll