d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Medical Advice
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.27
Sep 23 2023 06:18am
Good morning, I want to start off by saying I realize this isn't a medical platform and I should probably go "see my doctor".

I'm struggling pretty bad and my medical provider is through the VA. The VA is ok but they always send me on 2 hour drives and take forever to get anything done. The issue I'm having is that I recently had strep throat. It was the worst strep I have ever had. I was unable to eat and barely sleep for 5 days. Absolutely miserable. Well... the strep went away and for one single day I felt better. Now my throat is even worse but I don't think this is strep. I don't have the white stuff in the back and my throat feels like razor blades. Eating is miserable, but even worse is sleeping. At night my mouth dries out SUPER bad like to the point that I can't move my mouth when I wake up without pouring water in it. My gums/lips are glued to my teeth. I can't swallow at all until I water board my self. I don't know what's happening. My throat is pretty red and I think it's swollen badly.

The other thing I notice is that my ears constantly hurt. I'm working with this going on, and will be working today on Saturday in a profession where I need to be talking often, which is an issue when I'm in extreme pain when I talk, drink, eat, even breathe. If anyone has any idea what the hell is happening please help.

Again, I realize this forum is more for working out. But I'm desperate for help. Thank you!
Gold: 540.20
Sep 23 2023 12:35pm
gargle warm salt water, use a vaporizer, drink a ton of water. you could still have strep and or plus ear infection or tonsillitis could be anything really even the new covid strain wheee or you merely coughed your throat raw and now its really sensitive and painful
Gold: 500.00
Sep 23 2023 04:06pm
Quote (EBAZ @ 23 Sep 2023 06:18)
Good morning, I want to start off by saying I realize this isn't a medical platform and I should probably go "see my doctor".

I'm struggling pretty bad and my medical provider is through the VA. The VA is ok but they always send me on 2 hour drives and take forever to get anything done. The issue I'm having is that I recently had strep throat. It was the worst strep I have ever had. I was unable to eat and barely sleep for 5 days. Absolutely miserable. Well... the strep went away and for one single day I felt better. Now my throat is even worse but I don't think this is strep. I don't have the white stuff in the back and my throat feels like razor blades. Eating is miserable, but even worse is sleeping. At night my mouth dries out SUPER bad like to the point that I can't move my mouth when I wake up without pouring water in it. My gums/lips are glued to my teeth. I can't swallow at all until I water board my self. I don't know what's happening. My throat is pretty red and I think it's swollen badly.

The other thing I notice is that my ears constantly hurt. I'm working with this going on, and will be working today on Saturday in a profession where I need to be talking often, which is an issue when I'm in extreme pain when I talk, drink, eat, even breathe. If anyone has any idea what the hell is happening please help.

Again, I realize this forum is more for working out. But I'm desperate for help. Thank you!

I had something like this last summer after my 1 and a half year old nephew managed to get his fat little fist into my mouth when I picked him up. I was destroyed for probably almost 2 weeks. Sucks man.
Gold: 10.27
Sep 23 2023 04:44pm
Quote (Henchman21 @ Sep 23 2023 12:35pm)
gargle warm salt water, use a vaporizer, drink a ton of water. you could still have strep and or plus ear infection or tonsillitis could be anything really even the new covid strain wheee or you merely coughed your throat raw and now its really sensitive and painful

So gargling salt water was working wonders when I had actual strep, it does nothing for what ever this is. Also I haven't coughed a single time through this entire nightmare. I think this has to be viral.

Quote (Decarnate @ Sep 23 2023 04:06pm)
I had something like this last summer after my 1 and a half year old nephew managed to get his fat little fist into my mouth when I picked him up. I was destroyed for probably almost 2 weeks. Sucks man.

1 week to go then. I took 1600mg of ibuprophen and that made it so I was able to at least drink water and eat some icy pops. But that was like 5 hours ago and now it's back to having razor blades in my throat. I just gobbles down Tylenol and Ibuprophen together hoping it is stronger now.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll