d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Is It Safe To Sell Currency On An Unbanned Account
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 27 2023 05:39pm
Quote (eggson @ Aug 27 2023 04:32pm)
obviously dont listen to this person on how to not get banned

I've never been banned on poe, the difference between banned and marked as a scammer is completely different.
Scamming is a offense worthy sometimes of a ban on poe, but i've never scammed on poe.

That's like saying to never take advice from someone that's been arrested, when in general - their more likely to give you advice on how to avoid jail - even if you choose to keep doing illegal activities.

You're logic is flawed in this sense.
Gold: 445.97
Aug 27 2023 06:08pm
Quote (CalibratedChaos @ Aug 27 2023 04:39pm)
I've never been banned on poe, the difference between banned and marked as a scammer is completely different.
Scamming is a offense worthy sometimes of a ban on poe, but i've never scammed on poe.

That's like saying to never take advice from someone that's been arrested, when in general - their more likely to give you advice on how to avoid jail - even if you choose to keep doing illegal activities.

You're logic is flawed in this sense.

should work on repaying that scam and repenting.
Aug 27 2023 06:39pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Aug 27 2023 05:08pm)
should work on repaying that scam and repenting.

If I'm going to be completely honest, the amount of scams I've done over the years and the amount of multiple accounts I've used is just, well, rather large, thus resulting in me not knowing the approximate total in damages.
If I had some clue as to the total, I may, someday, feel inclined to pay back the scams I'm guilty of - but at the peak of me scamming - there were more than 100 threads accusing me of being the scammer because people were going through the trouble of impersonating me ingame and pretending they were me just to deepen to pot of what I would owe - should that day of repay ever come.

I don't feel as if I would be able to properly defend myself against the claims of such said false accusations - therefor I'd more than likely be forced to pay back debt of which was not rightfully mine, therefor the entire process of payback wouldn't really isn't something I can justify doing. If it were just my crimes that I'd have to pay back, then maybe, just maybe, I could see myself taking the appropriate action.
Aug 27 2023 06:46pm
Quote (CalibratedChaos @ Aug 27 2023 05:39pm)
If I'm going to be completely honest, the amount of scams I've done over the years and the amount of multiple accounts I've used is just, well, rather large, thus resulting in me not knowing the approximate total in damages.
If I had some clue as to the total, I may, someday, feel inclined to pay back the scams I'm guilty of - but at the peak of me scamming - there were more than 100 threads accusing me of being the scammer because people were going through the trouble of impersonating me ingame and pretending they were me just to deepen to pot of what I would owe - should that day of repay ever come.

I don't feel as if I would be able to properly defend myself against the claims of such said false accusations - therefor I'd more than likely be forced to pay back debt of which was not rightfully mine, therefor the entire process of payback wouldn't really isn't something I can justify doing. If it were just my crimes that I'd have to pay back, then maybe, just maybe, I could see myself taking the appropriate action.

yeah if that's true i'd venture to say that's easily over 100k of fg potentially. and you'd need to repay that, which you're probably not gonna do, probably can't even do financially if you wanted.

not sure why you continued to scam this community though. i understand if maybe it was a phase where you were 10 or 11 years old thinking it was funny, but constantly doing it deliberately when you're an adult is really scummy behavior. probably a deeper issue at play in your life you should look into.

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Aug 27 2023 06:48pm
Aug 27 2023 06:58pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Aug 27 2023 05:46pm)
yeah if that's true i'd venture to say that's easily over 100k of fg potentially. and you'd need to repay that, which you're probably not gonna do, probably can't even do financially if you wanted.

not sure why you continued to scam this community though. i understand if maybe it was a phase where you were 10 or 11 years old thinking it was fun, but constantly doing it deliberately when you're an adult is really scummy behavior. probably a deeper issue at play in your life you should look into.

Lets just go ahead and point out that it was definitely a deeper issue. Something along the lines of feeling the rush of attention, be that as it may - bad attention, was something I craved for reasons unknown to me. I was a loner of sorts, had a small amount of friends, my brothers were growing and furthering themselves from me and I just felt left behind. But there was alot of other stuff that was going on aswell, stuff that I'd rather not mention, but some of it was due to what I'd guess to be - my introduction into experimentation and growing addiction to drugs, mind you, the stuff I did steal and the stuff I was stealing at the time - wasn't sold for drugs or anything, but the drugs themselves just altered my perception of reality in such a perverse way that the stuff I was doing, that was wrong, wasn't being seen by me as something negative or wrong, or perhaps I just didn't care, honestly I can't remember which one.

I've been drug free for sometime now but battled with that addiction for over 15+years and well, just recently got clean from everything. I realize I can't go back and change my choices, but I realize now, it wasn't ever worth it -I wasted a ton of time, money and missed out on a ton of opportunities. I was immature. I decided to try and find a crutch to absolve me of my feelings, conscience and found myself disorientated more often than not.

Either way, I'm not trying to excuse my actions by being able to blame them on drug addiction but rather simply stating that the actions of my past aren't something that I'd find myself being able to condone nowadays.

However, as I've said before, If I find myself somewhere in the future financially stable enough to repay these debts, I'm hoping I'll choose to do so.

Just to clarify though, the amount of debt is probably around 100-300k fg.
Aug 27 2023 07:09pm
Quote (CalibratedChaos @ Aug 27 2023 05:58pm)
Lets just go ahead and point out that it was definitely a deeper issue. Something along the lines of feeling the rush of attention, be that as it may - bad attention, was something I craved for reasons unknown to me. I was a loner of sorts, had a small amount of friends, my brothers were growing and furthering themselves from me and I just felt left behind. But there was alot of other stuff that was going on aswell, stuff that I'd rather not mention, but some of it was due to what I'd guess to be - my introduction into experimentation and growing addiction to drugs, mind you, the stuff I did steal and the stuff I was stealing at the time - wasn't sold for drugs or anything, but the drugs themselves just altered my perception of reality in such a perverse way that the stuff I was doing, that was wrong, wasn't being seen by me as something negative or wrong, or perhaps I just didn't care, honestly I can't remember which one.

I've been drug free for sometime now but battled with that addiction for over 15+years and well, just recently got clean from everything. I realize I can't go back and change my choices, but I realize now, it wasn't ever worth it -I wasted a ton of time, money and missed out on a ton of opportunities. I was immature. I decided to try and find a crutch to absolve me of my feelings, conscience and found myself disorientated more often than not.

Either way, I'm not trying to excuse my actions by being able to blame them on drug addiction but rather simply stating that the actions of my past aren't something that I'd find myself being able to condone nowadays.

However, as I've said before, If I find myself somewhere in the future financially stable enough to repay these debts, I'm hoping I'll choose to do so.

Just to clarify though, the amount of debt is probably around 100-300k fg.

it's all good.

just remember, it's really about how you affected the lives of the people that were scammed. a debt can always be repaid at some point (even if seems like forever), but instilling grief on someone can last a lifetime

seems like you're on the right path now, keep that up. drugs can ruin a life and it's the only finite thing we have
Gold: 4.30
Aug 28 2023 01:14am
Quote (Datmisty @ 25 Aug 2023 01:52)
The ban was due to trading w/ a flagged person...

I was wondering if I trade w/ actual players and even use trade site to set up a fake trade if it will work :)

What they likely do, which is just like any other investigation, is instead of going after the main sellers/resellers (such as OrcishDevil and many others), they let them trade, flag them, and monitor who they trade with.
It is a game of numbers. They catch more fish if they let the resellers be.

Your best bet is to trade only with people you trust, who do not have significantly high numbers of trades or who move vast amounts of currency and who
tend to play the game.

At the end of the day, it is your call and, like with most games, if it violates the ToS then it is always a risk.
Gold: 427,251.75
Aug 28 2023 04:01am
Quote (bodierox @ 28 Aug 2023 09:14)
What they likely do, which is just like any other investigation, is instead of going after the main sellers/resellers (such as OrcishDevil and many others)

While its true that I used to be a reseller i guess you are confusing me with "smalldevil94" (aka lalaland) who is one of the big RMTs on this (and several other) platforms and who got lots of ppl here banned...
Gold: 4.30
Aug 28 2023 05:13am
Quote (OrcishDevil @ 28 Aug 2023 05:01)
While its true that I used to be a reseller i guess you are confusing me with "smalldevil94" (aka lalaland) who is one of the big RMTs on this (and several other) platforms and who got lots of ppl here banned...

I thought you still were buying and selling?
I only mentioned you because you were in thread, and not to point you out in a bad way in any way, just as a reference.

And I would hope everyone here knows SmallDevil by now :lol:

I was just saying, it would not be unlikely if thats what they are doing.
Gold: 742.00
Aug 28 2023 07:54pm
Quote (bodierox @ Aug 28 2023 02:14am)
What they likely do, which is just like any other investigation, is instead of going after the main sellers/resellers (such as OrcishDevil and many others), they let them trade, flag them, and monitor who they trade with.
It is a game of numbers. They catch more fish if they let the resellers be.

Your best bet is to trade only with people you trust, who do not have significantly high numbers of trades or who move vast amounts of currency and who
tend to play the game.

At the end of the day, it is your call and, like with most games, if it violates the ToS then it is always a risk.

thx for the tip, now I know not to trade with shady fellas such as OrcishDevil and others
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll