d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Multi Character Softcore Grail - 100 Items Remain!
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.09
Aug 21 2023 11:45am
Hi! Welcome to my first ever holy grail!
This is a multi character softcore grail. I'm a hardcore player at heart, however I have always wanted to complete a grail and going softcore will ensure I can do just that!
I started this on 6/2/2023. I wasn't sure if I'd ever take it seriously and finish, but I had taken over 420 screenshots in case I ever decided to post it here. I definitely don't plan on going through all of those at this point lol but if there are any drops anyone is interested in seeing, I'm certain I have it screenshotted or clipped if it's something super valueable.
As I approached 100 items left, I thought it might be fun to share the journey of the last 100 items here.

Here are some details on how I've been playing my grail. I understand a lot of my "rules" may differ from most people, however it's the way I enjoy playing! I totally understand and respect if any of these things turn somebody off from wanting to follow this grail.

* This is a multi character grail. I originally planned on doing this as just my amazon, but as I quickly started accumulating gear for other classes I realized I wanted to incorporate more characters into my grail. I now mostly play on my sorceress (91), however I also have a smiter (79) and my original javazon (88). I do have plans of making more characters, such as a Barb. I have the full IK set and an 18/19 barb torch. I can't resist.
* I used to play with plugy pre-d2r. With plugy you were able to reset your stats and skills at any time, which I never abused but definitely used from time to time. With plugy not being available (at least not to my knowledge) on d2r, I did hero edit in 20 tokens near the start of my grail. This is probably one of the biggest issues people may have with my grail, but again, I'm playing the way I enjoy playing! No other gear was added, no stats/quests/skills were messed with. Simply tokens.
* While I only recently started doing this, I do change around my clock to choose which terror zone I want to farm. Recently I've mostly been farming Mephisto, which I understand can be a bit cheesy. But I'm having fun :)

Here are some of the highlights of my finds so far:
4 Shakos (1 being perfect)
2 Arachs
2 Nightwings (9% and 13%)
2 Bk rings (both 3%)
Eth 4os cryptic axe
4 torches. Assassin, Amazon, Necromancer, Barbarian. Still hoping to farm one for my sorceress and paladin.
Steelrends (My first and only t87 unique so far. Also the item that put me at 100 items left.)
Perfect cold sunder gc
Sur Rune
Vex Rune
Gul Rune

Here's my sorceress gear. I'll post my javazon and smiter's gear the next time I use them.
Fun little side note, I found titans early on my javazon, as well as another pair of eth titans by level 85. I've had some serious luck!

I'll be posting each new grail item as I count down to 0! I fully expect this to take me a long time but I'm super excited to finish out my d2 dream.
Aug 21 2023 02:08pm
Few things I wanted to add.
My inventory consists of a 132/35/15 gheeds, a 18/19 barb torch, and an assortment of life charms and mf charms.
Current goals are finding tal armor and amulet, as well as the runes to make infinity.
And finally, here's my current grail progress
Gold: 10,278.69
Trader: Trusted
Aug 22 2023 02:57am
I want to start by saying that I think it's fine you have rules, but ultimately it doesn't really matter. As long as you have fun, they are only for your own peace of mind.

You can add the command '-enablerespec' which will allow you to freely respec whenever you want. Personally, I didn't start using this until I already had heaps of (farmed) tokens as I think having few respecs available adds weight to your choices in the beginning. But as I already said, you do you.

Good luck on your journey. It really starts to slow when you're down to 10-20 items (I'm personally down to 11 on my SP grail, 3 items in D2R when combining SP + b.net).
Aug 22 2023 08:24am
Quote (Sunline @ Aug 22 2023 04:57am)
I want to start by saying that I think it's fine you have rules, but ultimately it doesn't really matter. As long as you have fun, they are only for your own peace of mind.

You can add the command '-enablerespec' which will allow you to freely respec whenever you want. Personally, I didn't start using this until I already had heaps of (farmed) tokens as I think having few respecs available adds weight to your choices in the beginning. But as I already said, you do you.

Good luck on your journey. It really starts to slow when you're down to 10-20 items (I'm personally down to 11 on my SP grail, 3 items in D2R when combining SP + b.net).

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

I really appreciate your input and advice, as well as that tip about the enable respec command. That is incredibly useful!

I've heard it slows down a lot when you get down to the nitty gritty. I've been playing Diablo 2 since I was a kid, I easily have over 25k hours in the game but the one item that has always eluded me is Tyraels. I've found every other item in the game many times over but never a Tyraels, so if/when I find it for this grail I may shed a tear. xD

Hoping to make some progress today while I have some time to play!
Gold: 10,278.69
Trader: Trusted
Aug 22 2023 01:24pm
Quote (Meeposaur @ 22 Aug 2023 16:24)
Thank you for taking the time to comment!

I really appreciate your input and advice, as well as that tip about the enable respec command. That is incredibly useful!

I've heard it slows down a lot when you get down to the nitty gritty. I've been playing Diablo 2 since I was a kid, I easily have over 25k hours in the game but the one item that has always eluded me is Tyraels. I've found every other item in the game many times over but never a Tyraels, so if/when I find it for this grail I may shed a tear. xD

Hoping to make some progress today while I have some time to play!

Awesome! :) Yeah it's really fun checking those items off one by one - unfortunately there's quite some time between that feeling towards the end haha ^^

Best of luck! Atleast with tz and andy always being questbugged, it should be a lot more feasible now!
Aug 22 2023 08:44pm
I hit a bit of a dry spell so I had decided to start my Barbarian, and funny enough I found a grail item before I even beat act 1 normal xD

99 items remain
Gold: 865.00
Aug 23 2023 12:30am
GL, bro! :D
Gold: 10,401.00
Aug 23 2023 11:16pm
Gl!

Just careful with multiple characters, I started with a blizz sorc and now I've got Hdin, Zealer, Mosaic assassin, Blizz sork, LGT sork, Fire sork, Fire druid, Pitzerker, Psn necro, summon necro. Someone is always neglected :(

I am not sure how many items I have left, but my grail is on 90% now.
Aug 25 2023 08:41pm
Quote (OffHeGoes @ Aug 23 2023 02:30am)
GL, bro! :D

Thank you!!

Quote (Vismajor @ Aug 24 2023 01:16am)
Gl!

Just careful with multiple characters, I started with a blizz sorc and now I've got Hdin, Zealer, Mosaic assassin, Blizz sork, LGT sork, Fire sork, Fire druid, Pitzerker, Psn necro, summon necro. Someone is always neglected :(

I am not sure how many items I have left, but my grail is on 90% now.

Thanks :D Oh I'm certain that will be me at some point lol. And honestly I'm looking forward to it xD
I've not had much luck with runes so I've been short on runewords but I'm hoping that will change soon!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll