d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Whats Your Tips For Lyrics & Stage Fears?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 430.65
Aug 10 2023 08:54am
Curious if anyone can toss some advice on the topic.

When you listen to music as well.. What catches your attention?

This post was edited by HeroticTool on Aug 10 2023 08:57am
Aug 13 2023 02:37pm
Judging by the views without responses im not the only one dealing with it?
Gold: 226,903.13
Aug 16 2023 09:59am
can you elaborate a bit more on what you're asking?
Aug 23 2023 01:55pm
was just trying to get some real tips on dealing with it, and on a side note was asking when people listen to music what is it in music that interests them the most, the hooks, the words, the beat or all of the above
Gold: 8,718.28
Aug 24 2023 06:08am
Quote (HeroticTool @ 24 Aug 2023 07:55)
was just trying to get some real tips on dealing with it, and on a side note was asking when people listen to music what is it in music that interests them the most, the hooks, the words, the beat or all of the above

I am not a Muso (musician), however I like music, and pretty much an all rounder.

"Lyrics" Okay for myself, not needed ... I can listen to the "instrumental" of a song and "like" or "dislike" it. HOWEVER, the fluidity of the lyrics in conjunction with the instrumental can invigorate the "emotion(s)", "feeling(s)" &/or "experience(s)" of the listener(s) to appreciate it more... i.e Myself in this example.

Basically you have "Genre" with music... example a person loves listening to "Reggae" and is drawn or more compelled to that "beat/rhythm", the same goes for "Rock n Roll", "Soul", "Disco", "Jazz", "Rhythm and Blues" etc

Now, as a listener, not listening to lyrics, I only hear the beat and rhythm of the instrumental ... hey, if my body moves and enjoys it, then I am hooked... and yes... I like certain historical music from Beethoven or Mozart etc ... dang I like certain songs from Metallica, Bon Jo Vi, ELO, Bob Marley, Kenny Rogers &/or Dolly including Hymns from a mixture of religions.

So... you need to ask yourself your own question you posted within yourself.
Aug 29 2023 11:19am
thank you, for the in-depth detail
That is the answer I was looking for
See I like messing around with lyrics but was sure if I should bother to post stuff.
But turns out some people dig it but i didn't really follow the music rules so to say
Gold: 143,829.62
Sep 12 2023 02:16pm
Quote (HeroticTool @ Aug 23 2023 08:55pm)

It has to feel like honest congruent expression
even la la la can work perfect with the right setup.
I believe that music is like language so a certain melody has an implied meaning that you got to put to words, If you do this successfully the lyrics are great.
That's my opinion

stage fears well just prepare your performance, record yourself to see if you need to work on stuff still and perform a lot so you get used to the feeling of stage fright
I don't think it is something that people outgrow. you want to do well so you get anxious and overthink
Gold: 108.00
Oct 28 2023 02:37pm
play your guitar or sing or whatever while looking at yourself in the mirror (lame, yes.. but if you're going to be performing? well.. get used to it.)

record yourself and listen to the recordings. (ew, i know)

try vocal effects if you aren't comfortable with your voice. lots of REALLY awesome free pitch correcting software out there nowadays, and if you bring a pc to your performance you can use it there too

show your friends and see what they think. see if they gas you up or tell you your shit sucks.

just a few ideas
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll