d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Ssf P8 Hc Single Pass - Kicker Assasin
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.60
Jul 28 2023 10:38am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 28 2023 07:21am)
You need to include the type of Boots you are using for your Damage as a Kicksin... not just the weapon.

EDIT: let us say you get to Hell difficulty... have found Hotspurs and War traveller boots with great mods to fire resistance... you want to increase your killspeed thus use the War Traveller boots (mod dependent as well). Damn.. if you find the Unique War Trav boots... great, the added damage helps etc.

Anyway... goodluck in your run... wish you the best

EDIT#2: Oh... for a Kicksin... all boots have damage calculated based on Normal / Nightmare & Hell drops (types)

Yeah, so far I have posted the boots I am using. Unfortunately nothing fancy, but... thats the thing with kicksins they just use the higher damage boots possible given the act in whic you are playing... that is good because they are not as weapon dependant as other melee builds but they cant use monster like grief.... For a SSF one pass it is not a problem :)

Besides +damage or added damage dont work to kicks either, so war travelers' added damage is useless. That's why gore riders are top as most of the damage comes from the Crushing blow and the super fast attack speed.

Thanks for the comments!

Jul 28 2023 10:45am
I finished act 4...

Forge was a ith... so nothing impressive. I was hoping for a "amn" to build the desired "strength" runeword but it will have to wait for the moment.

Diablo (as usual in normal) was a PITA, but I used a shocket helm with a ral and switched my mf ring to a nice 30% light resis ring. It was pretty safe overall.

He dropped this beauty:

Which surprisingly is the second time in a row in my SSF runs that he does drop it... If this was a barb run I would had already adquired my hell weapon:')

He was also kind enough to drop me this monster amu: Nice resis and strength:

Lets keep fighting!

This post was edited by ooozuZ on Jul 28 2023 10:46am
Gold: 5,435.90
Jul 28 2023 10:54am
Nice going.
Jul 30 2023 11:18am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 28 2023 06:54pm)
Nice going.

Many thanks!

Liittle update. I arrived to Frigid Highlands after defeating shenk. Pretty easy as mobs still die "fast enough".

I was lucky to get my first amn and finally created "strength":

Unfortunately... I dont have a source of mana leech... so I will continue to wear what I had until I find a source of mana leech or craft insight in a bow (I am using act 1 mercenary).

I also got a flawless ruby which allowed me to craft these great gloves with max rolls ins life leech and crushing blow... (if it just had a little bit more magic find those would be amazing)

Next stop Arreat Plateau

This post was edited by ooozuZ on Jul 30 2023 11:20am
Aug 1 2023 04:39pm
I advanced to the glacial trail, rescuing Anya and the barbs in the process :)

Enemies don't present a menace now, I advance steadily for now... killing speed is still decent but I cant wait to get some boots' upgrades in nightmare.

Nothing interested dropped apart from a dol rune which is useless right now. I hope to get a "amn" soon so I can craft an edge bow for my merc and I can use it for the reduced vendor prices.

I leave some pics of interesting drops:

The only unique so far in act 5... very dissapointing one:

This weapon was crazy good for a melee but unfortunately useless for kicker:

I gambled this cool circlet. Which I am not using because I prefer wear some magic find in my helm and lore is quite better than it if I can get my hands in a sol rune:

Hopefully nilhatak is not too hard. Right now I am level 41 so I am pretty pleased with the experience gained.

This post was edited by ooozuZ on Aug 1 2023 04:40pm
Gold: 50,058.86
Aug 2 2023 10:27am
Good job so far. Keep it up 👍
Aug 4 2023 01:29pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Aug 2 2023 06:27pm)
Good job so far. Keep it up 👍

Thanks, mate!

I kept progressing. Completed nilathak and advanced to the frozen tundra.

I had this cool belt drop:

But it is quite useless for my char... so I will just retire it. My artic binding light belt is just too good to pass. I wish I could upgrade it, but I might change the armor and belt in nightmare probably...

Finally this funny pic of me and my buddies walking on the lava... definetely don't try this at home :P

Next stop... the ancients!

This post was edited by ooozuZ on Aug 4 2023 01:29pm
Aug 6 2023 10:24am
Finally found the time to give a big push.

First I finished my way to the ancients, crafting this helm along the way. Apart from the deadly strike, which is useless in kicksin it rolled pretty nice. Those 2 sox are the icing on the cake. I imediately decided to put 2 flawless topaz for mf. Running with 150% mf is not bad at all for ssf one pass i guess. You have somehow keep your mf up hoping for the big drops:

Ancients were easy, I decided to switch to "strength" runeword but crushing blow seems futile against them, is that normal? Or is it a p8 thing?

I have decided to save some bases for a future "lawbringer" runeword. Seems very unlikely to get it anytime soon, but it is better to be prepared in case I stuble into the needed runes:

In fact, many of the chances of this run finishing well depend on my being able to craft lawbringer before hell or hell act1 as very late...

This post was edited by ooozuZ on Aug 6 2023 10:30am
Aug 6 2023 10:29am
I kept pushing and killed baal. Unfortunately I din't get any unique or decent magic/rares along the way.

This is baal' drop:

I finished this being lvl 48, which is quite high:

Before ending the season, I pay a visit to the moo-moo land in hope for a last good drop in normal... I was lucky enough to have an amn which allowed me to craft this edge for my merc and for myself when I gamble:

I tuned a little bit my equipment in Nightmare. All resis are 75% except poison which is 57%. I am not using fade because I need the speed for BoS but might swith to fade later if I dont get a source of dr before hell.

Aug 14 2023 09:30am
on hold because... holidays.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll