d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > Buying Stuff
12313Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,429.38
Jul 5 2023 12:44pm
I often get temptation to buy a newer vehicle but the prices are way too high not to mention the interest rate rising each quarter.

Do you guys also get that short blues and resist the urge to waste on a brand new vehicle?
Gold: 364.69
Warn: 30%
Jul 5 2023 12:46pm
Retail therapy
Gold: 361,987.19
Jul 5 2023 12:47pm
Quote (d4rk99 @ Jul 5 2023 01:44pm)
I often get temptation to buy a newer vehicle but the prices are way too high not to mention the interest rate rising each quarter.

Do you guys also get that short blues and resist the urge to waste on a brand new vehicle?

No, I do net get that temptation at all. I do get the temptation to keep my vehicle running as long as I can though...
Jul 5 2023 12:48pm
Quote (powwpoww @ Jul 5 2023 01:46pm)
Retail therapy

It's an actual thing. I am aware of it so I can dodge the trap. I use jsp instead plus it's free. :)
Jul 5 2023 12:52pm
Quote (bbs12 @ Jul 5 2023 01:47pm)
No, I do net get that temptation at all. I do get the temptation to keep my vehicle running as long as I can though...

I see you have good currency management skills. Even your fg is saved. A model to replicate.

That aside, are you handy and able to do your vehicles maintenance by yourself?
Gold: 2.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 5 2023 12:54pm
The desire to buy a new vehicle can be attributed to several natural human inclinations and motivations. Here are some reasons why it is natural for people to want to buy a new vehicle:

1. Status and Social Recognition: Owning a new vehicle can be seen as a symbol of status and success. Many individuals desire to own the latest models or prestigious brands as a way to demonstrate their achievements and gain recognition within their social circles.

2. Improved Functionality: New vehicles often come equipped with the latest technological advancements, enhanced safety features, improved fuel efficiency, and better performance. People may be naturally inclined to upgrade their vehicles to enjoy these benefits and enhance their overall driving experience.

3. Reliability and Peace of Mind: As vehicles age, they may require more frequent repairs and maintenance. Buying a new vehicle can provide a sense of reliability and peace of mind, knowing that you have a dependable mode of transportation that is less likely to break down unexpectedly.

4. Personal Preferences: People have different preferences when it comes to the appearance, features, and amenities of their vehicles. Buying a new vehicle allows individuals to customize their choices according to their personal tastes and needs, whether it's the color, interior design, entertainment options, or specific functionalities.

5. Safety Concerns: Older vehicles may lack certain safety features that are standard in newer models. With increasing awareness of safety regulations and advancements, individuals may feel naturally inclined to purchase a new vehicle to ensure the well-being of themselves and their passengers.

6. Financial Incentives: In some cases, there may be financial incentives, such as low-interest rates, favorable financing options, or discounts, that make buying a new vehicle more appealing from an economic perspective. These incentives can provide additional motivation to consider a new purchase.

It's important to note that while the desire to buy a new vehicle can be natural, it is also essential to consider personal financial circumstances, environmental impacts, and the overall necessity of purchasing a new vehicle in each individual case.
Gold: 361,987.19
Jul 5 2023 01:03pm
Quote (d4rk99 @ Jul 5 2023 01:52pm)
I see you have good currency management skills. Even your fg is saved. A model to replicate.

That aside, are you handy and able to do your vehicles maintenance by yourself?

Yes sir, quite handy. I also have a friend down the block that has every tool imaginable and works on cars too...
Jul 5 2023 01:04pm
Quote (net @ Jul 5 2023 01:54pm)
The desire to buy a new vehicle can be attributed to several natural human inclinations and motivations. Here are some reasons why it is natural for people to want to buy a new vehicle:

1. Status and Social Recognition: Owning a new vehicle can be seen as a symbol of status and success. Many individuals desire to own the latest models or prestigious brands as a way to demonstrate their achievements and gain recognition within their social circles.

2. Improved Functionality: New vehicles often come equipped with the latest technological advancements, enhanced safety features, improved fuel efficiency, and better performance. People may be naturally inclined to upgrade their vehicles to enjoy these benefits and enhance their overall driving experience.

3. Reliability and Peace of Mind: As vehicles age, they may require more frequent repairs and maintenance. Buying a new vehicle can provide a sense of reliability and peace of mind, knowing that you have a dependable mode of transportation that is less likely to break down unexpectedly.

4. Personal Preferences: People have different preferences when it comes to the appearance, features, and amenities of their vehicles. Buying a new vehicle allows individuals to customize their choices according to their personal tastes and needs, whether it's the color, interior design, entertainment options, or specific functionalities.

5. Safety Concerns: Older vehicles may lack certain safety features that are standard in newer models. With increasing awareness of safety regulations and advancements, individuals may feel naturally inclined to purchase a new vehicle to ensure the well-being of themselves and their passengers.

6. Financial Incentives: In some cases, there may be financial incentives, such as low-interest rates, favorable financing options, or discounts, that make buying a new vehicle more appealing from an economic perspective. These incentives can provide additional motivation to consider a new purchase.

It's important to note that while the desire to buy a new vehicle can be natural, it is also essential to consider personal financial circumstances, environmental impacts, and the overall necessity of purchasing a new vehicle in each individual case.

Great post. My reason is mainly to be able to buy a vehicle of my exact first choice while they are still making gas powered engines. All makes are transitionning to full electric and it bums me out. I don't want to miss the last stretch of the ICE era.

To me it would make sense to buy a brand new dream vehicle in order to secure the need. I like good old V8 trucks but obviously new replacement parts availability will be a concern in 15 years as the companies will drop the gas powered vehicles part production to force people to buy electric which I fear the most.
Gold: 261.69
Jul 5 2023 01:10pm
Nop
Gold: 16,380.69
Jul 5 2023 01:10pm
i always buy my vehicles purely using the crypto currency d2jsp forum gold

the one secret car dealers dont want you knowing about
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
12313Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll