d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Hearthstone > New Player Seeking Good Advice
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,376.40
Jul 3 2023 08:27pm
So i been playing on my phone on downtime at work and im having a lot of fun, ive earned about 25 Standard packs through quests and battle pass...although im looking to have some questions answered

1. If i am holding onto "standard packs" should i wait for the new coming expansion to drop to ensure i get the newest cards and cards that arent rotating out of stansard? Or is there some kind of threshold the game puts on the packs because i earned them before the new expansion dropped?

.2 if i own 2 copies of a card already and i open packs and get 2 more duplicates, does this mean i own 4 copies? Or will those cards i earned by opening the packs not count toward my collection because i had 2 of the same already and didn't disenchant?

3. Every time i encounter a player using mass spell decks im getting absolutely obliterated, anything that goes on the board just dissapers with them using 0-2 mana cards, its pretty silly, whats the best counter to this?
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2023 04:00pm
Can't say much about the current state of the game (1. and 3.) but re: 2. - Yes, you will own 4 copies. You can have any number of copies of a card, but owning more than 2 copies (or more than 1 for legendaries) is superfluous. There is a button that allows you to disenchant any extra copies you may have.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 6 2023 09:08am
i need some help with making a legit hunter deck.
Gold: 28,376.40
Jul 17 2023 11:04pm
Quote (gangstar @ Jul 6 2023 11:08am)
i need some help with making a legit hunter deck.

hey bro i been using this deck and been doing pretty well:

https://hsreplay.net/decks/6UnpOy0xfKSZBN6tYYeVVd/#gameType=RANKED_STANDARD

i got 2 of the legendaries from the free deck they gave me, its one of the strongest decks right now
Gold: 1,000.69
Sep 6 2023 06:44pm
Quote (Cash5s @ Jul 3 2023 09:27pm)
So i been playing on my phone on downtime at work and im having a lot of fun, ive earned about 25 Standard packs through quests and battle pass...although im looking to have some questions answered

1. If i am holding onto "standard packs" should i wait for the new coming expansion to drop to ensure i get the newest cards and cards that arent rotating out of stansard? Or is there some kind of threshold the game puts on the packs because i earned them before the new expansion dropped?

.2 if i own 2 copies of a card already and i open packs and get 2 more duplicates, does this mean i own 4 copies? Or will those cards i earned by opening the packs not count toward my collection because i had 2 of the same already and didn't disenchant?

3. Every time i encounter a player using mass spell decks im getting absolutely obliterated, anything that goes on the board just dissapers with them using 0-2 mana cards, its pretty silly, whats the best counter to this?

1. Open up the standard packs now.

2. You only need 2 copies of a card that isn't legendary and 1 copy if it is legendary. After that you can disenchant them for dust. If you don't like gold cards you can disenchant them as well but the disenchant button will not do those unless you have multiple of them (meaning if you have 2 regular copies and 1 gold copy of a card it will not disenchant any).

3. Usually at lower ranks people will play decks that just put minions on the board really fast or they will play decks that OTK (one turn kill). I would suggest getting good at tempo/control decks early on. A good deck right now that is fun/easy and good is the Odin warrior:
https://hsreplay.net/decks/Uy2OPpvySd7Ddz5GtFLQWg/#gameType=RANKED_STANDARD
and a good minion heavy deck is mech rogue:
https://hsreplay.net/decks/KtvywdZ3IP6vXSEx8w6uNf/#gameType=RANKED_STANDARD

I usually sit around top 500 legend every season so if you need any help just post on here and i'll respond. I can't use PMs until I am unlocked.
Go Back To Hearthstone Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll