d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds >
Poll > Solo Paladin Healing
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 82,754.96
Jul 10 2023 07:18am

Finished my solo pally climb. I used heal back, multistrike, and knockdown.

I was not very impressed with healback, even at 200 charge it often left me with <500 heals and topped out around 1,800. Was also frustrating that I had to be in the back row for it to work.

This climb did show me though that I likely do not even need a heal skill. Using 2 offensive skills was quite effective. The only time I had any difficulty was at 3 EP at lvl 65+

I passed to monk; so not sure what I’ll do now since I have no high lvl tank robes. But I suppose I will likely put some extra points into vitality, and use salvation at a higher level than I had previously, double strike, and multi? Or I might use the cross strike since it’s a monk and will charge faster.
Gold: 429.42
Trader: Trusted
Jul 10 2023 09:58am
Quote (hasteful @ Jul 10 2023 02:18pm)
^izParagonzi

I was not very impressed with healback, even at 200 charge it often left me with <500 heals and topped out around 1,800. Was also frustrating that I had to be in the back row for it to work.

This climb did show me though that I likely do not even need a heal skill. Using 2 offensive skills was quite effective. The only time I had any difficulty was at 3 EP at lvl 65+

I passed to monk; so not sure what I’ll do now since I have no high lvl tank robes. But I suppose I will likely put some extra points into vitality, and use salvation at a higher level than I had previously, double strike, and multi? Or I might use the cross strike since it’s a monk and will charge faster.

90/100 vita, rest in int 4 points in double strike rest in salv
Gold: 8,924.43
Jul 11 2023 10:13pm
Quote (hasteful @ 11 Jul 2023 01:18)
^izParagonzi

Grats on pass though you had a rough run with Heal back, I personally didn't think it would be that bad, but then I only use 2 Abilities and not 3, especially since Multi & Knock down require 6 abilities each to reach 40%, thus reached by level 55. Well you know what fits your play-style with a Paladin now. :D

Quote (Mezzer69 @ 11 Jul 2023 03:58)
90/100 vita, rest in int 4 points in double strike rest in salv

This is good advice, I would say minimum 100 vitality ... as for myself and since I use Spears, I would most likely go with Base 125 Vitality & 30 Intelligence since I don't have great healing gear. :D

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jul 11 2023 10:14pm
Gold: 22,328.48
Jul 13 2023 05:38am
Quote (hasteful @ Jul 10 2023 02:18pm)
^izParagonzi

You use multi in solo?? Only ever use that on samurai for solo
Personally use powerstrike/doublestrike and sometimes knockdown/retribution

I wouldn't touch cross strike either, for similar reasons as to why healback sucks in solo, doesn't do that much damage as its aimed to hit 5 mobs. Kind of usable on monk.

Disagree with mezz on the salvation build for monk. Nothing wrong with it but more of a difference in opinion than right or wrong
I also went full vit on monk on hc with dex robes.

I think of it this way, any time spent healing is time which could be spent attacking. Especially for those who use the shrine
Not convinced ee robes are that helpful especially for sc

I noticed I took significantly more damage on monk with a dex robe than I did with pally using a plate. So might be more merit to using salvation on monk/ninja than on heavy armor users

Was pretty sure you'd find healback to be trash but nice to see it confirmed
Gold: 8,924.43
Sep 13 2023 05:03am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 13 Jul 2023 23:38)
You use multi in solo?? Only ever use that on samurai for solo
Personally use powerstrike/doublestrike and sometimes knockdown/retribution

I wouldn't touch cross strike either, for similar reasons as to why healback sucks in solo, doesn't do that much damage as its aimed to hit 5 mobs. Kind of usable on monk.

Disagree with mezz on the salvation build for monk. Nothing wrong with it but more of a difference in opinion than right or wrong
I also went full vit on monk on hc with dex robes.

I think of it this way, any time spent healing is time which could be spent attacking. Especially for those who use the shrine
Not convinced ee robes are that helpful especially for sc

I noticed I took significantly more damage on monk with a dex robe than I did with pally using a plate. So might be more merit to using salvation on monk/ninja than on heavy armor users

Was pretty sure you'd find healback to be trash but nice to see it confirmed

Great advice.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll