d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Acute Fatty Inguinal Hernia
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,024.00
Jun 19 2023 01:09am
Just found out I have a hernia via MRI, it's not bad atm, didn't even notice it until after I found out about it, now I feel pain there when lifting.

I would like to get surgery to fix it.

Should I do the laparoscopy, or just have them slick me open and stitch it up.

I've also read not to get the mesh.

What are your thoughts bros? All suggestions welcome.

E: also how do I prevent hernias from reoccuring, what belts do you suggest?

This post was edited by Keuter on Jun 19 2023 01:10am
Gold: 6.66
Jun 20 2023 05:33pm
Quote (Keuter @ Jun 19 2023 10:09am)
Just found out I have a hernia via MRI, it's not bad atm, didn't even notice it until after I found out about it, now I feel pain there when lifting.

Ask your doctor/surgeon about such things, not d2jsp. Online, people write a lot of bs on things they know nothing about. Belts dont really prevent hernias either. Why did you get an MRI?

This post was edited by Neptunus on Jun 20 2023 05:34pm
Gold: 540.20
Jun 21 2023 07:51pm
herniations of the inguinus require labradoric mesh which you read NOT to get because the labrador industrial complex would rather give you belts for more $$$
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2023 04:49pm
Quote (Henchman21 @ Jun 21 2023 09:51pm)
herniations of the inguinus require labradoric mesh which you read NOT to get because the labrador industrial complex would rather give you belts for more $$$

Vouch, I’m friends with a red Labrador and that mother fucker is always up to no good.
Gold: 540.20
Jun 22 2023 05:39pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 22 Jun 2023 17:49)
Vouch, I’m friends with a red Labrador and that mother fucker is always up to no good.

the red ones are notorious mesh surgeons they will funnel you right through the herniatic impetus
Gold: 149,575.00
Jul 1 2023 08:28pm
First thing stop exercising you are probably making it worse.. avoid bending over. Sleep on your back let gravity help pull it back in. Belt is pointless get the muscle tear fixed only option.

I had inguinal hernia bro. On both sides I was super paranoid about the mesh. I know a few people who had it done they seem to be okay but not sure how big yours is and how much mesh they wanna put in you.

If they just stitch you up there is usually high chance of recurrence. That is why they like to use mesh repair or special tension free technique repair.

So I went to 2 doctors. First guy was like a salesman wanted to do
laparoscopy. I didn't really like his vibe.

2nd doctor told me laparoscopy is a gimmick they have to poke 2 new holes to get the instruments inside of you to do the operation. Anytime you poke holes you increase the chance of hernia there because the muscle is now weakened in an new spot to fix the holes down there. Might have chance of a new hernia from laparoscopy.

2nd doctor recommended the open operation because its not a deep cut and the doctor works right were they cut. He was going to use a much thinner mesh than the laparoscopy doctor.

I went home and did alot more research and watched many seminars with doctors talking about hernia repair and they mentioned the Desarda technique .

So there are 2 no mesh options that I know about and I think a 3rd but these 2 are called the Shouldice technique and the Desarda technique.

Shouldice technique is older and works well but they use metal staples I think. I believe it was developed in WWII to help men with hernias fight in the war by a Canadian doctor.

Desarda technique is newer and more of a muscle graft. Uses surrounding tissue and muscle around the hernia and incorporate into new muscle wall with absorbable sutures. It was developed by a doctor from India.

I got the Desarda repair by Dr Robert Tomas and its been almost a year and a half now I feel great so far so good. I was exercising again after 6 months comfortably. After 2 months was doing light TRX stuff but sore still down there. It took me a bit to recover persobally.

Do alot of research on hernia repair. My father had mesh years ago he is fine no issues but he is also fat and lazy so idk maybe be scared of excise cuz he had hernias, not sure he's an odd fella he rides his bike so thats something. My friend had mesh on once side in high-school and is fine so maybe it works for some. Another person i know had umbilical hernia and they are older and overweight and unfit have pain from the mesh but had no choice I guess better than having your guts rupture...

This post was edited by BarnabyJones on Jul 1 2023 08:49pm
Gold: 2.00
Aug 20 2023 01:12pm
Quote (Keuter @ 19 Jun 2023 03:09)

i got the mesh repair over 10 years ago and I'm fine. I would recommend fixing the issue the recovery time is pretty quick. I don't know how i got it these things just happen at random times and nobody really knows how they come out some can be from birth or they say lifting too heavy. I do power lifting and never had a problem after surgery hope this helps. My you tube channel is Savage Power
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll