d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Petition To Remove Trap Doors
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,139.54
Jun 2 2023 08:58pm
When i said "remove the effects" i didnt mean the glyphs. I meant the level of the monsters. Just because youre "out of the TD", i always felt that even if i made a new group/left, whatever, the difficulty of the monsters stayed the same unless i completely left that character and came back.

Regardless, if making a new group fixes it, still goes back to, TDs do nothing positive. Makes monsters harder, yes. Which means longer to kill, more to shrine, no better drops (not even for decent shrineables), the map quality is still dog shit at the end, and if youre hunting objectives, im sure it resets your step counter for those objectives that supposedly take so many "steps" before you can spawn the objective. Or however the mechanic is that makes them spawn.

Again, TL;DR theres no up side to TDs. Remove/Keep/Buff/Something else. But i feel like all 46 people who play LS have actually already voted lol. Thanks for your time.
Jun 2 2023 09:47pm
Also, wtf. Ive hit a TD in every single cata ive explored on this climb. Whats the odds of that. Bad luck

With the exception of like before lvl 10.

This post was edited by Light_Prince on Jun 2 2023 09:48pm
Gold: 8,701.18
Jun 2 2023 10:58pm
I would like to remove Trap Doors, but then again it goes against the grain for Ladder Slasher.

Now I (briefly) noticed people talking about "Glyphs" remaining on character and re-creating a new catacomb and whether it remains active or not. Simple answer to this... you can now "EDIT" your Game (whether it started as a group [even solo which I always create before playing SOLO] or if you "Create" and then "Exit" the group) to remove the Trap Door EFFECTS of monsters being harder etc, YOU will NOT lose the current "Glyphs" that are active, the only time you lose those effects are when you "LOG OUT / IN".

So, here is something else that some people are unaware of... a TD effect is based on the level of monsters higher than your character level... so if you are level 15 and fall into a TD, the monsters are actually as strong as level 20 monsters (or higher) with the same drop rate if your character is the same level of them... they don't have "Monster Difficulty %" added to them like the modifier.

Now with Events with +100-300% minimum Trap Door monsters etc... it is a real bitch because you get jack shit drops for the length of time you are dealing with them, so you create a new game (edit to make group, then exit... or you have already created a group and you exit and re-create new group).

Not rocket science.

As for having dumb fucking luck and every new game (catacomb) you enter and falling in a TD and re-create a new game and fall in a TD is just RNG.

TD needs a fucking overhaul.
Jun 3 2023 10:29am
Hit another TD before i went to bed last night.

Hit another td just now.
Gold: 79,066.03
Jun 3 2023 10:44am
I like to complete maps. But it’s super frustrating so I don’t even try (unless rouge or monk)
Gold: 19,047.13
Jun 3 2023 10:50am
I actually like td's.

Personally find more drops and higher tier of drops.
I give up on maps anyway so losing current progress is actually good for me. As its a free map reset

Even on HC 1 td is generally fine
Jun 3 2023 10:57am
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jun 3 2023 12:50pm)
I actually like td's.

I give up on maps anyway so losing current progress is actually good for me. As its a free map reset

With these room size events, completing maps is SUPPOSE to be easier. By far. However, when they reset every time, its pointless and sucks :(
Gold: 3,559.63
Jun 3 2023 11:36am
Quote (Light_Prince @ Jun 2 2023 10:58pm)
When i said "remove the effects" i didnt mean the glyphs. I meant the level of the monsters. Just because youre "out of the TD", i always felt that even if i made a new group/left, whatever, the difficulty of the monsters stayed the same unless i completely left that character and came back.

Regardless, if making a new group fixes it, still goes back to, TDs do nothing positive. Makes monsters harder, yes. Which means longer to kill, more to shrine, no better drops (not even for decent shrineables), the map quality is still dog shit at the end, and if youre hunting objectives, im sure it resets your step counter for those objectives that supposedly take so many "steps" before you can spawn the objective. Or however the mechanic is that makes them spawn.

Again, TL;DR theres no up side to TDs. Remove/Keep/Buff/Something else. But i feel like all 46 people who play LS have actually already voted lol. Thanks for your time.

I have noticed this as well. Also happens when you finish a TD cata, the next cata still seems to have the TD effect (was very noticeable when there was a +400% monster level for TD)

Quote (Bigheaded @ Jun 3 2023 12:50pm)
I actually like td's.

Hmm interesting. I have never found any difference tbh lol. I will need to test more going forward.
Gold: 19,047.13
Jun 3 2023 11:38am
Quote (Nemo-dude @ Jun 3 2023 06:36pm)
I have noticed this as well. Also happens when you finish a TD cata, the next cata still seems to have the TD effect (was very noticeable when there was a +400% monster level for TD)

Hmm interesting. I have never found any difference tbh lol. I will need to test more going forward.

Agree also on the td difficultly transferring. Seems pretty possible to do maps down a td, which theoretically would be really good for maps with chests in particular. Although eps would also be a good choice
Gold: 248,047.40
Jun 3 2023 11:44am
Buff them
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll