d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > First Time Player
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,409.10
May 28 2023 12:47pm
sup dudes. finally got on poe. rolled a witch and got to level 20. lifetime d2 player. any tips?

anyone point me in the right direction?

good vibes only ;3
Gold: 82,700.00
May 28 2023 01:39pm
You might get overwhelmed by the amount of information (loot/passives/leaque mechanics) sooner or later, just accept it‘ll take weeks or even months to fully understand most parts of the game, so don’t rush yourself into playing „effective“.
Don’t gamble as a beginner (like crafting with huge currency costs, you‘ll probably end up spending 10x the currency of resulting item value)
Unlike D2, Pots/flasks are mandatory in this game and you should look into them, for most builds you want them to be active 100% of the time
If you intend to buy stash tabs, wait for a sale (they‘re on sale about every 3 weekends)

You‘ll die, a lot. Most common playstyle for Poe (softcore) is killing them before they even hit you.

If you choose to use a build guide, there are many builds for witch, as a starter for current leaque I kinda liked subtracted frost blink ignite Elementarist (personally made a variation of it with aegis aurora (Shield)). it‘s a pretty cheap build and worked well up to completing atlas(maps) and is solid to get started on farming currency etc

This post was edited by kku on May 28 2023 01:41pm
Gold: 18,662.10
May 28 2023 02:42pm

go around this guys channel and just look around. theres endless informative content.

hes really good at explaining things in easier to understand terms.
the guy the person above me linked also happens to be very good for beginner players..

my advice to you is just have fun. dont worry about sweating or min maxing.
the people that earn the most currency (generall yspeaking) are the people that play the most, and that only happens when you have fun instead of forcing yourself
to do some shit you hate that'll burn you out because you think it's good profit.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
May 28 2023 02:56pm
Quote (meilk @ May 28 2023 08:47pm)
sup dudes. finally got on poe. rolled a witch and got to level 20. lifetime d2 player. any tips?

anyone point me in the right direction?

good vibes only ;3

greetings

im you from the future and im here to tell you not to waste any irl money on this game

it was all well and good for the first 2 weeks, until you slowly started realizing that the game is wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle. you were impressed by the deep and complex character customization and wasted hours on actually learning the game, after which you realized there isnt anything to actually do apart from mindlessly grinding the same things 10h a day

one day you just felt that poe was simply boring and you didnt know why. but since you couldnt really play the game without stash tabs, you put around 200$ into it and now you feel that money was wasted :cry:
Gold: 85,311.69
Warn: 10%
May 31 2023 04:43pm
Copy some good "league starter build" and play.
Gold: 61,337.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 17 2023 04:15am
game is shit
Gold: 0.00
Jun 17 2023 05:35am
Gold: 466.99
Jun 17 2023 03:41pm
Quote (DaTz @ Jun 17 2023 04:35am)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hiY38mRpBk

that editing though
Gold: 54.90
Jun 18 2023 10:44pm
I played Path of Exile briefly in 2014 and 2017. Maybe a little in 2019. I don't remember it all.
But I never reached end-game mapping. Had a lot to learn still. I'm also considering a return.

But before I played on Windows from a laptop. Now I got a Mac. And I will play it through a new Steam account.
I also see the Steam cards at my local store. I can load up on them and buy my currency tabs and other goodies.

Before when I played Path of Exile I was bummed out I didn't know how to buy anything. Now I'll be able to.
But I'll still need to learn the game like a pro. Find a build that works. Is it worth the time? I'm getting too old.

I want to casually play and have fun buying things in Path of Exile. Cool pets, tabs and other in-game cosmetic things it has for sale.

Is it worth diving in hard at this point? Will Path of Exile 2 be out soon?
A new game to download or does it add the content to the original game?

I just don't know what I want to do anymore in terms of gaming. I want casual fun but POE is probably too hard for me.
Gold: 4,535.00
Jun 19 2023 02:57am
Quote (MADmartigan @ Jun 19 2023 06:44am)
I played Path of Exile briefly in 2014 and 2017. Maybe a little in 2019. I don't remember it all.
But I never reached end-game mapping. Had a lot to learn still. I'm also considering a return.

But before I played on Windows from a laptop. Now I got a Mac. And I will play it through a new Steam account.
I also see the Steam cards at my local store. I can load up on them and buy my currency tabs and other goodies.

Before when I played Path of Exile I was bummed out I didn't know how to buy anything. Now I'll be able to.
But I'll still need to learn the game like a pro. Find a build that works. Is it worth the time? I'm getting too old.

I want to casually play and have fun buying things in Path of Exile. Cool pets, tabs and other in-game cosmetic things it has for sale.

Is it worth diving in hard at this point? Will Path of Exile 2 be out soon?
A new game to download or does it add the content to the original game?

I just don't know what I want to do anymore in terms of gaming. I want casual fun but POE is probably too hard for me.

Thats not exactly, but a good reason for alot of people to play D3/D4
PoE has so much depht its sometimes overwhelming for new players imo...

Best experience in PoE is just copy builds until you get a basic unterstanding of the game..
And dont get depressed if you die alot, because you will... but progress in this game feels so good compared to other ones.

And i think "diving in hard" is always worth as long as you have fun
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll