d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Python Help
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,361.15
May 10 2023 02:04am
Right I’ve never done any coding but I’m assuming this is an easy job,

Only assuming so you can tell me if im thinking wrong but here is what I have in question,

I’m going to be installing batocera os on my steam deck for emulation to keep it separate from the steam os.

The thing I would like to do is have the batocera os save and read its rom file structure to be on a differed partition of the nvme.

I have working ways of sharing storage in btrfs with windows and the steam os, but id like the same for batocera.

After googling apparently the config file : batoceraFiles.py can be edited for this but may break other things.

And then batocera-save-overlay to save the changes but as again I have no clue

Not looking for a freebie, happy to pay for time just let me know

Cheers jimbo
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,948.60
Trader: Trusted
May 10 2023 10:09am
I feel like this doesn't even really involve any 'coding'. You probably just need to locate the line where it sets where it saves to or reads from and point it to the directory you'd like.

If you can get the files on a PC you can use Visual Studio Code to just search through all the files (just search for the directory address it's currently being saved to).

I'm not familiar with Batocera so I'm not sure how many files you're looking at etc.
Gold: 9,361.15
May 17 2023 09:18am
Quote (Soroush @ May 10 2023 05:09pm)
I feel like this doesn't even really involve any 'coding'. You probably just need to locate the line where it sets where it saves to or reads from and point it to the directory you'd like.

If you can get the files on a PC you can use Visual Studio Code to just search through all the files (just search for the directory address it's currently being saved to).

I'm not familiar with Batocera so I'm not sure how many files you're looking at etc.

We’ll apparently it’s built into the os lol so all done and dusted
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll