d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > What If Runescape Had No Skills
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3.10
Trader: Trusted
Apr 25 2023 10:51pm
Meet Mardu

hey friends, been a while. love and miss you all. life has been pretty busy but I've somehow always got time to waste on this stupid game.

most recently I've been putting some work into this combat only account as a personal challenge and it's honestly some of the most fun I've ever had on here. I should have made this topic like...half a year ago, and as a result I've chewed through a lot of the early grind and now present you semi-lategame anti-skilling gameplay.

I'll start by dumping a small backlog of important stuff but we should be on track in a couple posts.

longterm goals include:
807 total (slayer to 99s, green drags to finish prayer)
inferno (bulwark nibs so I don't have to rune thrownaxe them, webweaver the rest)
champ cape (need to grind out bounty hunter target teleport so I can teleport to an alt across the monkey bars lmao)
rigour, bulwark, other cox goodies (just have to scout extremely specific layouts to avoid skill rooms)
rapier + avernic (tob is totally doable, just have to walk all the way there every single time...they even provide supps)
craw's and chainmace, then the upgrades from the respective bosses
bandos chestplate, tassets, zammy spear, staff of the dead (see combat achievement rework info below)
combat bracelet from elite clues (I have a 40% chance of completing an elite step, it takes me weeks of juggling to get a single one of these things done....660 barrows chests yielded a single, miserable casket)
glory (t) from hard clues (only glory I can get, absolutely no way to recharge it, ultimately overshadowed by avarice)
boot set from med clues (they aren't the worst, just have to do guards for a long time)

WHAT AM I DOING RIGHT NOW THOUGH?
I'm turael skipping for rev tasks to farm out the last two rev weapons I need in preparation for THE GAMECHANGING ABILITY TO DO GOD WARS DUNGEON.

why is this relevant? what's changing? glad I made you ask. right now, agility requirements stop me from accessing god wars. fortunately, the hilts from the combat achievements have the ability to teleport me straight to the entrance, bypassing the requirement and unlocking 16 year old content for my dumbass snowflake account archetype. unfortunately, the smooth brains behind the scenes decided to put skilling content on the easy and medium tiers of the combat achievements. why? because we were made to suffer. doesn't matter, soon, though, because the swap to point based combat achievements will let me skip the tempoross and wintertodt, then use the points from higher tiers to push me over into hard completion for the unlimited gwd teleports.

even after all of this, I still can't do sara or arma. sara because of the agility requirement, and arma because the only place I could get a mithril grapple is gated behind barbarian training, which has skilling requirements.

bandos and zamorak will be free game and a huge pain in the ass. my only source of stamina potions right now is to carry a torstol around with me at all times and mooch them from jekyll whenever he shows up. in a post-craws future, I could technically do tob well enough to use my excess supply points on stams and bank them all, allowing me to chug stams and do red click methods. this is probably the advisable route, as otherwise I'll be doing pathetic one kill trips with a whip and cheesy taters, but it really wouldn't surprise me if you caught me there day 1 doing just that because tob is not in my near future.

I'm currently using normal attack and strength potions for even the most difficult of content, so getting these rev weapons is a big deal for a few reasons. the new wildy bosses have jacked up supply drop tables and are an extremely effective way to bank super strengths and super attacks. craw's bow is also miles better than my msb(i) even outside of the wilderness, so it just makes sense to prioritize. chainmace is the best crush weapon i can access (again, even outside the wildy) which isn't really all that useful for my current gameplay but will eventually be a big deal at phosani.

this account has a million goofy quirks that I'd love to elaborate on if you have any questions, it's just too much for me to remember all at once. anyway, here some drops and shit.

this is the first (and, as far as I'm aware, still the only) account to ever get a mole pet at 1 agility. it's as miserable as it sounds. just wanted a diamond ring.

Retired Moderator
Apr 25 2023 10:54pm
I used a dragon sword until this whip, you have no idea how good it felt. also, that ranging cape is my first accumulator...had to pick up all my arrows manually until 99. goofy green drinks are lizardkickers, which are my best ranged boost at a mighty +4.

Gold: 2,420.00
Apr 26 2023 03:34am
oshi gl hf dd etc ofc gamers rise up
you're an absolute madman
Gold: 0.00
Apr 26 2023 01:00pm
crazy grind! I have a buddy who does similar crazy grinds like this.

He has a near maxed UIM skiller
and a F2P only UIM combat only account. last i checked he was around 85+ in all combats in free to play only lol... I could never do this.
Apr 26 2023 03:45pm
this is something im definitely intrested in seeing more posts! fun idea, lets go ! :bouncy:
Gold: 2,125.70
Trader: Mediator
Apr 26 2023 04:55pm
wb keth
Retired Moderator
Apr 29 2023 02:30am
WE GOT A FAKE GLOOOORYYYYY AMULET OF POWER GOING RIGHT IN THE TRASH SPOOKY SKULL GANG REPRESENT

loot tab so far as well, all on task...try not to admire my rev drip too hard

Quote (Jupe @ Apr 26 2023 05:34am)
oshi gl hf dd etc ofc gamers rise up
you're an absolute madman

tytyty you're an inspiration

Quote (svastik @ Apr 26 2023 03:00pm)
crazy grind! I have a buddy who does similar crazy grinds like this.

He has a near maxed UIM skiller
and a F2P only UIM combat only account. last i checked he was around 85+ in all combats in free to play only lol... I could never do this.

f2p is for avey, wherever he may be

I couldn't do that either, honestly

Quote (IntensiveTouch @ Apr 26 2023 05:45pm)
this is something im definitely intrested in seeing more posts! fun idea, lets go ! :bouncy:

thank you, it's slow going but the updates will happen eventually

Quote (Lashiing @ Apr 26 2023 06:55pm)
wb keth

much love tony hope you're doing well
Apr 29 2023 02:24pm
Sick acc shame it's not a Uim xd

What was kill count for that smexy dragon warhammer? im quite jealous haha
Gold: 300.00
Apr 29 2023 04:50pm
Welcome back Keith, glgl