d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Are Hardcore Players All Like This?
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,367.00
Apr 24 2023 09:23am
Started my first ever HC journey over the last couple of days. Played solo through normal, smashed some baal runs. Got to NM. Got a great levelling group and a kind soul helped us out through act 3/4 and to a few Baal runs. Likewise, as soon as I landed in Hell, had a streamer I was watching offer to boost me through.

Anyway, land in Act 4. Level 70. Feeling great. Decided I'm going to join my first Chaos run. Tell the other players in the game it's my first run, and to keep me right.

The runner called safe TP (as well as '1'). I wen't through. Fker had lured the entire map on it - one shot. Dusted. Like even I nearly laughed, but was far too tilted for a few minutes, and that's pretty awful form.

Hardcore career over.

Is this a normal enough thing in HC? Is it a real 'trust nobody' world out there. Is everyone a scumbag?

Warning for other unsuspecting players: Bnet tag for the guy who put the TP up and called safe tp - Trashkiddo#1958 (player name Don)

This post was edited by KrimzonTheRed on Apr 24 2023 09:25am
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 40%
Apr 24 2023 09:28am
Quote (KrimzonTheRed @ Apr 24 2023 08:23am)
Started my first ever HC journey over the last couple of days. Played solo through normal, smashed some baal runs. Got to NM. Got a great levelling group and a kind soul helped us out through act 3/4 and to a few Baal runs. Likewise, as soon as I landed in Hell, had a streamer I was watching offer to boost me through.

Anyway, land in Act 4. Level 70. Feeling great. Decided I'm going to join my first Chaos run. Tell the other players in the game it's my first run, and to keep me right.

The runner called safe TP (as well as '1'). I wen't through. Fker had lured the entire map on it - one shot. Dusted. Like even I nearly laughed, but was far too tilted for a few minutes, and that's pretty awful form.

Hardcore career over.

Is this a normal enough thing in HC? Is it a real 'trust nobody' world out there. Is everyone a scumbag?

Warning for other unsuspecting players: Bnet tag for the guy who put the TP up and called safe tp - Trashkiddo#1958 (player name Don)

Don’t give up.. there’s a few ass hats, yes… but don’t let it sour you.
You learned a lesson. Usually I walk river of flame to chaos anyways it’s still ilvl85 I believe.
Gold: 5,433.00
Apr 24 2023 09:29am
HC is great, just dont trust anyone. Every death is a lesson learned. Find a group to play with once in hell

Take a smoke break and keep going.

Make a chanter, a bo barb to rush/ bo whenever you die. Be back up in no time.
Gold: 5,319.06
Apr 24 2023 09:32am
no they are not, and id suggest playing through hell as opposed to getting rushed and leveling in groups. just a better learning experience to feel the game difficulty scale up gradually....gotta keeo your res maxed or just forget it, gotta get your fhr/fcr breakpoints etc, cant go teleing like a psycho etc....

a HC rule of thumb for some is dont even go into hell before lvl 70, you were in a4, and probably not contributing too much against monsters with 15 levels on you.

the guy pking you with a dirty tp sucks. Better to have a character that can hold their own and catch up to the group without relying on someones promise of a safe tp
Gold: 4,115.00
Apr 24 2023 09:32am
yeh go easy man, find a trusted group, play with them, learn the tricks, stay safe.
Gold: 48,587.69
Apr 24 2023 09:33am
You're only safe with friends and people you know well from d2jsp. Don't trust anyone else.
Gold: 5,319.06
Apr 24 2023 09:41am
yeah reading your post again, imo you shouldnt need anyone to help you with anything at all in nightmare. Youre just going too fast it sounds like. You should be able to clear NM completely so without any issue. You should be able to get decently far in to hell on your own, too, depending on your build etc but yeah sounds like youre taking some big big shortcuts man.
Gold: 2,056.93
Apr 24 2023 09:43am
Don is still playing? I thought he quit after getting wrecked 0-3 and losing 50K FG + his buddies blizz Sorc to a Nec.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=100433121&f=85

Btw, I’m sure he was streaming your demise on twitch

This post was edited by BuCkShOtZ on Apr 24 2023 09:44am
Gold: 1,984.20
Apr 24 2023 09:45am
Hardcore is concurrently the best and worst community, I'd say in general the game mode amplifies the user's personality.

I spend most of my free time helping randos through hell on my nova sorc "ATitBitNiply". I've wandered into hell games where a benefactor is giving out Ber runes. I've watched an hdin run normal baals for 2 hours just to level everyone to 50.

I've also seen a dude help an entire team procure staff and kill dury, then hostile and charge two of them down outside of a3. Keep your eyes open and your defenses up: JSP is a good spot to find friends that are the first type (and memorize account names of people that are the second type).

Hit me up if you need help next ladder!
Gold: 82,944.00
Apr 24 2023 09:45am
Quote (KrimzonTheRed @ Apr 24 2023 11:23am)

Hardcore career over.

The kid who dirty tp’d you is a notorious HC goober. He can only dirty tp and pk unsuspecting players. You can find some solace in the fact that they’ve ran from jsp after embarrassing themselves to the tune of 50k+ fg last month attempting to duel someone who killed two of his characters.

But lesson learned, some pubs and people are dirty.

This post was edited by TheScottosaur on Apr 24 2023 09:46am
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll